Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Matt Beleskey

Making his mark in the UK

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hi_De_Hi

Hi_De_Hi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

It is so sad that you are having to sit out your season but I thought you might like to know how one of your players is faring on our side of the pond. This guy is a stand out on our team. Having played 19 games (out of nearly 30 so far) he is currently 8G and 16A with 37 PiMs. He is a joy to watch and also a great guy off the ice as well. Sales of his shirts are through the roof (I have bought 3 so that me, my son and grandaughter all have one). When you get him back he should be super fit as well as we have him putting up 25 to 30 minutes per game.

Hopefully the lockout gets sorted out soon. We will miss Matt greatly if he has to return to you but on the upside I have 2 weeks vacation in Chicago booked for Easter and as things stand there will be no Hawks games to watch.

#2 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Thanks for the update.

#3 Hi_De_Hi

Hi_De_Hi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Looks like Matt is heading home
http://www.fireandic...ding-Home/page2

Last game tomorrow. We shall be giving him a big sendoff

#4 Hi_De_Hi

Hi_De_Hi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

What a night! The fans were giving #39 a standing ovation for the 39th minute of the game when we get awarded a penalty shot. Matt steps up and takes it putting the puck through the 5 hole of the NM. This is the go ahead and game winner. Then with less than a minute to go in the thrid he pops up again to score an empty netter and give us the game 5-3. After the game he gets a standing ovation plus 'man of the match'. I managed to get hold of the puck he took the penalty with and he signed that for me after the game! I hope you appreciate him when you get him back. He will probably be the fittest player on the roster given he has been putting in 30 minutes plus for us for the last 3 months.

#5 Hi_De_Hi

Hi_De_Hi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Just to add that he may also still be hungover when he gets to you as there was already a large queue of fans waiting in the bar to buy his beer all night! :rolleyes:

#6 Blazejen

Blazejen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Loved having Beleskey here in Coventry, he has been a pleasure to watch and we will miss him big time. Good Luck to Matt and the rest of the Ducks, you now have a whole new fanbase in England.

#7 poum

poum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Loved having Beleskey here in Coventry, he has been a pleasure to watch and we will miss him big time. Good Luck to Matt and the rest of the Ducks, you now have a whole new fanbase in England.

Hahaha awesome! I've always been fond of Belesky, the kid literally doesn't know when to quit. I don't know if England enjoys the finer points of hockey, the fight. But the kid throws down even if he's outmatched.

#8 Blazejen

Blazejen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hahaha awesome! I've always been fond of Belesky, the kid literally doesn't know when to quit. I don't know if England enjoys the finer points of hockey, the fight. But the kid throws down even if he's outmatched.

Yes we have the fighting in the UK, it is very much north american style hockey, Matt certainly wasn't afraid to drop the gloves when he needed to but most players here couldn't keep up with him he was too quick. We have a website for our team www.coventryblaze.co.uk and our own fan forum www.fireandiceforum.co.uk in case anyone is interested. Good Luck for your season when it finally starts and look after Beleskey for us! :D

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices