Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

New Version Of Software Installed Today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#41 Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, the box is there. Before the switch there used to be a bubble off to the side of that box that listed everyone who has liked a post. I went into an old thread to see if it was just the likes that came after Wednesday that weren't showing up but it appears that bubble has disappeared for every post. I still get the notification saying "username liked a post you made in thread" but that's only for your own posts. For me, there's no way of knowing if someone on the boards liked someone else's post. 

If I remember, it was like a tally that showed how many likes, correct? Is that what you mean?

I wish we could go back in time to get screen shots to show what we are asking.  Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the NHL and Invision when changes like that are made.

I have found the manuals to download, and will look through them tomorrow to see if I can find out how to turn it on, in the meantime, I contacted Invision about the questions also.  I did stress with them it is not a priority like the lockups were, but that we would like an answer sometime soon.

I'll post as soon as I get some kind of answer.

#42 Spencer_12

Spencer_12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,275 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

What phone are you using? I have an iPhone, and can hardly see the text in normal mode. If I use the mobile mode it is much better.
See what that does for you.

When I mentioned the issue with the quotes, I was using the mobile version of the board on an iPhone. There's no box or anything, it's just text with a space (if someone does it right) between where the poster you're quoting left off and where your post leads off.

#43 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

If I remember, it was like a tally that showed how many likes, correct? Is that what you mean?

I wish we could go back in time to get screen shots to show what we are asking.  Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the NHL and Invision when changes like that are made.

I have found the manuals to download, and will look through them tomorrow to see if I can find out how to turn it on, in the meantime, I contacted Invision about the questions also.  I did stress with them it is not a priority like the lockups were, but that we would like an answer sometime soon.

I'll post as soon as I get some kind of answer.

Thanks! :)

#44 nieder

nieder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Yeah, the box is there. Before the switch there used to be a bubble off to the side of that box that listed everyone who has liked a post. I went into an old thread to see if it was just the likes that came after Wednesday that weren't showing up but it appears that bubble has disappeared for every post. I still get the notification saying "username liked a post you made in thread" but that's only for your own posts. For me, there's no way of knowing if someone on the boards liked someone else's post. 

I'm getting the same thing. I get notifications about people 'liking' my posts, but when viewing the posts there is no indication about likes, as there used to be.

Something different - I used to use the "IP Board" option that did not have the Ducks images etc, it was a much cleaner way to use the boards. Apparently this option is no longer available? Which is disappointing :(

#45 Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm getting the same thing. I get notifications about people 'liking' my posts, but when viewing the posts there is no indication about likes, as there used to be.

Something different - I used to use the "IP Board" option that did not have the Ducks images etc, it was a much cleaner way to use the boards. Apparently this option is no longer available? Which is disappointing :(

I think I got the IP Board theme restored, so give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Ken

#46 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Are you talking when you post or use a quote? I'm not sure what you are referring to as a box outline.

The quote box on top of my writing?  On the mobile version that box doesn't show up it's just writing.  I have a hard time distinguishing between the quote and the person replying to the quote.  I hope I'm making myself clear.  

#47 Spencer_12

Spencer_12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,275 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Ever since the server move I've had to log in more frequently to post. I'm using the mobile version and haven't done anything different. It used to be where I didn't have to sign in for days (OH HOW I MISS YOU), and then on another change it made it where a log in would last about 24 hours. This lasted all the way until now with the new change.

#48 Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Ever since the server move I've had to log in more frequently to post. I'm using the mobile version and haven't done anything different. It used to be where I didn't have to sign in for days (OH HOW I MISS YOU), and then on another change it made it where a log in would last about 24 hours. This lasted all the way until now with the new change.

You should log in at least once a day. I don't know what the time frame is for dropping, but I always log out at the end of a session.

If you can use Chrome, which I use, it will remember your username and password for you and you only have to click the login arrow. The other benefit with Chrome, is all favorites (bookmarks) can be synced between multiple devices. In my case, PC, iPad, and iPhone. It will also cross over to android, I'm just not using one of those anymore.

Hope that helps, but I will check in and see if there is a timer to log you off.  I know if I don't post, but remained logged on for a while, it will automatically log me out also.

#49 Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

There is, in fact a time out established on the system. I have set it to double the time now, but it is still low for security reasons.

#50 Spencer_12

Spencer_12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,275 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Cool, thanks.

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   NHL TicketExchange  Site Map AdChoices