Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Lockout 2012-13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
192 replies to this topic

#181 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,190 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like that by the middle/end of the new CBA anyway like with the last CBA.

I read a rumor that the next CBA could be 10 years in length, which is good to avoid this crap for a decade, but could be bad for us if the CBA favors larger markets for 10 years.

The big market teams have more pull... so I don't expect complete parity, but I'd like to think the small market teams will be able to compete on some level.

What they need to do is eliminate the loopholes. The last CBA had too many of them and they were not all that hard to figure out.

#182 Spencer_12

Spencer_12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Lockout's over. We're back.

#183 Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

The lockout is tentatively over.
Click below.

http://sports.yahoo....05515--nhl.html

It is only tentative so far, but is better than nothing.

#184 LFCVrsac

LFCVrsac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

At last!

The next stage is documentation and ratification of the deal, with the start date and number of games in the 2012-13 season still to be announced depending on how long the final process takes.

#185 streamline

streamline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#186 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yes, hockey is back!

#187 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,190 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Bittersweet resolution. The fans still got screwed...

#188 gilligoos

gilligoos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Looking forward to watching some NHL this year...from my couch. I missed hockey, but am piddleed off enough not to spend a dime in tickets and merch. I'll go watch next season, but will be relucant to buy merchandise. Would be nice to hear chants of "You're all greedy" in each stadium in the first minute or two from puck drop. And I mean all 15 games to start the season. That'll be ESPN newsworthy ...I was watching ESPNews and the coverage had no mention of hockey in the 40 min I watched lol.

#189 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

The probability of the cap going up a lot with this new CBA is going to continue harming small market teams from competing. I don't see how sustainable it can be for a club with a small fan club such as the Panthers or Ducks to compete against teams like the Leafs or Rangers when revenue won't be coming in as big and quickly. I hope there is a mechanism in place to help out the struggling franchises because if there isn't there will be many more relocating franchises or contractions.

The buyout clause could benefit small market teams but I see it more as a advantage for the big market teams who sign those ridiculously big contracts and then try to bury it under the rug. This way teams like the Rangers who have Redden buried in the minors or the Hawks who will try to buyout Olesz without sacrificing cap space.

I'm glad that hockey is back but there are some serious questions marks still remaining with this new CBA and the owners or players could still reject it when it comes to voting for it.

#190 Jeremoose

Jeremoose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,303 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Bittersweet resolution. The fans still got screwed...

Couldn't have said it better. I can't wait to be watching hockey again but nothing has changed for us fans here; we're still just walking/talking ATM machines to the players and owners.

Edited by Jeremoose, 07 January 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#191 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,190 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

The probability of the cap going up a lot with this new CBA is going to continue harming small market teams from competing. I don't see how sustainable it can be for a club with a small fan club such as the Panthers or Ducks to compete against teams like the Leafs or Rangers when revenue won't be coming in as big and quickly. I hope there is a mechanism in place to help out the struggling franchises because if there isn't there will be many more relocating franchises or contractions.

The buyout clause could benefit small market teams but I see it more as a advantage for the big market teams who sign those ridiculously big contracts and then try to bury it under the rug. This way teams like the Rangers who have Redden buried in the minors or the Hawks who will try to buyout Olesz without sacrificing cap space.

I'm glad that hockey is back but there are some serious questions marks still remaining with this new CBA and the owners or players could still reject it when it comes to voting for it.

With all that cap, if Murray doesn't get Perry and Getzlaf signed soon we could lose one or both of them...

I was really hoping the cap would come down to where Anaheim would be in a good position to compete. With the second buyout exception, and the high cap, it's going to be a long hard road for the Ducks unless Samueli is willing to stomach some losses (short term of course).

#192 Spencer_12

Spencer_12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

With all that cap, if Murray doesn't get Perry and Getzlaf signed soon we could lose one or both of them...

I was really hoping the cap would come down to where Anaheim would be in a good position to compete. With the second buyout exception, and the high cap, it's going to be a long hard road for the Ducks unless Samueli is willing to stomach some losses (short term of course).

I'm hoping we at least qualify to some degree for revenue sharing. I haven't heard much about what changes took place in the new CBA.

#193 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,190 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm hoping we at least qualify to some degree for revenue sharing. I haven't heard much about what changes took place in the new CBA.

Not sure it makes much of a difference.

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices