SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Kings 2012 Playoff Run.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowduck

Shadowduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

I have to say I am surprised how well the Kings are playing. They destroyed the Canucks and they are on the way to doing the same to St. Louis.(I had picked the Blues to win the conference).
As of this writing the Kings and Blues are going into the 3rd period of game 3 with La leading 3-1.
I absolutely don't want the Kings to win a cup, since I want the Ducks to remain the only west coast/california team with a cup win. But honestly the way the Kings are playing I have to take my hat off to them. They are playing with as much heart and determination as any team in the playoffs right now.
On the bright side the TV coverage of tonight's game has Hazy doing color comentary from the benches.

#2 Skevinrules

Skevinrules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Well they advanced again. How they are doing this well, I have no clue. They will probably play Pheonix who is beatable. We gunna see the kings play the devils in the finals then watch them lose like we did?

#3 Guest_KyleJanak_*

Guest_KyleJanak_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

The One thing I hope is LA lose in a Big way....Cause seeing them raise the Cup will be a insult to us all who follow the Ducks. I want the Ducks win 2nd Stanley Cup and be only California base team to do it.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

You got that right Moose. :)

#4 ThE_DaVe

ThE_DaVe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Quick is playing amazing and LA is finally scoring somewhat. I am praying for rust for the next round, I think that may be the only way they get beat.

#5 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Sigh.. I've had to force myself to come to terms with what they're doing this year.. Shame that d-bag Carter had to come along for the ride though

#6 Guest_KyleJanak_*

Guest_KyleJanak_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Sigh.. I've had to force myself to come to terms with what they're doing this year.. Shame that d-bag Carter had to come along for the ride though

They probably had a secret meeting. :lol:

Edited by KyleJanak, 06 May 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#7 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Quick is playing amazing and LA is finally scoring somewhat. I am praying for rust for the next round, I think that may be the only way they get beat.

I'm with this. A sweep looks cool and all, but sometimes it's the kiss of death. Just look at 2006 when we swept Colorado, got too comfy, and lost in the WCF to Edmonton.

#8 Shadowduck

Shadowduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm with this. A sweep looks cool and all, but sometimes it's the kiss of death. Just look at 2006 when we swept Colorado, got too comfy, and lost in the WCF to Edmonton.

Yep, me and my buddy were talking about this on friday night. Our hope is that the Phoenix-Nashville series goes a full 7, and that by the time the next round starts the Kings will have cooled off and start off the next round slow and off balance compared to the other team who will still be riding the confidence wave of their recent victories.

I hope it is Phoenix, cause it would kill me to have to hope that Nashville beats the Kings and get's a chance at the cup.

The absolute worse senario for me is a Kings vs Devils Cup. I hate the Devils for denying the Ducks a cup in 2003, and of course I don't want the Kings to win a cup.
That senario, which is looking possible at this time, would be a personal lose-lose.

#9 themadduckster

themadduckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Several in the hockey media picked a Capitals-Kings finals. The way things are going it could happen.

:wacko: The Mad Duckster :wacko:

#10 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,294 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yep, me and my buddy were talking about this on friday night. Our hope is that the Phoenix-Nashville series goes a full 7, and that by the time the next round starts the Kings will have cooled off and start off the next round slow and off balance compared to the other team who will still be riding the confidence wave of their recent victories.

I hope it is Phoenix, cause it would kill me to have to hope that Nashville beats the Kings and get's a chance at the cup.

The absolute worse senario for me is a Kings vs Devils Cup. I hate the Devils for denying the Ducks a cup in 2003, and of course I don't want the Kings to win a cup. That senario, which is looking possible at this time, would be a personal lose-lose.

I dislike the Devils but I'd pull for them and not even think twice about it.

I'm pulling for new York, Philly, and Phoenix, but I could live w/ Washington or new Jersey.

#11 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

My haterism is boiling over. I might have to personally fly to LA, and open a bar tab for Carter and Richards myself. This can't happen, the Kings winning a Cup is one of the signs of the Apocalypse!

#12 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,294 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

My haterism is boiling over. I might have to personally fly to LA, and open a bar tab for Carter and Richards myself. This can't happen, the Kings winning a Cup is one of the signs of the Apocalypse!

I plan on going to Game #3 or #4 and am fixing on wearing my Dustin Brown USA DIVING TEAM jacket (and a Ducks hat) even though it's probably beyond the individual and collective grasp of the Kings fan base...

#13 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

I plan on going to Game #3 or #4 and am fixing on wearing my Dustin Brown USA DIVING TEAM jacket (and a Ducks hat) even though it's probably beyond the individual and collective grasp of the Kings fan base...

lmao +1

#14 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Haha! Awesome. Hopefully it's a waterproof jacket, you'll be getting lots of "free" beer ;)

#15 poum

poum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

No really, if the Kings win the Cup in 2012. I'm quiting my job and getting my bucket list done.

#16 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

No really, if the Kings win the Cup in 2012. I'm quiting my job and getting my bucket list done.

The Mayans were right. I feel like such a fool.

#17 Netminder351

Netminder351

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Kings are probably the best team left in the playoffs. I can't see the yotes stoping them.

#18 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Kings are probably the best team left in the playoffs. I can't see the yotes stoping them.

I agree about the Yotes, but I don't think the Kings are clearly better than any of the four teams in the East. Smith will be a great barometer for where the Kings offense is at.

#19 Stoodonhishead

Stoodonhishead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

I find it peculiar that LA has seemingly cruised through the playoffs, especially when you look at what's happening in the east. Most series are going game 7, tons of o.t. (even triple o.t.!!) I would think that any team that comes out of the east would give LA problems.

Why St. Louis Blues were swept away by Los Angeles Kings in Round 2

#20 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,294 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

I find it peculiar that LA has seemingly cruised through the playoffs, especially when you look at what's happening in the east. Most series are going game 7, tons of o.t. (even triple o.t.!!) I would think that any team that comes out of the east would give LA problems.

Why St. Louis Blues were swept away by Los Angeles Kings in Round 2

I hope this doesn't become a side note, but both the Kings and Blues are tied for the longest history without a Stanley Cup. I'd hate to see FORTY FOUR YEARS of futility end this season.

LET'S GO COYOTES!

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2012 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices