The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1anaheim

The 1 July Thread

Looks like George has a replacement. :(

I don't know: 6'1" and 224 lbs versus Parros' size? He better be able to play or be trained in cage fighting since he's going to come up against some much larger fighters if that is to be his role. :unsure:

We signed 3 D-men today...

Allen, Souray, and Hendry...

...D will hopefully not be an issue anymore...hopefully...

I don't know: 6'1" and 224 lbs versus Parros' size? He better be able to play or be trained in cage fighting since he's going to come up against some much larger fighters if that is to be his role. :unsure:

Maybe he's more of an Ott or Karpa or Tootoo type. Meant to be annoying more than intimidating.

Another D-man makes it seem unlikely that Bobby will be going to the Avs for D prospects. .

With all Murray just added to the back end, along with Clark, Vatanen, Lindholm, and even younger prospects yet to hit the AHL, I seriously doubt it. I'd imagine Stastny is more than likely a candidate to be part of any package.

Maybe he's more of an Ott or Karpa or Tootoo type. Meant to be annoying more than intimidating.

No he definitely drops the gloves, they say he can handle heavyweights pretty well for his size.

One things for sure...this is the most active July 1 the Ducks have had since the lock out. Only July 1 signing I can remember was Perry signing his exsention on the 1st to avoid tagging issues.

Wow, when is the last time the Ducks were SO active on July 1st? Pretty nice signings :).

Any word on Selanne already? (just came in jumping on this thread, so I missed the last couple of hours of news).

I dont like the 3 years, would of rather had a 1 year deal. Looks like were beefing up for next year. George Laraque anyone?

Also we need some more offense.

Speaking of which, I would love if we can get Perry and Getzlaf signed to long-term contracts as well so we can just not have to worry about it next year and end up like Nashville in losing both Weber and Suter...

Speaking of which, I would love if we can get Perry and Getzlaf signed to long-term contracts as well so we can just not have to worry about it next year and end up like Nashville in losing both Weber and Suter...

+1

Yeah, that would be great.

"Getzlaf love" ...not used to seeing this! At least not without people going for your head.

So...are we all ready to give him another chance? And we want him to stay? Yay!! :)

"Getzlaf love" ...not used to seeing this! At least not without people going for your head.

So...are we all ready to give him another chance? And we want him to stay? Yay!! :)

I'd like to see what he can do under a full year of Boudreau. But if it's just a repeat of last year, then I think he should be moved.

Im giving him another year before I jump on the trade Getzlaf bandwagon..everyone played bad last year so if that is the measuring stick trade everyone.

Except Teemu cuz he never plays bad, Just less good sometimes. ;)

Now we can only hope that we sign F that is good now and not "was good"-type of player.

Im speaking of players like these who we had...

Brendan Morrison, Jason Blake, Erick Christensen, Doug Weight

McKenzie mentioned that Garrison "Left money on the table" in order to sign with his hometown Canucks. Any other team was paying a higher premium.

Also:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

"For those asking, I was told Sheldon Brookbank's deal in CHI is 2 years at $1.25M per year."

That sounds a little better.

McKenzie mentioned that Garrison "Left money on the table" in order to sign with his hometown Canucks. Any other team was paying a higher premium.

Also:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

"For those asking, I was told Sheldon Brookbank's deal in CHI is 2 years at $1.25M per year."

That sounds a little better.

I read that as Sheldon Souray and got super excited. Total let down.

Well, Murray ultimately exceeded my expectations today. Nice job! Now we wait to see what happens Monday and Tuesday. NHL Live thought that the trading would be very active. I bet Parise signs with with Pittsburgh and plays with his buddy, Syd. Nash, not sure but I do know that none of these guys are worth the money they are gonna make. Incredible!

Just thought I'd mention this.. The folks over at Anaheim Calling are in the process of creating a petition to get Barstool sacked.. Not sure how I feel about that but for the time being, I'll just be indifferent to the issue.