The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1anaheim

The 1 July Thread

I'd take Perry over Parise, if I can only have one or the other. Perry's never had to try to glove a puck into the net, because he's never had trouble doing so with a stick ha ha. The difference between the players is almost insignificant; two hard-working, competitive, talented wingers. I just think Perry is just a smidgeon more of a 'winner' than Parise is.

^I agree. I would take Perry over Parise, but not by much. Parise was disappointing in the playoffs IMO, but Perry is a big game player.

The deals aren't cap space killers. A $7.5 million hit for each is a good cap number now that the cap is over $70 million. We were giving Scotty and Pronger $6.5 million each when the cap was $45 million.

The Wild will theoretically be hurting in 2024 when they're paying the old geezers $1 million but with a same $7.5 million cap hit. But now that there are so many teams giving out these cap circumvention deals - I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if a future CBA allows them all to weasel out of the contracts before they're finished.

The returns from Suter and Parise will likely be diminished before the contracts are even half over... and they'll still have the 7.5 million cap hit. If contracts and caps keep inflating, sure, the contracts are no problem. But contracts and caps can't keep inflating in the current economy, so these contracts are going to be a problem for the Wild in the long run. In the short term they're strong at forward and goalie, only average at the blueline besides Suter.

I'd pick Perry because I like his style better, he's a true powerforward, he's contributing to offense even when he's not scoring. Players like him are very hard to find in the league. Of course Parise is smaller, but also faster and plays a more responsible 2-way game. But having to pick one or the other, I'd pick Perry as he's rare to find.

Ideally, a dream match would be those 2 playing wings together as they would light up the lamps like no tomorrow. Along with Getz and his dominant physical plays and great passes, it'd be truly unstoppable.

I firmly believe that Parise is a better all around player than Perry is.

It started out to be that way, but Perry developed much more, than Parise did, compared to where they began their career. While Parise is a good leader, I believe Perry is as well, with deeds however, more so, than words. Perry was capable to be an MVP, I don't know if Parise is.

Given all the little things included, I think Perry is a better player. They are like really good and great, or great and greater.

Murray isn't signing free agents to those type of contracts. There is no reason to believe a core player for the Duck's won't get that type of contract.

I think Perry has a much better claim to such a long term contract at this point, than Getzlaf does. If Getzlaf is to act like a leader, he'll prove first (again//at least with a good start) his worthy and make his demands after.

I also think that they will be able to make a compromise and settle things with 6-7 year contracts in the 7-7.5M per range. They also should have one eye on the team, future and cap as well, e.g. a Cam Fowler contract extension.

Murray isn't signing free agents to those type of contracts. There is no reason to believe a core player for the Duck's won't get that type of contract. And Perry is not better than Parise.

Yes he is... bigger, stronger, younger and a natural goal scorer. Parise is more of a leader and has more speed, but I strongly believe most teams would take a proven 50 goal scorer over a skilled speedster.

Yes he is... bigger, stronger, younger and a natural goal scorer. Parise is more of a leader and has more speed, but I strongly believe most teams would take a proven 50 goal scorer over a skilled speedster.

I absolutely love Perry. But his name is being thrown around as the next Cheechoo. Oddly enough, both scored 37 goals coming off a 50 goal season. Of course that comes from fans and bloggers who would love nothing more than to put down Perry and the Ducks.

I'm not sure Perry will reach 50 again. But I do expect consistent 35+ goals for years to come. With a few hitting 40-45 area. And not stuck in the minors 4 years removed from his 50 goal season.