The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hayski08

Nic Kerdiles

"Ducks Prospects" twitter account fella is saying there's some rumblings that Sorenson has been signed. How many more contracts can the Ducks lock up? Does it affect their ability to sign Kerdiles, or not until he comes over to start playing pro?

A lot of my "knowledge" of contract situations is pretty much trash since it mostly derives from playing video games.  :ph34r:

And yes I'm also seeing Sorensen has signed a 3 year deal with the Ducks and he's reporting to Norfolk

I haven't done too much research into it, but I think it was because Wheeler was a very high draft pick at the top of the first round while Schultz was a second round pick.  Completely unfair to the Ducks, of course, but that was the league's discretion.

And yes, Schultz is a complete...[fill in your own creative insult here]

Dibs on RichardHead

I believe poum's classic, "dirty hooker" works well here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but "dirty pirate hooker" sounds more like me than not. And that's only keeping it PG-13.

Why did the Coyotes get a pick? And we got nothing?

Schultz should have been upfront with the organization. If he would have notified them of his intent to leave, they could have traded him for something. Oh well, could have, should have, or would have...doesn't do anything to help what happened.

I am curious to see if Murray attempts to sign Kerdiles during this coming off-season, to determine his intentions. If he unwilling to commit to the Ducks, I could see him being part of the package offered for Kesler (which could likely happen anyway).

That's the fun thing with Schultz. Four years he told the Ducks "how excited he was... committed he was to the organization... blah blah". Then about 5 months prior to FA he decided to sing a different tune. Leaving BM, the Ducks and fans boned.

At that point BM couldn't trade him. Any team accepting that trade could very well lose him in FA too. And lets be honest who the hell saw Edmonton winning? 29 teams to pick from and it's Edmonton.

Dts nickname "Judas"is quite apt. Total stab in the back. If he wants to waste his youth into prime in Siberian Canada so be it. May Edmonton rebuild for another seven years or as long as Schultz is a grease stain upon the NHL or which ever franchise he goes next.

Heck. Judas the dirty pirate hooker is an RFA. Offer sheet Edmonton into something stupid. If they don't accept and he becomes a Duck, bury him in the ECHL in Salt Lake. I'll help fund a kickstarter campaign for the Samuelis to ease the burden.

That's the fun thing with Schultz. Four years he told the Ducks "how excited he was... committed he was to the organization... blah blah". Then about 5 months prior to FA he decided to sing a different tune. Leaving BM, the Ducks and fans boned.

At that point BM couldn't trade him. Any team accepting that trade could very well lose him in FA too. And lets be honest who the hell saw Edmonton winning? 29 teams to pick from and it's Edmonton.

Dts nickname "Judas"is quite apt. Total stab in the back. If he wants to waste his youth into prime in Siberian Canada so be it. May Edmonton rebuild for another seven years or as long as Schultz is a grease stain upon the NHL or which ever franchise he goes next.

Heck. Judas the dirty pirate hooker is an RFA. Offer sheet Edmonton into something stupid. If they don't accept and he becomes a Duck, bury him in the ECHL in Salt Lake. I'll help fund a kickstarter campaign for the Samuelis to ease the burden.

I love the fact fans were booing the crap out him every time he touched the puck the other night. Go DUCKS fans!!!

Of all teams, the "dirty pirate hooker" picked a team that will likely be a bottom feeder for years to come over the thriving Ducks. It's almost comical! I say almost because we lost him for nothing! Fills my heart with pure joy to hear all Ducks' fans booing him every chance they get!

As for Kerdiles, I worry about him repeating the Schultz drama. This is why I question if BM is looking to sign Nicky? Because if BM were to sense some uncertainty from young Nic, he may want to trade him (rather than lose him for nothing)?

I may start twelve new accounts on this board just so I can like your post more than once.

Of all teams, the "dirty pirate hooker" picked a team that will likely be a bottom feeder for years to come over the thriving Ducks. It's almost comical! I say almost because we lost him for nothing! Fills my heart with pure joy to hear all Ducks' fans booing him every chance they get!

As for Kerdiles, I worry about him repeating the Schultz drama. This is why I question if BM is looking to sign Nicky? Because if BM were to sense some uncertainty from young Nic, he may want to trade him (rather than lose him for nothing)?

I'm not REALLY worried about losing Kerdiles.  I bring up Judas Schultz every time we talk about a college player signing simply because I'm so bitter that both Schultz and the NHL failed so spectacularly in this situation.  But in reality, this type of thing happens rarely.  The Ducks have a successful franchise with a well-respected coach and look to be in contention for the next several years.  It seems hard to fathom that a player would want to throw all that away.

CAUSE THEN HE'LL GET BOOED EVERY GAME HERE FOR THE REST OF HIS MISERABLE LIFE.

Per Stephens, Kerdiles signed an ELC and should be joining Norfolk shortly.  :)

Ducks have signed Wisconsin standout winger Nic Kerdiles to a three-year entry level deal.

Nic Kerdiles two-way deal worth $832.5K/70K in each of next three years. Starts next season. Now off to Alberta.

Told Kerdiles should join AHL Norfolk shortly. Admirals getting infusion of talent for playoff push. Matt Bailey got first goal Friday.

This is great news!! I'm really excited that the Ducks have Nicky signed for the next  three years and look forward to seeing him in a Ducks uniform very soon!

I can't thank the University of Wisconsin enough for the best 2 years of my life! Excited to start this new chapter with the @AnaheimDucks !

So, does this mean I can stop bitterly waiting for Kerdiles to sign with someone else?

Yes. All the more bitterness to pile on Schultz!

Yes. All the more bitterness to pile on Schultz!

Yup! I refuse to split up my bitterness with anyone else. All in on Judas the Pirate Hooker.

Yup! I refuse to split up my bitterness with anyone else. All in on Judas the Pirate Hooker.

I'll be booing him tonight from the comfort of my couch.  DOWN WITH JUDAS THE PIRATE HOOKER!

2g 6a in 12 games... not bad for a 20 year old rookie.

Also note that Wagner has 6g and 3a in 8 games!!! The guy is 23, but that's some great "I should be in the NHL" numbers. He looked decent in his short stint earlier in the season too. Great to see so much depth in the Ducks roster.

Haven't heard much about Kerdiles this season. I'm surprised to see an NHL writer focus on a prospect like Kerdiles, who's great, but not a name many would be familiar with. I like it. He's one of the prospects I'm really looking forward to breaking into the roster in the near future, he looked great in camp and preseason, showed his skill and even some physicality.

Haven't heard much about Kerdiles this season. I'm surprised to see an NHL writer focus on a prospect like Kerdiles, who's great, but not a name many would be familiar with. I like it. He's one of the prospects I'm really looking forward to breaking into the roster in the near future, he looked great in camp and preseason, showed his skill and even some physicality.

Yeah noticed he has 3 fights already early in the season. Skill and some toughness...gotta like that.

Nice to know that Heatley has been good for something, eh?

Reflected again and again in the views of rookies on their first glimpse into life as a professional is the struggle to fit into the bigger picture. Kerdiles was no stranger to this, but his piece in the puzzle fit a little easier than most, thanks to guidance from Wisconsin star and current Ducks forward Dany Heatley.

"He gave me tips during training camp. Told me to relax and play confident and just enjoy it," Kerdiles said. "It's a learning experience and I'll get my crack at it, so just keep working hard."

He has heeded that advice. Heading into the weekend, Kerdiles is tied for ninth in rookie scoring with eight points through 12 games, and his six assists are best on the Admirals.

Nice to know that Heatley has been good for something, eh?

Minny fans said it was the one big positive he brought (being a mentor to the kids), good to see it carried over to Anaheim. With legends like Saku and Teemu gone, and a roster full of kids, it is a pretty important role to fill. 

Maybe Heater should try his hand at coaching? [shrugs]  He could be an Allstar coach and guarantee #50 (wins) in '16.  :P

Minny fans said it was the one big positive he brought (being a mentor to the kids), good to see it carried over to Anaheim. With legends like Saku and Teemu gone, and a roster full of kids, it is a pretty important role to fill.

Maybe Heater should try his hand at coaching? [shrugs] He could be an Allstar coach and guarantee #50 (wins) in '16. :P

Hell, why not? They gave the guy we hated from the 2006 playoffs a coaching job. Might as well follow it up with a guy who was systematically shut down in the 2007 playoffs.

Will we possibly see him soon with Devo on IR Heatley won't be back until December and now Wild Bill with the flu?

Will we possibly see him soon with Devo on IR Heatley won't be back until December and now Wild Bill with the flu?

Perry and Palms are back, so probably not at this point. Have to think they want to take it slow with Nic, he's got a whole lot of potential and there's no need to rush him.

Still out for a bit with that concussion, sounds like, but I'm curious to see if they slide him to center when he gets back. He's been used there on a couple occasions, and with Karlsson moved it would make sense to get a little more depth at C if they can. Seems versatile enough, and Ducks have plenty of winger depth, filthy winger depth really, so it will only help him in pushing for NHL time sooner than later if he makes that adjustment.

Still out for a bit with that concussion, sounds like, but I'm curious to see if they slide him to center when he gets back. He's been used there on a couple occasions, and with Karlsson moved it would make sense to get a little more depth at C if they can. Seems versatile enough, and Ducks have plenty of winger depth, filthy winger depth really, so it will only help him in pushing for NHL time sooner than later if he makes that adjustment.

Probably why the got Sgarbossa, right? With all of your AHL watching/reading, have you heard anything about the new kid, norge?

Probably why the got Sgarbossa, right? With all of your AHL watching/reading, have you heard anything about the new kid, norge?

Not a lot, actually. He puts up solid AHL points, iirc. And I know when I play GM mode on NHL 14 (yeah, I'm cheap, still haven't upgraded to PS4), I see his name pop up a lot on the scoresheet if I'm sim-ing my Admirals games.  :ph34r: High-end analysis there right?

I don't believe that he's a legit prospect so much as an AHL filler though. Kind of like Mat Clark that way; a probably-not-gonna-make-it-in-the-NHL guy, so definitely not a Karlsson replacement in that respect. Makes it a fair swap. I think this is much like the Grant-for-Petersson trade last season, in that we might see Sgarbossa take off for KHL money at the end of his contract, or we might see him sign a cheap two-way and be a Gulls staple next season.

Edit: I see he has the same birthday as me, though, that's neat.