Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadowduck

Kings 2012 Playoff Run.

42 posts in this topic

Yes, I remember how classy their fans were in '07 as we were pushing for our first Cup. Looking on their MB they had nothing but well wishes and support for our little franchise and fan base. They were, and have been the epitome of class...

Get real dude, **** the Kings.

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, I remember how classy their fans were in '07 as we were pushing for our first Cup. Looking on their MB they had nothing but well wishes and support for our little franchise and fan base. They were, and have been the epitome of class...

Austin..... Nice!

During the Duck's 07 run, I went to a "Nationals" bar to watch one of the games between the Ducks and Redwings. There was a group a couple of boths over in which one of the guys was wearing his Redwings jersey. He and I both stated our opnion about who was going to win and it was all good natured. I asked the guy next to him in the booth if he too was cheering for the Redwings. He said:

"I absolutely hate the Redwings but I am hoping they destroy the Ducks. I am a Kings fan and I don't want the Ducks winning a cup before the Kings. "

Yes it is only one person, but I also remember that year the announcers for the radio kings talking about how when the Ducks were playing at Staples center fans were putting Ducks Hockey cards of Pronger, Neidemeyer and Selanne inside the mens urinals for fans to urinate on.

Don't misunderstand me here. I think the Kings have played the hardest and most consistant of any team in the playoffs this year. In the very first post in this thread I tipped my hat to their effort.

But for someone to say we as fans should be happy our cross town rivals are going to win a cup is redicules.

I already think that short of a complete meltdown the kings will win the cup. They have worked hard throughout the playoffs and deserve it as much as any team.

But that doesn't mean I should be expected to be happy about it.

So far it has been original six teams winning the cup since '08 (Exception Penguins '09). Hopefully that trend continues this year.

Ugh! Ugggggggh! UgggggghH! Your'e on target. Kings fans will claim "WESTERN CONFERNCE" no matter what. But during 07, they changed their tune.

Yeah, real classy of them to show up in their stinkin loser Kings jerseys for playoff games at the Honda Center cheering for whoever the Ducks were playing. Go Devils!

2 people like this

You guys make it sound like they're the only one of us that has bad fans. We have fans at staples center that screw with them too. But we have to be better than that. If we keep posting these hateful comments on our MB then we are no better than they are. Don't get me wrong, I strongly dislike the kings. I just believe that every fan should have the pleasure of watching their team compete for the stanley cup. Until that is they inevitably throw it in our faces if they win...because we all know they will. We did the same thing to them after all.

I never said they were classy. I said they were loyal.

You guys make it sound like they're the only one of us that has bad fans. We have fans at staples center that screw with them too. But we have to be better than that. If we keep posting these hateful comments on our MB then we are no better than they are. Don't get me wrong, I strongly dislike the kings. I just believe that every fan should have the pleasure of watching their team compete for the stanley cup. Until that is they inevitably throw it in our faces if they win...because we all know they will. We did the same thing to them after all.

With many other teams I would completely agree with your sentiment here. Just not the Kings. No group of fans deserved to see their team to the end more than the Coyote fans. I really don't like the Coyotes, but I suppose I feel the way you described when it comes to their underdog team and their loyal fans. I can relate their fans and franchise to ours before we won it all. The way the Yotes were screwed in that series was a slap in the face of "deserving" fan bases. It only makes it that much harder to put aside my bias towards the Kings.

I never said they were classy. I said they were loyal.

Fair enough. I realize not all of any team's fans are the same. We have many jerky fans, and they have many great, classy fans. I know many personally. I also know from personal experience that from day one, their fans have been the most abusive and most disrespectful towards us. I just reserve my right to hate our closest rivals in our place to vent, and I wish them all the worst.

1 person likes this

With many other teams I would completely agree with your sentiment here. Just not the Kings. No group of fans deserved to see their team to the end more than the Coyote fans. I really don't like the Coyotes, but I suppose I feel the way you described when it comes to their underdog team and their loyal fans. I can relate their fans and franchise to ours before we won it all. The way the Yotes were screwed in that series was a slap in the face of "deserving" fan bases. It only makes it that much harder to put aside my bias towards the Kings.

Fair enough. I realize not all of any team's fans are the same. We have many jerky fans, and they have many great, classy fans. I know many personally. I also know from personal experience that from day one, their fans have been the most abusive and most disrespectful towards us. I just reserve my right to hate our closest rivals in our place to vent, and I wish them all the worst.

Glad we got that all cleared up. And no one will tell you that you can't vent. I feel the same way about wings and canucks. I was saying some really raunchy stuff about Kesler (such a whiner) when we played the Canucks, and also the entire Red Wings team in '07.

Yep, me and my buddy were talking about this on friday night. Our hope is that the Phoenix-Nashville series goes a full 7, and that by the time the next round starts the Kings will have cooled off and start off the next round slow and off balance compared to the other team who will still be riding the confidence wave of their recent victories.

I hope it is Phoenix, cause it would kill me to have to hope that Nashville beats the Kings and get's a chance at the cup.

The absolute worse senario for me is a Kings vs Devils Cup. I hate the Devils for denying the Ducks a cup in 2003, and of course I don't want the Kings to win a cup.

That senario, which is looking possible at this time, would be a personal lose-lose.

In hindsight I should have driven up to Vegas and placed a bet.

Oh Well. As much as I hate to admit it, the Kings have outplayed everyone in the playoffs this year and are dominating the Devils. While the first two games went to overtime, the goals that got the Devils to overtime in those games were really weak goals. one was a deflection off of a Kings defenseman and the other one was a deflection. The Devils have yet to beat Quick striaght up. Last night's 4-0 shutout was impressive.

It's no fun seeing our rival about to win the Cup, but they have played hard and deserve to win based on their efforts. As a hockey fan I have to respect such a strong post season performance.

While the Kings fans were never very gracious about the Ducks winning the Cup, I have to say congradulations to the Kings and their fans.