Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Canadian Brawl At Nightclub In Helsinki

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 Gauntler

Gauntler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hey guys, I just thought i'd share a interesting / funny article from the Worlds at Finland.

Dont have time to correct the english from this google translate, but hope its readable. :)

----
Brawl at nightclub
Was out after defeat to the USA: "Three minutes and I have lowered all of you"
Canadian stars Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry was at a nightclub after loss against USA.
When heated it to substantially between the captain and other Finnish restaurant visitors.
- Three minutes and I have lowered all of you will have Getzlaf said.
Canada fell in sudden death against the United States (3-4) on Saturday. After the loss was captain Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, both of Anaheim Ducks, the nightclub The Circus in central Helsinki.
According to witnesses at the site should Getzlaf have presented itself as Teemu Selännes team mate and later in the evening he should have been particularly interested in the former Miss Finland Sara Sieppi.
- Yes, we talked to each other. But there was no flirting. A perfectly normal conversation, says Sara Sieppi to TV channel MTV3.

In the morning hours at the night club's closing time it would heat up - with other Finnish restaurant visitors.
According to eyewitnesses, as reported in the Helsingin Sanomat newspaper and television channel MTV3, Getzlaf will be waving his fist and said:
- You do not want to feel this, I will bring you all down and continued:
- Three minutes and I have lowered all of you.
But the guards and other outsiders have prevented the scuffle and societies left the nightclub, but the war of words continued for a while outside before everything calmed down.
Getzlaf, 26, is captain of both the team and Anaheim and one of Canada's biggest stars.

----

Source and pictures here:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/landslag/hockeyvm/article14790947.ab

http://www.iltalehti.fi/mmjaakiekko2012/2012050615536178_j0.shtml

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/mmjaakiekko2012/uutiset.shtml/2012/05/1541011/kanadan-tahtipelaajat-viihtyivat-yokerhossa---katso

Edited by Gauntler, 07 May 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#2 Blakkdrache

Blakkdrache

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Funniest google translation I've come across thus far was:

"Three minutes, and all ye are fallen," cried Getzlaf Finns threatening tone.

#3 Guest_KyleJanak_*

Guest_KyleJanak_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

I like watching Canadians battle it out even against each other because they really go at it especially if they are rivals. :)

#4 Freakle

Freakle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

oh my not this again.

there you go for comments

http://www.anaheimca...ampionships-bar

http://www.anaheimca...12-nhl-playoffs

you can find my oppinion (and other duck fans) in the comments :)

#5 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Never knew Getz speaks old english.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

Canadian English, Old English, and French the three official languages of Canada.

#6 nieder

nieder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

Calling that a "Canadian Brawl" is a bit of a stretch. A couple of guys had words in a bar. That's it.

#7 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,765 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

Getz said it was overblown...simple as that.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

Besides, everyone knows his hands aren't dangerous. His 11 goals are proof of that.

#8 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,755 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

Prove of his Laid back attitude at times what can you say.

I can say he's a pass first center, and it has nothing to do with a laid back attitude that he does not have.

#9 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,755 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

It just ticks me off he does not shoot first. Drives me Nuts sometimes Of course I would love to see him shoot more and pass second. You know where I stand EH.

Actually Moose, I have trouble figuring out where you stand. You're all over the place.

As far as Getzlaf, why do you want him shooting first? Corey Perry won a MVP and the Richard playing next to a pass first pivot. Ryan's seen terrific success playing for the most part with the team's captain. Why do you ignore that? Why do you ignore Getzlaf's overall production?

Getzlaf is one of the best passing centers in the game and you wouldn't have him play to his strength? If that's the case, why not put Brookbank and Parros on the power play - that way they can both shoot more. Play Ryan in a defensive shut down role so he can get more hits.

Edited by zther, 08 May 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#10 RobD360

RobD360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Funniest google translation I've come across thus far was:

That was hilarious !
Getz sounds like a gentleman and a scholar and apparently a hockey player too. A true Michael DeAngelo of our time

#11 themadduckster

themadduckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

That was hilarious !
Getz sounds like a gentleman and a scholar and apparently a hockey player too. A true Michael DeAngelo of our time

Who is Michael DeAngelo?

:wacko: The Mad Duckster :wacko:

Edited by themadduckster, 08 May 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#12 themadduckster

themadduckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Ahhh. Never mind. You mean Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni.

#13 wataduk

wataduk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Oh my Gawd I am crying I am laughing so hard.
This is great stuff!

I think Getzlaf's words should be the Ducks battle cry next year. Before each home game the entire crowd should stand up and shake their fists at the opposing team while chanting "You do not want to feel this, we will bring you all down." :lol:

#14 wataduk

wataduk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

It just ticks me off he does not shoot first. Drives me Nuts sometimes Of course I would love to see him shoot more and pass second. You know where I stand EH.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

Apparently he knows how to shake his fist first.

#15 RobD360

RobD360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

D'OH!!!
Yeah. That's who I meant. << insert donkey sound here>>

#16 RobD360

RobD360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Don Geztlaffani the God Father

#17 semipro

semipro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Besides, everyone knows his hands aren't dangerous. His 11 goals are proof of that.

Yeh, but what if he uses his 11 goal hands to blind the guys with handfuls of his dead hair...well, you could imagine the kaos........

Edited by semipro, 11 May 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#18 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,765 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

Yeh, but what if he uses his 11 goal hands to blind the guys with handfuls of his dead hair...well, you could imagine the kaos........

Haha! Oh man, ouch.

#19 Aksun

Aksun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Yeah. Please give us more Getzlaf's Mighty Fist jokes. We 'puttin you down! In 3 minutes!

#20 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

I was thinking of taking one of the fist from the hulk hand toys, paint it as getzlafs skin color then shaking it at the opposition as they come out to the rink. Heck, it can become as popular as George's stache

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   NHL TicketExchange  Site Map AdChoices