Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

The Lockout, A Fans View

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 telelyle

telelyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I read and interview with Teemu Selanne today. I found it to be quite sad. Teemu is one of the most respected players by fans and players alike. He basically said he came back to play this last year, still feeling like he could play at a high level, but now that the lockout is in effect and the season dwindling away and most likely wont be played, its most likely he will retire this way without playing another another nhl game in Ducks uniform. It means he will not skate the edge of the rink with his stick raised in the air and the crowd going crazy for this special player who we have been cheering for and watching for close to 20 years. it means there will be no official last game, last skate and wave goodbye. If yoou ask me, this really sucks. As much as Teemu has given to the this great game we call hockey, its a crime to pay him back with this lockout as a goodbye gift. This actually is not all about #8, but it is what got my blood boiling. Greed, I hate the very existence of the word, let alone the meaning. People go into battle and put their lives on the line fighting for freedom, for very little money. Firefighters storm burning buildings to save us, our familys and loved pets, for not enough money if you ask me. What if these people just said "you know what, screw it, im going on strike because i want more money" These nhl owners, players etc. make more money than i could ever dream of, all doing what they love, but its not enough, they need more. This is the reason that my mom and dad who love their hockey and mostly their ducks, are deprived of hockey this season. My mom and dad(mickey and minnie as they are known) have had the same two seats since 1993, very rearly ever missing a game. They cherish watching their Ducks, they look forward to getting to the stadium to have their hot dogs and talk with all the other people in their section that they have built friendships with over the years. laughing and joking with the other season ticket holders. The bigger picture is there are hundreds of thousands of hockey fans just like mom and dad that eat, sleep and dearly love and look forward to hockey. The kids that get to skate the ice in between periods and get hugs from their teams mascots and get autographs from their favorite players and the smiles on the kids faces, taken away. Greed and money. The funny thing is the greedy brass are losing more money every day directly because of their own actions, or may i say, lack there of. The sad thing is that the players or getting older and stale and the fans, well at least the ones that i have talked to, including myself really miss hockey, but like anything else, are moving on now to other things.

I hope with all my heart, for the sake of us fans, that this gets read by someone in the nhl. Make a damn deal already, stop the greed because whatever deal is on the table will put more money in your pockets than you need or deserve. The effect that this stupid, senseless lockout has on the nhl, its players and most importantly, us fans that pay for your big freakin houses and your mercedes benz much outweighs you being greedingly satisfied with an extra dollar in your pockets. Screw the extra buck, Lets drop the puck!

-Lyle Shapiro

#2 janakkyle

janakkyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Well this really hurts especially us duck fans we all can't wait to watch Ducks Hockey its eating us alive.

#3 kcjones

kcjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Newbie-I am a big fan of your parents.I have spent many a time waiting in line talking to your parents.I usually park right next to them.I like how the parking attendants always save the first spot for them.Now I take the Metro-link DUCKSEXPRESS.

#4 CrustyOldCoot

CrustyOldCoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'll probably catch H### around here, but this is even sadder for the Kings fans and for hockey in SoCal. The Ducks won the cup and now the Kings have finally done it and is there a push ahead for the sport .....noooooooo. All the beginning fans have jumped off of the band wagon, back to watching football and basketball. Hockey around here could have really had another big increase in fan/media attention with the raising of another SC banner in town

#5 janakkyle

janakkyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Drives us nutz each day that pass it kills us.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

Well Moose the lockout will pass but it will hurt the Ducks organization if Teemu retires early.

#6 janakkyle

janakkyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

It would be blow to the Ducks if he is gone...Teemu is a Morale Leader of our team.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

Well the lockout might be over and I hope Teemu plays this season he has all the things the Ducks need for the team.

#7 lovemyducks

lovemyducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Agree all,

I miss our boys so much. It sucks big time with no hockey. The Die hard hockey fans do not deserve to be treated like this. It is a shame we can not all pull together and get our voices heard.

I watched an interview where a fan got close to the commish, and Gary just pushed him aside, basically told him to shut up.
Shame on all of the greedy owners and players. Get a deal done and stop this maddness.

#8 janakkyle

janakkyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Shame indeed cause this sort of thing will deter future players from whether or not if they want to play in the NHL. Failure of leadership,office Politics are the reason this Lockout should NEVER HAVE HAPPEN.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

Yeah it does hurt just waiting for the lockout to end we may not even have a season. :(

#9 SteveC73

SteveC73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

I just watched the latest Bruce "uncensored" video. Geez - funny and about hockey and . . . I miss seeing the guys; I miss seeing Bruce coach. I'd like to meet the guy because he seems like a pretty interesting dude. I'd like to be looking forward to "the next game" and all the normal stuff. But I'm going to Costa Rica in January and I don't think I'll be checking the scores online . . . but I might run into some hockey guys down there; maybe. They sure as heck are not skating at the Pond.

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   NHL TicketExchange  Site Map AdChoices