The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1anaheim

The 1 July Thread

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Murray doesn't necessarily need to make anything happen today if the right player or deal isn't there. I thought the trade deadline would be active last year, and it was dead. I thought the draft would be active with trades, and nothing. I'm not getting my hopes up. Looking at the message board this time last year and people were melting down because we weren't active enough. I expect the same today.

about 30 minutes to go!

Who will we get?

Suter, Parise, and Nash. Then we trade for Schultz... book it! :P

Seriously though, I'm hoping for a solid top 4 D-man like Allen, Garrison, Jackman, Zanon. Not really keen on Olli, but he'd be a good fit if we got him. I'd rather see what Holland brings at that point. Will that kid ever get his shot? Also wouldn't mind a left winger or two to add some depth on different lines like Doan (1st line), PA Parenteau (2nd line), Pyatt/Ponikarovski (3rd line), Glass(4th line)...

I'm hoping to see at least one signing today for the NHL club. I ran out of +1's already, but I agree with you AustinDuck, this free agency day one is probably going to look a lot like last year's, patience on Murray's part, impatience on the part of the fans. I myself am expecting at least one headline maker today, whether it's a trade or a signing. We'll see in ten minutes I guess.

Suter, Parise, and Nash. Then we trade for Schultz... book it! :P

Seriously though, I'm hoping for a solid top 4 D-man like Allen, Garrison, Jackman, Zanon. Not really keen on Olli, but he'd be a good fit if we got him. I'd rather see what Holland brings at that point. Will that kid ever get his shot? Also wouldn't mind a left winger or two to add some depth on different lines like Doan (1st line), PA Parenteau (2nd line), Pyatt/Ponikarovski (3rd line), Glass(4th line)...

I would love to see poni as a duck, he's one of my favorite players.

My perfect FA day would be Olli and Suter and a bottom pairing Dman. That would address our big holes/weaknesses. My guess with be, a top four Dman and fourth line Center, but those types of players aren't usually signed right away. We may see that later this week.

I would be happy with a couple of "D" men like Garrison and Salvador..it's no frills, not a ton of money , but a good return on the blue line. The problem we have is star players don't want to come here right now and the ownership is having a hard time filling seats, so look for something creative.

I haven't heard lately, but it would help if the Great Getzlaff wasn't one of the worst face-off centers in the league. Having said that, I would expect Getz/Pears to step it up until they sign for an extra $mill a year with the hopes that they can play to their abilities for 25 minutes a game.

I would be happy with a couple of "D" men like Garrison and Salvador..it's no frills, not a ton of money , but a good return on the blue line. The problem we have is star players don't want to come here right now and the ownership is having a hard time filling seats, so look for something creative.

I agree, but both of those players are going to be grossly overpaid.. If we can afford it sure, but I hope Murray is careful..

about 30 minutes to go!

Who will we get?

I'm hoping that Carle gets signed today, if not him or Suter (I expect Suter will be overpriced in the end), any other defenseman that we sign will be a consolation prize in my opinion. (Edit: actually Salvador or Garrison would be good day one signing too...)

After that, I'm just hoping to see upgrades at second line center, and a third/fourth line winger or two. Those aren't as likely to come day one, unless the players involved are agressively interested in joining the Ducks. It would be a nice thing to have happen after the whole Schultz thing if that were the case.

I'm hoping that Carle gets signed today, if not him or Suter (I expect Suter will be overpriced in the end), any other defenseman that we sign will be a consolation prize in my opinion.

After that, I'm just hoping to see upgrades at second line center, and a third/fourth line winger or two. Those aren't as likely to come day one, unless the players involved are agressively interested in joining the Ducks. It would be a nice thing to have happen after the whole Schultz thing if that were the case.

I've been quietly hoping we get Carle, but I just worry about overpayment.

I would like to see a nice good LW (penner anyone? lol)

Selanne...

And a top 2 D man....I think if we want a top D guy...we are gonna HAVE to over pay...unless we have a good incentive to bring him to So Cal....

Just heard on Tsn that the Red Wings have $25 million for free agents.

Watching Schultz talk about signing with Edmonton, sounds like a douche. ;)

Just heard on Tsn that the Red Wings have $25 million for free agents.

Watching Schultz talk about signing with Edmonton, sounds like a douche. ;)

So, we shouldn't be surprised if Detroit lands Suter? Especially after losing Lidstrom....and that they have Jimmy Howard as a goalie?

Edit: Oh wait! Hasek's coming back, right?!

I have no doubt Murray and the Samueli's are hard at work crafting a well constructed comment on why they didn't get anyone before the season starts!:D

I have no doubt Murray and the Samueli's are hard at work crafting a well constructed comment on why they didn't get anyone before the season starts!:D

Murray: "Oh crap! Was that today? Er, um, ahem, I mean... We didn't feel the right player was there for us at this time, we like this group and are confident in it, and they've earned the chance to garble garble garble".

So we're thirty minutes in... it's one thing for the Ducks to be silent early on... it's actually pretty interesting that the whole league's being pretty silent though. Maybe everyone is worried about overpaying?

edit: BTW... watching the stream on nhl.com... Bobby Ryan for Evander Kane and draft picks? ;)

So, we shouldn't be surprised if Detroit lands Suter? Especially after losing Lidstrom....and that they have Jimmy Howard as a goalie?

Edit: Oh wait! Hasek's coming back, right?!

Edit again: They have Jonas Gustavsson

Almost an hour in and nobody has started a "Fire Murray" thread!

It seems like Parise is holding back the trade flood gates. If he doesn't sign anywhere today, this could be a looooonnngg boring day.

The longer the big 3 wait, the higher their worth....if the Ducks make a move, it will be earlier for support rolls, unfortunately.

Maybe that's why Getz has been doing public appearances...he wants to make sure Murray knows he's gonna need some dough to stay pretty soon!:P

Almost an hour in and nobody has started a "Fire Murray" thread!

It seems like Parise is holding back the trade flood gates. If he doesn't sign anywhere today, this could be a looooonnngg boring day.

I'm willing to hold off on that until the day is over or until Suter is taken by a rival team.

On the free agent frenzy show, they are saying it may taken 26 to sign suter just for the first year, between signing bonuses, performance bonuses and salary.....Ducks can't afford that kind of deal.

On the free agent frenzy show, they are saying it may taken 26 to sign suter just for the first year, between signing bonuses, performance bonuses and salary.....Ducks can't afford that kind of deal.

If players are wanting more than 10 million in their first season... that would be the reason that there haven't been a whole lot of signings so far. (Edit: afterall, Columbus already has Wisniewski at 6 mil a year ha ha)

I don't mind if Suter takes his time, as it doesn't affect the Ducks. I do want Parise to pick where he's going soon though so that the Ducks can see what offers are out there for Bobby Ryan.

They're saying Suter and Parsie are looking to sign with the same team....The Wings and Blackhawks are front runners...maybe we can eat some of the crumbs from the rich mans table and grab a few leftovers.

They're saying Suter and Parsie are looking to sign with the same team....The Wings and Blackhawks are front runners...maybe we can eat some of the crumbs from the rich mans table and grab a few leftovers.

Not the Wild?

The Monster signs with Detroit. Only guy of note that has switched teams from what I have seen.

Did Moss switch?