The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1anaheim

The 1 July Thread

THREE YEARS!? WHAT?!!?!?

Come on! 3 years for a 35 year old defensemen who is injury prone!? Gotta be joking me.

THREE YEARS!? WHAT?!!?!?

Come on! 3 years for a 35 year old defensemen who is injury prone!? Gotta be joking me.

and the cap hit will count regardless (unless changes to the 35+ provision are changed).

+1 x 1,000

Too much money, too long a commitment. Ugh, hope for the best I guess.

Yeah I will reserve judgement until we seem him play next year. I learned that patience from this years draft!

THREE YEARS!? WHAT?!!?!?

Salo got similar, but for 2 years. And he is couple years older than Souray.

I'm really curious about Garrison's deal. They were speculating on TSN earlier today that he would get $5+ million.

I'd give Murray some slack on this... I would bet other teams in the Western Conference aren't happy with Souray, Allen and Staubitz joining the Ducks..

Good grief....3 years....I hope he can stay healthy for us!

Three years seems long, but the price is more than reasonable given what defenseman seem to go for these days. I too hope he stays healthy and happy the next three seasons (I assume you don't sign free agents and then immediately make them a part of a trade package?).

Murray's picked the defensemen he wants to use next season, (we have eight different guys for six spots now, right?). Next is figuring out what mix of rookies, free agents and trade acquisitions will be filling out the forward lines.

I'd give Murray some slack on this... I would bet other teams in the Western Conference aren't happy with Souray, Allen and Staubitz joining the Ducks..

Good point, we just got allot more prickly..

So is Lydman or Vatanen out? Thoughts? Probably depends on vatanens camp?

With Souray, Lydman and Allen making over 3 million, don't expect them to be sitting out.

So is Lydman or Vatanen out? Thoughts? Probably depends on vatanens camp?

I think Vatanen needs at least 1 year in the AHL.

If we stay with Lydman, we have him and two other shotblockers on the D.

Souray is now the Ducks highest paid defensemen coming in at 3.6 mill cap hit.

With Souray, Lydman and Allen making over 3 million, don't expect them to be sitting out.

Im just wondering if it makes sense to move lydman and get a years experience under the kids belt. Not like were winning the cup next year.

Three years seems long, but the price is more than reasonable given what defenseman seem to go for these days. I too hope he stays healthy and happy the next three seasons (I assume you don't sign free agents and then immediately make them a part of a trade package?).

Murray's picked the defensemen he wants to use next season, (we have eight different guys for six spots now, right?). Next is figuring out what mix of rookies, free agents and trade acquisitions will be filling out the forward lines.

I understand, it's just that from what I remember of him, I don't think he's played a full season for anyone...I'm worried about his staying healthy & pushing it for 3 years seems risky....but we'll find out soon enough. :)

Beauchemin is also over 3 million. Fowler and Sbisa aren't moving either. If Clark or Vataneen is joining the roster, it'll only be because Lydman or Beauchemin have been moved I would guess.

per capgeek, Souray $3,666,667 cap hit, not bad at all in my opinion as long as he stays healthy. He'll get paid $4mil first season, then $3.5mil after.

It's a fine price to pay for a big, gritty, veteran presence. The Ducks team have gotten very big from just TODAY. The good news is there should be more to come, especially with Bobby Ryan's trade and possibly other FA signings.

You've got to build from Defense and up. Better defense leads to less shots on Hiller, leads to better offense, which ultimately hopefully lead to a much better win/loss record.

I agree yet we know they wont go over 5 years.

Good point, and Garrison is a BC boy.

I'm a little worried about the overall skill level of our D. I don't want to assume the worst here, but I think we need another skill element that's still missing without Lubo.

Im just wondering if it makes sense to move lydman and get a years experience under the kids belt. Not like were winning the cup next year.

I think it's entirely possible one of the D will get bundled in a trade package so a youngster can get some minutes. But hard to say, maybe the Ducks mean business and got tired of shaky defense from last season. So maybe they want to stop playing around and chance at a young guy for a change.

Ducks need a Left winger...anyone have feeling we may see a trade coming?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Parise is still out there... :P