SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Ryan Parent

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Retire9

Retire9

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

He was a high draft pick and had high expectations, where do you put him on the Ducks prospect list. He is on a PTO, he has talent and has played in the NHL.

#2 Sojourn

Sojourn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

He wouldn't be very high on our prospect list at all. He's 25 years old, and past the developmental stage. As a player he might be better in the NHL than some of our prospects(and only just barely, if at all), and he might have a more polished game, but that is entirely due to his age, experience, and maturity. Parent is going to be a career AHL'er, who may occasionally get a shot by a team who is willing to take the risk, or has injury problems. He's a bust at the NHL level, and even at the AHL level he's being out-played by defensemen who are quite a bit younger than him.

If he were better at the NHL level, he just might be the type of player Murray would take a shot on, due to his pedigree... in that case, he'd be a 7th defenseman who could sit for long periods. As a player though, we have many superior D prospects, and Lindholm and Vatanen top that list.

#3 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

I'm curious what you think of Clark, Sojourn? I haven't seen him play this year but he was solid last season for the Crunch.

#4 Sojourn

Sojourn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I think he's been solid so far this season too, Kan. He's definitely heading in the right direction, I think. Clark and Guenin are the first two I'd expect to be called up if we lose a D-man to injuries(I could see Vatanen jumping ahead if Anaheim loses a more offensive guy like Fowler). I don't think we can, or should, expect much from him offensively, but if he can be a physical presence, especially in the D zone, he might find his niche in the NHL. Ideally, I think he could be a slightly more physical O'Donnell type.

Prior to the AHL, I thought he showed a bit more on the offensive side of the game(although he was never particularly great at it), but he hasn't found a way to be effective that way at the AHL level. Right now, I think the safe bet is a depth defenseman, but I still think there is the possibility he becomes a steady top 4 type of guy.

#5 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

I think he's been solid so far this season too, Kan. He's definitely heading in the right direction, I think. Clark and Guenin are the first two I'd expect to be called up if we lose a D-man to injuries(I could see Vatanen jumping ahead if Anaheim loses a more offensive guy like Fowler). I don't think we can, or should, expect much from him offensively, but if he can be a physical presence, especially in the D zone, he might find his niche in the NHL. Ideally, I think he could be a slightly more physical O'Donnell type.

Prior to the AHL, I thought he showed a bit more on the offensive side of the game(although he was never particularly great at it), but he hasn't found a way to be effective that way at the AHL level. Right now, I think the safe bet is a depth defenseman, but I still think there is the possibility he becomes a steady top 4 type of guy.

I like that he's still improving. I agree that Clark's only hope to make it in the NHL is to build his defensive and physical game. In fact I think Anaheim really needs a defenseman like that because we've missed it since OD left. I know we have Allen now but he won't be around for the next 5+ years like Clark could be.

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices