The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1anaheim

The 1 July Thread

I don't think he's in on Suter or Parise. I've read some tweets from some of the TSN guys and Ecklund (don't judge me) that the contract offers and demands are getting a tad ridiculous. Something about Sutter wanting around $24 million over the first 2 years.

Wow. And they havent won a cup! I wonder how much Niedermayer would get if he still played? :)

Maybe Bob can remind Parise that when we last sign a big name from the Devils, we won the cup!

Just wanted to say, Florida's looking like it's going to be a pretty strong team in the east next season... at least on paper anyways, you never know for sure what will happen when the puck drops.

I don't think he's in on Suter or Parise. I've read some tweets from some of the TSN guys and Ecklund (don't judge me) that the contract offers and demands are getting a tad ridiculous. Something about Sutter wanting around $24 million over the first 2 years.

He want a $12 mil signing bonus this year and next year. That is where the $24 Mil comes from

He want a $12 mil signing bonus this year and next year. That is where the $24 Mil comes from

I wonder if pricing himself too high will hurt Mr. Suter in the end. He's no Steve Wisniewski. (Yes, I'm still trying to get a laugh on that one)

I wonder if pricing himself too high will hurt Mr. Sutter in the end. He's no Steve Wisniewski. (Yes, I'm still trying to get a laugh on that one)

That's an INSANE increase! ...I mean...wow...I mean...are people forgetting this guy was playing with Weber? ...and now...he wont? And even with Weber...they weren't the best D in the league? And also didn't win a Cup...with Weber, Rinne, and Sutter...

Beauchemin looked a lot better playing with Scotty than when he wasn't....

That is no way an attack of Beauch just to clairfy

Do you think waiting on Selanne is a factor?

I personally don't think so. I think Bob already knows what's happening with Selanne...just 'cause we don't...and just 'cause there hasn't been a signing official...doesn't mean he doesn't know...I'm sure Teemu already made it, Bob knows, and is acting accordingly not worrying about what Selanne is doing...

You can be sure Murray already knows Teemu's answer. It would be very unlike T to let July 1st come and go and string Bob out like that, I'm sure they're just working out the details. Or, Murray didn't get the answer he wanted, and is holding out hope T will change his mind (OK, don't shoot me, just throwing it out there.)

Are people really that surprised Suter is commanding stupid high payment? This has been the problem in going after him all along. And this is a guy going to teams he wants to plant roots, still offering no discount. What would it cost to bring him somewhere like Anaheim? No thanks. Other options out there, or in the future.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

#NHL. Starting to hear Suter has picked #Redwings as his destination. More to come.....

It would be insane if Weber goes to Detroit next summer too.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

#NHL. Starting to hear Suter has picked #Redwings as his destination. More to come.....

Oh Man dont say that

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

Can we call it now? Suter and Weber reunited in Detroit in 2013?

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

Oh man! Could you imagine that? Weber, Suter, and a potential Gustavsson starting to actually be a "monster" ??? And then add in their offense they already have....geez....

Oh man! Could you imagine that? Weber, Suter, and a potential Gustavsson starting to actually be a "monster" ??? And then add in their offense they already have....geez....

IMO I think Gustavsson is overrated.

Whoa Whoa settle down fellas you Ducks Fans remember? BOY I hear that vatanan kid is something else heh?

Whoa Whoa settle down fellas you Ducks Fans remember? BOY I hear that vatanan kid is something else heh?

Haha...yeah! Go Ducks! Woo!!

...makes it even sweeter when we still beat them :)

Pierre Lebrun just tweeted that Suter's agent said he has not decided on a team. And I'm still curious to see how Suter fairs without Weber. It would seem, assuming he goes, Suter would be viewed as Lidstrom's replacement. That's a hell of a lot of pressure.

I feel for Nashville, losing Suter to free agencey, then possibly losing Weber next year. Those are some huge holes to fill, and not easily accomplished as we can attest to.

Pierre Lebrun just tweeted that Suter's agent said he has not decided on a team. And I'm still curious to see how Suter fairs without Weber. It would seem, assuming he goes, Suter would be viewed as Lidstrom's replacement. That's a hell of a lot of pressure.

Exactly! I mean, there are certain players, that when you lose them...it's tough to recover... Patrick Roy....Gretzky...Lemiux....Scott Niedermayer...Lidstrom is gonna be another one too...and Selanne will be as well :(

"Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Agent Neil Sheehy says Ryan Suter has not made a decision yet."

Yeah....and then we'll see 5 minutes later:

"Suter made a decision...and it's Detroit." lol

...can we start a rumor that he's thinking about Anaheim for $4mil? :) :) :)

2012-2013

Kings Stanley Cup team intact.

Red Wings added needed pieces.

Ducks? Happy to be living in sunny Newport Beach.

Kinda unfair to compare these big market teams to small market teams. I feel sorry for small market teams because these big name players will never pick small market teams. I don't even know why people are surprised it's the big market teams flashing the greens.