The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anaheimducks25

The Bobby Ryan Thread

No its a major paper in south jersey/philadelphia. Flyers beat writer and is directly quoting Bobby. I got the link from OC Writer.. Eric Stephens, who said Ducks GM hasn't been pleased with Bobby's comments

I'm not pleased with Bobby's comments either.

This sucks but I don't blame him. Always the odd man out. No matter who you are, something like this will get to you at some point and it will affect your performance on the ice, if you constantly think that no matter what you do it won't matter.

I will miss watching him in a Ducks uniform very much. One of my favorite players.

This sucks but I don't blame him. Always the odd man out. No matter who you are, something like this will get to you at some point and it will affect your performance on the ice, if you constantly think that no matter what you do it won't matter.

I will miss watching him in a Ducks uniform very much. One of my favorite players.

Just curious. How was he the odd man out?

Always being shopped around I meant.

He isn't being shopped though. Everything has said teams are showing interest in Bobby, not that Murray is shopping Bobby.

Hey Bobby. I don't know if you are going to read this or if this will be for just the fans. I know a lot of NHL players like to be involved in social media, and so I would not be surprised if Bobby was. Lets just say that he is, and that he reads this. Here is what I would say:

Bobby. I am a Ducks fan, and I am a Bobby Ryan fan. Please re-think how you feel about the Ducks right now. I don't know if you've seen the Godfather movies, but there is a famous quote in one of them, "It isn't personal. Its just business." I'd like you first to know that Brian Murray's telling the media that he is open to hearing trade offers, some including you and others, is not personal. It is just the business part of hockey. Look-even Wayne Gretsky got traded! I don't want to see you traded. But just like the general manager who traded Gretsky, every general manager's job is to be open to trade any player on their roster, if it will make the team better. Who knows. Maybe one day you'll be a general manager and then you'll see how it all works. Brian Murray is just doing his job. He was a player in the NHL. He knows how it feels to want job security. But he also knows why he was hired.

I want you to also know that the fans are behind you 100 percent. You might have an odd ball here and there, who says they want you traded. But there are always oddballs. There were oddballs who insisted that the earth was flat. The point is that you are definitely wanted by the fans here. How many players score at least 30 goals in their first 4 NHL seasons? Neither Getzlaf or Perry did that. Bobby-you have potential to be a 50-goal scorer for the Ducks. Imagine how many more goals you will score in a year or two when Selanne retires, and you play on the top powerplay unit. Please have a meeting with Brian Murray and let him know this was all a misunderstanding. We need you here. And your teammates want you here. Fight for us for years to come, because we're all fighting for you.

Anaheim selected him #2 overall. Developed him into the player he is today. Stood firm on a 5 year deal when Ryan wanted a shorter one.

Do you know why he wanted a shorter deal?

I support Bobby for wanting to get traded, not that I want him gone, but if I were him I would want

to be on a team who isn't going to get rid of me if things go south.

and........................

To all you people saying Bobby isn't available.

Here's your source that he is available.

"Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure."

Its know its just semantics but I for one isnt saying he isnt available, Im saying BM hasn't been shopping him.

Like that Bob McKenzie tweet, later that same day he wrote something on TSN saying the Ducks werent actively shopping Ryan but they were listening and he could be traded if the right offer presented itself.

I support Bobby for wanting to get traded, not that I want him gone, but if I were him I would want

to be on a team who isn't going to get rid of me if things go south.

and........................

To all you people saying Bobby isn't available.

Here's your source that he is available.

"Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure."

I don't think anyone is saying Ryan isn't available, people are saying that he isn't actively being shopped around the league. I think just about every player on the roster is available for the right price.

I agree. Bobby has done enough to earn the respect to know he will be in CA a long time. He has nothing left to prove.

There are few players that wouldn't be available on a team in the devopment stages of the Ducks.

I cant remember reading words like this from any hockey player ever.

Still, I would welcome him back if he dealt with it in a satisfactory manner for himself and the team. There have been hardships and people make mistakes and react a bit

more emotionally than preferred. I understand that.

But that interview is shockingly immature, and I wanted so badly to read it as a nothing story taken out of context.

If I were BM, I keep Bobby until the trade deadline. If I were really the hot headed Irishman who traded Wiz to the Isladers, I send Bobby to Edm.

But I really hope there's an amicable resolution.

Ps They gave him number 9!!!!! Anyone claiming poor treatment should shut their mouths.

There are few players that wouldn't be available on a team in the devopment stages of the Ducks.

I cant remember reading words like this from any hockey player ever.

Still, I would welcome him back if he dealt with it in a satisfactory manner for himself and the team. There have been hardships and people make mistakes and react a bit

more emotionally than preferred. I understand that.

But that interview is shockingly immature, and I wanted so badly to read it as a nothing story taken out of context.

If I were BM, I keep Bobby until the trade deadline. If I were really the hot headed Irishman who traded Wiz to the Isladers, I send Bobby to Edm.

But I really hope there's an amicable resolution.

Ps They gave him number 9!!!!! Anyone claiming poor treatment should shut their mouths.

Agree 100%

Schultz and now Bobby...

Too close too soon. Anaheim might need to hire a life coach or something...

Brian Murray has no right to trade Bobby Ryan, none!

Trade Spezza the bum!

Brian Murray has no right to trade Bobby Ryan, none!

LOL I know, let him deal with his own team (Senators)

Bob. Brian. Gretsky. Gretzky. Whatever. Nice post anyway, duck123. I hope they can patch things up.

Bob. Brian. Gretsky. Gretzky. Whatever. Nice post anyway, duck123. I hope they can patch things up.

Don't forget, Getslaf. Getzlaf.

Don't forget, Getslaf. Getzlaf.

Ha-ha. Meant Bob Murray and Gretzky. And hopefully GetZlaf won't be traded any time soon. :D

I feel bad for Ryan, I don't blame him at all for being mad. I also don't think his anger was towards his team rather management

I agree. Bobby's isn't expressing anger towards the team. Now Hiller, he expressed anger towards the team! And yet somehow he was accepted back into the locker room just fine.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Bobby's teammates cared about this at all. This is between him and management and they all understand there is a business side of things that can get ugly. If Bobby's relationship with the other guys in the room was fine before this, it'll be fine after this.

I don't know many fans who want him traded. Most of us just want the team to stop saying he could be traded.

Just like how they never mention Perry or Fowler.

They never mention Fowler or Perry by name... no they don't... but Fowler and Perry don't go around saying they want to be traded. Murray has said, quite publicly that nobody is safe except Selanne and Koivu. How many players said they wanted to be traded since that statement? ONE - BOBBY RYAN. Currently, Murray's only said he's willing to listen to all offers - and frankly, that's his job.

As far as people wanting him to be traded? I didn't want him traded until he alienated himself from the organization, his teammates, and the fans by saying he'd like to be traded to the Flyers.

He just wrote his own ticket out of Anaheim. How does the team keep him after that? How does anyone defend that statement?

It's like an employee who tells his boss he's not happy and doesn't want to work there anymore. Do you think the boss is going to invest any more time into this employee? Trust him? Depend on him?

They never mention Fowler or Perry by name... no they don't... but Fowler and Perry don't go around saying they want to be traded. Murray has said, quite publicly that nobody is safe except Selanne and Koivu. How many players said they wanted to be traded since that statement? ONE - BOBBY RYAN. Currently, Murray's only said he's willing to listen to all offers - and frankly, that's his job.

As far as people wanting him to be traded? I didn't want him traded until he alienated himself from the organization, his teammates, and the fans by saying he'd like to be traded to the Flyers.

He just wrote his own ticket out of Anaheim. How does the team keep him after that? How does anyone defend that statement?

It's like an employee who tells his boss he's not happy and doesn't want to work there anymore. Do you think the boss is going to invest any more time into this employee? Trust him? Depend on him?

It's funny because I was trying to spin his comments about his open attitude of being traded before Carlyle left in a positive way. Ryan's later comments about forming his own line was a major struggle for me to accept in a positive light but somehow I ended up believing that all he wanted was to improve Anaheim's depth (team first type of guy). I'm with you that Ryan has alienated himself from the organization. I feel no sympathy for Ryan and even feel a dislike for him. The hopeful in me still thinks things can get patched up but the realist says otherwise and will soon see him shipped off to Philly or whoever were the three other teams throwing serious offers at Murray.