The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1anaheim

The 1 July Thread

Haven't watched much of Staubitz, hopefully he can play a little hockey too.

So far it looks like everyone's just working on their 4th lines today.

He has been a career minus player two evens in San Jose, and only gets a handful of points a year. 1 in 65 last year.

Probably will be a cheaper option as well. Didn't George make something around $1 million last year?

it was 875K and unless I missed it George hasn't signed anywhere yet.

They talked about Staubitz a little when talking about Armstrong. Sounds like he is a character guy for the locker room. They said he was popular last year.

I hesitate to post this because in the past, I was told I was wrong, but anyway. Here it goes. Since I have started watching the Ducks (4 years or so), Murray hasn't done much IMO. I mean, it seems like whenever we get a player, I have to go to Wikepedia to find out, not only who they are, but what have they done. Usually, the answer is the same, not much.

Come on Carlyle. No guts, no glory. I have to tell you, with Parros gone, not 100% sure Teemu will be back and Bobby possibly traded, he better figure out what is going to get butts in the seats.

Now, I know not much will probably happen yet today, but boy in my brief experience, his transactions have been anemic. It is like we are on the outside looking in all the time.

Boo! Let's get cracking.

I hesitate to post this because in the past, I was told I was wrong, but anyway. Here it goes. Since I have started watching the Ducks (4 years or so), Murray hasn't done much IMO. I mean, it seems like whenever we get a player, I have to go to Wikepedia to find out, not only who they are, but what have they done. Usually, the answer is the same, not much.

Come on Carlyle. No guts, no glory. I have to tell you, with Parros gone, not 100% sure Teemu will be back and Bobby possibly traded, he better figure out what is going to get butts in the seats.

Now, I know not much will probably happen yet today, but boy in my brief experience, his transactions have been anemic. It is like we are on the outside looking in all the time.

Boo! Let's get cracking.

Did you say Carlyle??? Eeesh..

Unfortunately, I think the only way Murray gets these well known FA's is to overpay. Then of course, if he does, everyone will complain about overpaying for players. I'd prefer he not overpay and just try to field a winning team. A winning team will get butts in the seats.

Boo! Let's get cracking.

Yes you right about Murray not being aggressive during FA. I think his biggest signing would be Koivu to date. He will make more signings, but probably won't happen for a few weeks, unless he feels he is getting a deal or a player takes a discount cause they really want to be here.

Now they're talking on TSN about Jason Garrison getting $5+ million a year. I'd love to see the guy come here, but I wonder if Murray would go that high.

Now they're talking on TSN about Jason Garrison getting $5+ million a year. I'd love to see the guy come here, but I wonder if Murray would go that high.

No way Murray is giving someone Getz/Perry money unless its Suter or Parise.

This is the trade deadline all over again. The supply doesn't match the demand, driving the prices to the point of ridiculous. The new CBA needs to put salaries and the salary cap back in line so smaller markets can compete. When 4-5th D-men are getting $5MM+, and every young player is getting decade long 2nd contracts, there's a glaring issue. End rant.

This is the trade deadline all over again. The supply doesn't match the demand, driving the prices to the point of ridiculous. The new CBA needs to put salaries and the salary cap back in line so smaller markets can compete. When 4-5th D-men are getting $5MM+, and every young player is getting decade long 2nd contracts, there's a glaring issue. End rant.

+1

@icemancometh: No confirmation but #NHLDucks are believed to be strongly in on D Sheldon Souray.

Oh boy....

@icemancometh: No confirmation but #NHLDucks are believed to be strongly in on D Sheldon Souray.

Oh boy....

We don't need him for his #'s as much as for his grit...we are desperately in need of grit. I'd take him.

Penner re-signs with LA

Man Im glad..He is probably brushing powder doughnut crumbs off his belly to get up and cheer right now. They can have him.

Man Im glad..He is probably brushing powder doughnut crumbs off his belly to get up and cheer right now. They can have him.

LMFAO

Oh boy....

Why Murray Why????

Does Souray still have his shot though?

Why Murray Why????

Does Souray still have his shot though?

I dont mind Souray for a decent price, but that isn't happening.