The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anaheimducks25

The Bobby Ryan Thread

I thought he was more mature and had more character than this. Whatever the truth is behind the curtain, these comments are incredibly unprofessional. He was my favorite player on and off the ice. Now I'd rather see him whine on another team.

Bobby is paid very well for what he does. That is a sign of faith and respect.

The quote about him taking things personally says it all.

I'm very dissapointed.

That's a bingo.

I would also be piddleed if my manager kept throwing me out to the wolves without appreciating how he has put up with being tossed around on all the lines and still put up 30 goals in spite of it each season.

Anaheim selected him #2 overall. Developed him into the player he is today. Stood firm on a 5 year deal when Ryan wanted a shorter one. Is paying him a very handsome salary.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

The Ducks have done more for Bobby Ryan than almost any other player on the roster not named Teemu Selanne and it's still not enough. How can you defend Ryan after what he mouthed off today? He's totally screwed the Ducks.

How about how Murray chose Bobby over Carlyle, then told Bobby personally that he was off the market? What the hell does Bobby want Murray to do? Not listen to offers, even if he is not actively shopping him? To me, Bobby simply comes across as ungrateful with this sense of entitlement. Part of being a player in the NHL is dealing with trade rumors. Get over it.

"I'm ready to be traded, preferably to the Flyers" - Bobby Ryan

I don't care how frustrated you are, you don't screw over your own team and teammates by making a statement like that. Maybe Bobby Ryan should have talked to Murray before mouthing off...

While I agree that Ryan should have talked to Murray, quotes often lack context. Sure it sounds bad, I do not dispute that. However, Ryan's from Jersey, he grew up a Flyers fan, and the Flyers are the team that he has been most linked too. Why would he not say just trade me there already?

I would also be piddleed if my manager kept throwing me out to the wolves without appreciating how he has put up with being tossed around on all the lines and still put up 30 goals in spite of it each season.

I don't know how Murray is throwing Ryan to the Wolves. I have not seen a rumor saying that Murray is actively shopping Ryan, only that Murray is listening to offers. I would think worse of Murray if he wasn't listening to offers and not actively trying to improve the team.

Murray said he will have a face to face with Bobby after the draft to clear the air and that Bobby or his team has not asked for a trade.

How exactly is he being thrown to the wolves? I think Murray would not be doing his job properly if he didn't listen to offers for Bobby if they are coming in. The team should come first, not the feelings of a player who is already getting $5MM a year to play a game.

While I agree that Ryan should have talked to Murray, quotes often lack context. Sure it sounds bad, I do not dispute that. However, Ryan's from Jersey, he grew up a Flyers fan, and the Flyers are the team that he has been most linked too. Why would he not say just trade me there already?

Because it hurts Anaheim's ability to receive more in a trade. When a team knows that a player wants to be traded to their team, they're going to offer less to the team trading the player. Ryan has hurt his own trade value and in the process the Anaheim organization by making that statement.

How exactly is he being thrown to the wolves? I think Murray would not be doing his job properly if he didn't listen to offers for Bobby if they are coming in. The team should come first, not the feelings of a player who is already getting $5MM a year to play a game.

We posted the same thing at almost the same time. I agree 100%.

Disregarding Bobby's one sided interview where have you read that Murray is "throwing him out to the wolves?" Last season sure he may have been actively shopping him but I bet there were about 15 other players he was shopping too. It has been stated by credible sources that Murray isnt shopping Bobby just willing to listen, which quite frankly is his job.

Because it hurts Anaheim's ability to receive more in a trade. When a team knows that a player wants to be traded to their team, they're going to offer less to the team trading the player. Ryan has hurt his own trade value and in the process the Anaheim organization by making that statement.

Fair enough. I don't want him traded so, I am not to concerned with his trade value but I see your point.

Murray said he will have a face to face with Bobby after the draft to clear the air and that Bobby or his team has not asked for a trade.

Maybe not officially, but....

"I'm ready to be traded, preferably to the Flyers" ~ Bobby Ryan

I don't know how anyone can defend that statement.

I have no idea what Courier Post Online is. Is this actually a reliable source? I'm surprised that I haven't seen these comments reported on TSN if true.

I have no idea what Courier Post Online is. Is this actually a reliable source? I'm surprised that I haven't seen these comments reported on TSN if true.

Looks like the Online version of a Cherry Hill Newspaper.

How about how Murray chose Bobby over Carlyle, then told Bobby personally that he was off the market? What the hell does Bobby want Murray to do? Not listen to offers, even if he is not actively shopping him? To me, Bobby simply comes across as ungrateful with this sense of entitlement. Part of being a player in the NHL is dealing with trade rumors. Get over it.

That's a bingo, thanks for adding that little tidbit.

"Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately." - Bobby Ryan

Nothing? Murray insisted on a 5 year deal when Ryan wanted a shorter 2-3 year contract. Out of context? The only kind of player who talks like that is a player who wants out. Anaheim has been kissing his butt since they drafted him and he's still not happy.

Good point. That's the real dig. If Bobby wanted to be traded he just hurt his own chances. This is a mess now, hopefully we either get a great haul for him (although Staal being gone to Carolina ruins my X-mas in June), or Bob/Bobby can smooth this out and move forward on better terms.

Disregarding Bobby's one sided interview where have you read that Murray is "throwing him out to the wolves?" Last season sure he may have been actively shopping him but I bet there were about 15 other players he was shopping too. It has been stated by credible sources that Murray isnt shopping Bobby just willing to listen, which quite frankly is his job.

For every time Bobby was rumored to be on the block, so was Getzlaf, just nobody gave that much stock.

I don't think Bobby's innocent here, but I don't agree with the way things look on the surface. Bob needs to resolve this, and quickly.

It would be hilarious if it is a post and website by the same guy who keeps throwing it everywhere on this board

It would be hilarious if it is a post and website by the same guy who keeps throwing it everywhere on this board

LOL. I assume it is legit and has not been exaggerated, but I'm also surprised the story has not been picked up by TSN.

For every time Bobby was rumored to be on the block, so was Getzlaf, just nobody gave that much stock.

I don't think Bobby's innocent here, but I don't agree with the way things look on the surface. Bob needs to resolve this, and quickly.

Agreed, something is off about all of it.

Considering he's directly quoting Bobby, it should be legit. Or someones going to be dealing with a libel lawsuit.

Looks like the Online version of a Cherry Hill Newspaper.

OC Register and the LA TImes are running with similar stories now.

No its a major paper in south jersey/philadelphia. Flyers beat writer and is directly quoting Bobby. I got the link from OC Writer.. Eric Stephens, who said Ducks GM hasn't been pleased with Bobby's comments

Reeks of mismanagement. Saw THIS coming a mile away, as did many/most of us here.

Please itemize the mismanagement of Bobby Ryan... did they just not kiss his butt enough?