The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anaheimducks25

The Bobby Ryan Thread

The Ducks organisation was able to move past the first arbitration hearing with Wisniewski...if not the second. I'm sure that if Bobby stays with the Ducks, there won't be any hard feelings on the organisation's side. The rest is up to Bobby. In the end, I don't think Bobby's received the kind of accolades you think he would, only Perry and Selanne have been more consistent contributors on offense,

and maybe in the end, it all goes back to the Cup still... and the temporary retirements of Selanne and Neidermayer, the trading of Andy McDonald to make cap room for Schneider and Bertuzzi, and the ensuing pursuit for a second line center to fill the hole. If the Ducks had that second line center to play with Bobby, does the organisation really find itself in the position of even having to consider trading Bobby? Not likely.

In the end, I understand why Bobby's being dangled out there, and I understand Bobby not liking the uncertainty. In the end, BM's going to do what works best for the organisation, and it doesn't mean BM blames Bobby for the last season... it just means Bobby's the piece that nets the best return at the moment.

Hmmm,didn't even get the photo right....

lol... spot on +1

I didn't even notice that. Normally I look at the name of the author, read the article, and then look around the web page but I skipped the last step since I was looking up as much info on the draft as possible. Good job on that error.

There are few players that wouldn't be available on a team in the devopment stages of the Ducks.

I cant remember reading words like this from any hockey player ever.

Still, I would welcome him back if he dealt with it in a satisfactory manner for himself and the team. There have been hardships and people make mistakes and react a bit

more emotionally than preferred. I understand that.

But that interview is shockingly immature, and I wanted so badly to read it as a nothing story taken out of context.

If I were BM, I keep Bobby until the trade deadline. If I were really the hot headed Irishman who traded Wiz to the Isladers, I send Bobby to Edm.

But I really hope there's an amicable resolution.

Ps They gave him number 9!!!!! Anyone claiming poor treatment should shut their mouths.

Unfortunately Bobby comes across as a prima donna having a little hissy fit. I would suspect that is the way his season goes - if he gets upset at the smallest of things, he pouts. I am a Bobby fan but this little rant bothers me. Maybe it is time to trade him IF we can get good value for him. IMHO

They never mention Fowler or Perry by name... no they don't... but Fowler and Perry don't go around saying they want to be traded. Murray has said, quite publicly that nobody is safe except Selanne and Koivu. How many players said they wanted to be traded since that statement? ONE - BOBBY RYAN. Currently, Murray's only said he's willing to listen to all offers - and frankly, that's his job.

As far as people wanting him to be traded? I didn't want him traded until he alienated himself from the organization, his teammates, and the fans by saying he'd like to be traded to the Flyers.

He just wrote his own ticket out of Anaheim. How does the team keep him after that? How does anyone defend that statement?

It's like an employee who tells his boss he's not happy and doesn't want to work there anymore. Do you think the boss is going to invest any more time into this employee? Trust him? Depend on him?

If he isn't traded ( and I would suggest the JETS or EDM, not Philly ) what do you think the chances are of resigning him after his contract runs out. How about ZERO !!!

PS the JETS or EDM would be a punishment - no surfing in those towns. a former NHL player said in Winnipeg you can watch your dog run away for two days B)

If he isn't traded ( and I would suggest the JETS or EDM, not Philly ) what do you think the chances are of resigning him after his contract runs out. How about ZERO !!!

PS the JETS or EDM would be a punishment - no surfing in those towns. a former NHL player said in Winnipeg you can watch your dog run away for two days B)

LMAO!

Trade him where we get the best return.

I love it.. people starting to turn on another #9. Maybe the grudge against the old one will finally lose some steam. As far as I'm concerned dump the whiny little kid wherever you get the best value for him. I personally don't feel sorry for a kid that is playing every game and making 5 million a year. I would love to see him sent to a Canadian team where he would get scrutinized for every little mistake and every little slump. No room on a team for a player that doesn't want to be there.

I love it.. people starting to turn on another #9. Maybe the grudge against the old one will finally lose some steam. As far as I'm concerned dump the whiny little kid wherever you get the best value for him. I personally don't feel sorry for a kid that is playing every game and making 5 million a year. I would love to see him sent to a Canadian team where he would get scrutinized for every little mistake and every little slump. No room on a team for a player that doesn't want to be there.

I don't think Ryan doesn't want to be here. He is just overreacting on medias speculations.

Anaheim selected him #2 overall. Developed him into the player he is today. Stood firm on a 5 year deal when Ryan wanted a shorter one. Is paying him a very handsome salary.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

The Ducks have done more for Bobby Ryan than almost any other player on the roster not named Teemu Selanne and it's still not enough. How can you defend Ryan after what he mouthed off today? He's totally screwed the Ducks.

It is not very often that I agree with anything you say, but here, today regarding this comment, AMEN. Could not have said it any better myself.

I don't think Ryan doesn't want to be here. He is just overreacting on medias speculations.

When a player comes out and discusses a trade to a specific team in the media, or to a source that will go to the media, it is pretty clear that they no longer desire to be where they are.

Zither has it right too. I like Ryan, but he does not understand the business. Seems he takes that part of the game personally. Most players get traded and do better in a new environment......I mean J Staal goes to Columbus and that will help him mature. The Ducks are a weakening franchise and this unrest is not going to enable the team to move forward. Leadership is brittle, and the defensive core has taken a big hit. Please, Murray, get this team together.

Bobby has said he wants to be here. He also has said that he doesn't want to have to worry

about being shopped if the team has problems.

I see no issue with it, and him saying he'd want to play in Philly is no issue. If he

said he wanted to play for the Sharks or Kings, that's another story.

Also, for the people saying he isn't be shopped, he is. (Unless you call submit your best offer for him, not being shopped)

Another great point Doc... and I don't put it beneath Murray. He sent Wisniewski to Long Island for a reason!

Bobby has said he wants to be here. He also has said that he doesn't want to have to worry about being shopped if the team has problems.

I see no issue with it, and him saying he'd want to play in Philly is no issue. If he said he wanted to play for the Sharks or Kings, that's another story.

Also, for the people saying he isn't be shopped, he is. (Unless you call submit your best offer for him, not being shopped)

His actions say otherwise... and in that scenario, everyone is being shopped.

I'm sorry, you just don't say what Bobby Ryan said yesterday. No way Murray hangs on to him and no way he should.

I'm not sure how Murray can really do damage control here. Bobby created a mess. At this point, it may be best for Murray to massage Bobby's feelings a smooth it out, then make a statement to the media reaffirming the team has no intention of dealing Ryan and are committed to him. Then let Bobby play out the season to the deadline, repairing his value, and try to move him at the deadline for full value.

His actions say otherwise... and in that scenario, everyone is being shopped.

I'm sorry, you just don't say what Bobby Ryan said yesterday. No way Murray hangs on to him and no way he should.

What am I not seeing here? It doesn't sound like he is looking for a trade but just wants the trade rumors to go away. He even says in the article that he would like to stay in Anaheim but if he "was" going to be traded, he would prefer to go to Philly.

What's wrong with that?

The one thing I do have issue with is .....four years with the same girl and "marriage is on the horizon?" Don't rush into anything there Bobby. :D

I think Ryan has simply been away from the game too long and has too much time on his hands to think things through. His statement about wanting to be traded to Philly definitely shows his lack of maturity and understanding that EVERY player on EVERY team in the NHL should have only one goal .... to win the cup! Everything else is just background noise and needs to be put aside.

If I were him I would be completely stoked in knowing that I'm one of the biggest pieces on a team that could be used to promote its potential, either in trade value or as a team player. He doesn't seem to understand that BM's job is to make moves that benefit the team's ability to win as many games as possible. It's not about being "appreciated or wanted", it's about making moves that will set your team up for the long run. If he thinks things will be different on another team ... good luck!

What am I not seeing here? It doesn't sound like he is looking for a trade but just wants the trade rumors to go away. He even says in the article that he would like to stay in Anaheim but if he "was" going to be traded, he would prefer to go to Philly.

What's wrong with that?

The one thing I do have issue with is .....four years with the same girl and "marriage is on the horizon?" Don't rush into anything there Bobby. :D

The part where he said he takes things personally is the biggest red flag.

What's wrong with that?

Where there's smoke there's fire. This is just the latest in a ongoing saga... how much more leeway can anyone give this guy? He doesn't feel like he's wanted? He doesn't feel like he's respected?

The part where he said he takes things personally is the biggest red flag.

Agreed. It's not about talent, Ryan has plenty of that, the problem is that talent comes with a warped sense of entitlement. Anaheim has put the world at that kids feet... and this is how he repays the franchise?

He needs to mature up and take notes from other professional athletes. He's gotta stop talking to the media about things, he's gotta stop spewing things like he wants to play in Philly at the BBQ with other team mates and forum posters. He needs to understand that in this business, yes it's a business, getting traded is the norm. You live with it and you don't let it bother you. He can't take things personally, he has to know that a team's GM probably listens to offers for ALL players all the time.

If the media wants to make this a big deal, the last thing he wants to do is to play into the media's hands by giving interviews and saying what he said yesterday. If players of Teemu's caliber can get traded, and still come back to the team later, he's gotta learn from Teemu and not take it so personally. And most important of all, he has to learn he's under contract, so this team has all the right to trade him, shop him, keep him, play him, bench him, etc.. So stop getting upset about it. If you want to get upset that's fine, but keep it to yourself.

So to sum it up, dear bobby ryan, please stop talking especially to the media whom just love to stir up drama. You are under contract with this team, so if you got something negative to say, keep it to yourself until you are no longer with this team. Lupul talked a lot of crap when he was traded multiple times, but he at least waited until he was shipped off. When you get verbal like this you are simply lowering your own values. These teams are like business opportunities. You don't want to turn these teams away by yapping so much.

Now to further fan the conspiracy flames.

Leafs deal Schenn to Flyers for van Riemsdyk

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=635961

Philly just shipped off power forward Van Riemsdyk(22) for a stay at home Dman. Does anyone think that Philly is looking for a replacement? Granted I don't know what Philly's cap situation looks like. But it seems like a really convenient coincident that Bobby talks about wanting to play for Philly less than 24 hrs before Philly ships off a similiar aged promising forward.

I am probably way off base here, but having a little fun causing trouble. Who knows, Maybe Burke tried to get Bobby himself but Murray turned him down even though we could use a Dman Like Shenn.

I'd seriously consider Couturier, Simmonds, and a 1st/decent prospect, but rumor has it Holmgren doesn't want to deal Couturier as well as Schenn and if that's the case then sorry Ryan you're not going to Philly. Murray HAS to get good value for Ryan if he trades him. He's the one piece this team has that they could lose in a trade and get better in the short and long term provided Murray uses him in the right deal.

Bobby has said he wants to be here. He also has said that he doesn't want to have to worry

about being shopped if the team has problems.

I see no issue with it, and him saying he'd want to play in Philly is no issue. If he

said he wanted to play for the Sharks or Kings, that's another story.

Do we just take your word for that? There is no indication he was being shopped. There was no reason for Murray to be shopping him, until Bobby came out in the media and said what he did.

Naming a specific team he would rather play for? The fact he didn't name a rival team makes absolutely no difference.

I have to agree with Ian, I think Bobby just wrote his own ticket out of Anaheim, and that ticket is probably not going to take him to Philly.

What's wrong with that?

Nothing when mgmt talks to other GM's and keeps throwing out your name for a trade. He feels like he's not wanted and wonders why keep wanting to trade him 2 years in a row he's like "enough already, if you want me out then let's get this over with"

He needs to mature up and take notes from other professional athletes. He's gotta stop talking to the media about things, he's gotta stop spewing things like he wants to play in Philly at the BBQ with other team mates and forum posters. He needs to understand that in this business, yes it's a business, getting traded is the norm. You live with it and you don't let it bother you. He can't take things personally, he has to know that a team's GM probably listens to offers for ALL players all the time.

If the media wants to make this a big deal, the last thing he wants to do is to play into the media's hands by giving interviews and saying what he said yesterday. If players of Teemu's caliber can get traded, and still come back to the team later, he's gotta learn from Teemu and not take it so personally. And most important of all, he has to learn he's under contract, so this team has all the right to trade him, shop him, keep him, play him, bench him, etc.. So stop getting upset about it. If you want to get upset that's fine, but keep it to yourself.

So to sum it up, dear bobby ryan, please stop talking especially to the media whom just love to stir up drama. You are under contract with this team, so if you got something negative to say, keep it to yourself until you are no longer with this team. Lupul talked a lot of crap when he was traded multiple times, but he at least waited until he was shipped off. When you get verbal like this you are simply lowering your own values. These teams are like business opportunities. You don't want to turn these teams away by yapping so much.

I do admit that Ryan should have tried talk to BM eye to eye and express how he feels before talking to the media..... However BM started this mess by putting his name out there....

I do admit that Ryan should have tried talk to BM eye to eye and express how he feels before talking to the media..... However BM started this mess by putting his name out there....

Last season yes, this latest round has been nothing but talking heads and internet GMs. No one has actually reported Murray was shopping bobby, only that teams were calling about Bobby and he was willing to listen.

Nothing but speculation, but it's totally plausible that NYR and Philly through out Bobby's name as a decoy. They were both keen on trying to win the Nash sweepstakes. Since the asking price was extreme, they could have thrown out a plant into the rumor mill. "Hey buddy, your asking too much for Nash. I could get something similar in Bobby Ryan for less."

Why pick Bobby of all players? Probably because his name was thrown out during the season and it's still fresh in peoples minds. If you want blame Bob, blame him for throwing out Bobby's name during the season when the team was sucking hard and there was no end in sight for the sucking and he had to explore his options.

That's weak sauce.

Everyone's names out there every day... that's the National Hockey League. Murray didn't start anything. Murray didn't go to the press and say he's looking to trade Bobby Ryan. Getzlaf's name has been floating around as well, yet at select-a-seat he's standing next to Bob Murray and behind the franchise. You're giving the kid way too much leeway. He undermined his GM, damaged his value, and in turn, hurt the franchise.

You're putting Bobby Ryan in front of the team, which is ironic because Bobby Ryan is doing the exact same thing.

Nothing but speculation, but it's totally plausible that NYR and Philly through out Bobby's name as a decoy. They were both keen on trying to win the Nash sweepstakes. Since the asking price was extreme, they could have thrown out a plant into the rumor mill. "Hey buddy, your asking too much for Nash. I could get something similar in Bobby Ryan for less."

Why pick Bobby of all players? Probably because his name was thrown out during the season and it's still fresh in peoples minds. If you want blame Bob, blame him for throwing out Bobby's name during the season when the team was sucking hard and there was no end in sight for the sucking and he had to explore his options.

There is no blame. It's not Bob Murray's job to coddle to Bobby Ryan. It's his job to run the hockey club. Bobby Ryan has been handled with white gloves his entire career, he's just too wrapped up in his own ego to realize that.