Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Gibson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 streamline

streamline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Anyone else who watched the Juniors excited about this guy? I can't wait till he is between the pipes for the Ducks, very talented.

#2 squitman

squitman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

He has really blown me away with his outstanding ability. We now have our next Giggy/Hiller. Our future in net is secure (now we need to work on offense :rolleyes:).

#3 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

I also like Gibson's performance in net but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Gibson still has many seasons to go before he should get in net for the Ducks. I just hope he doesn't end up like Bobkov who played well in juniors and international but has been inconsistent at the AHL level.

#4 Spencer_12

Spencer_12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

I hope he has a great game against Sweden, but I also want our Swedish players to play well in the loss ha. It sucks Lindholm is injured though.

#5 streamline

streamline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

He's absolutely nasty, a .955 sv% throughout is far and away the best american goalie for the juniors, i can't wait.

#6 hayski08

hayski08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

I have said it for a while, he reminds me of Patrick Roy. His size and mental strength along with great positioning are Roy like.

#7 CrosbySux

CrosbySux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Gibson will get his shot next season most likely. If he makes the club this year and has a couple bad outings, he doesn't have a great deal of time to regain his confidence in JR's. give him time and see how he does in September!

#8 Ladyduck

Ladyduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

I really enjoyed watching this guy. What a great addition to the Ducks he will be if everything continues to go well for him. I hope this isn't going to be another Gardiner situation for the Ducks. (Not that I'm that familiar with Gibson's situation) Fingers crossed for him & the Ducks.

I really enjoyed watching the IIFH games. So much passion from these kids. However, made me miss our Ducks (along with a few other teams) all the more. Hopefully everything moves along quickly & we can get back to watching our Ducks.

#9 gilligoos

gilligoos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Gibson is a great goalie but let's wait until he plays in the AHL until we really see what kind of goalie he is. The last time a US goaltender led the world juniors and had an mvp performance was Al Montoya. So let's wait until a few years from now before we get overly excited. Nevertheless, it's nice to see that we have an amazing prospect pool to work with.

#10 CrearlBruitte

CrearlBruitte

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

13.06.2009 ยท DIE BESTEN FAKES DEUTSCHER PROMIS ... promis, nackt, oben ohne, oops, nipslip nppel gate, nipple, upskirt, pussy ... pocket pussy I have to admit, I've been wondering about those fake vaginas made out of rubber or whatever and how they really feel. I mean, I've never tried one, so I !

#11 Kings_Attack

Kings_Attack

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

He's already a big game goalie and flashy, which is a problem I hope a more knowledge fellow fan might shed light on: is it just me or is he too much of a flopper? He's definitely very impressive when it comes to big time, crunch saves (I think a few of his saves on major opportunities ended up with the Americans going the other way for a goal or grade A scoring chance). Now, some are of the philosophy "No matter how you stop the puck, as long as you did it's good" whereas some goalies are more of the school about controlling rebounds and playing posititionally (which usually means a more boring goalie which Gibson is not).

Luongo flops about, and he's the worst elite goalie I've ever seen. He insists on his stupid lunge forward, sprawling about on the ice with all limbs on the ice which leaves the entirety of the net open for easy goals. I'd have to watch the tournament again but I can recall times where I thought he was making really risky moves (then again, Roy dove and flopped all he wanted and took risks; sometimes winners have to gamble I guess).

#12 janakkyle

janakkyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

He is great in the net can't wait to see how how well he performs for us he might be the goalie we need to succeed.

Edited by janakkyle, 08 January 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#13 maner008

maner008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

I have said it for a while, he reminds me of Patrick Roy. His size and mental strength along with great positioning are Roy like.

I wouldnt say Roy...But when i was watching him i saw alot of Turco Pre-Trapezoids..he has good puck movement and a great sense of where the puck is.

How long before it is NHL ready though? how about AHL? 4 or 5 years?

Edited by maner008, 09 January 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#14 CrosbySux

CrosbySux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

No way he is 4-5 years out. With Hiller, there's no need to rush him this season. Gibson will be in camp next year and will, at the very least, get a few games for the Ducks and be poised to take over the fallowing season.

#15 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

I wouldnt say Roy...But when i was watching him i saw alot of Turco Pre-Trapezoids..he has good puck movement and a great sense of where the puck is.

How long before it is NHL ready though? how about AHL? 4 or 5 years?

It's still too early to tell and goalies are hit or miss prospects with one year doing excellent and the next floundering. Bobkov is the perfect example of a goalie that looked promising two seasons ago and now I'm questioning if he can become an NHL goalie. So far I feel optimistic on how Gibson is able to give the Rangers a shot at winning every night he's in net and I can't say enough of his amazing performance in the IIHF.

#16 maner008

maner008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

No way he is 4-5 years out. With Hiller, there's no need to rush him this season. Gibson will be in camp next year and will, at the very least, get a few games for the Ducks and be poised to take over the fallowing season.

to be honest, Hiller isnt that great. and i can see Gibson becoming if coached right another long time staple in net for the ducks. I dont really ever see Hiller becoming that at all.

Edited by maner008, 10 January 2013 - 02:06 AM.

#17 CrosbySux

CrosbySux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

to be honest, Hiller isnt that great. and i can see Gibson becoming if coached right another long time staple in net for the ducks. I dont really ever see Hiller becoming that at all.

Hiller is a great goal tender. Before his vertigo kicked in two seasons ago, he was top 5 in every statistical category and getting some Vezina talk. He started slow last year, but his play the second half of the season was a big reason we put up the W's we did. Our D allowing the goali to get screened has been our biggest issue. Can't stop what you can't see.

#18 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,169 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

As in not Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden great? I agree... but he has the tools to be a top 5 goaltender in this league.

#19 Kings_Attack

Kings_Attack

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Maybe Gibson is more akin to Mike Richter? Richter was a "make the save any way you can"-style goalie and I don't think I saw Gibson as by the books like Giguere was.

#20 Sojourn

Sojourn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

As in not Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden great? I agree... but he has the tools to be a top 5 goaltender in this league.

He certainly does, but we need to be careful. He wouldn't be the first goaltender to play well in the Juniors, or to have a great WJC, only to not pan out at the NHL level(Justin Pogge comes to mind). At this point, he could just as easily not turn into an NHL goalie, as he could turn into one. That being said, I have high hopes for him. He's not the greatest puck handler, but when it comes to stopping the puck the kid has no weaknesses, great reflexes, amazing technique, and for his age his consistency is remarkable. Not to mention the mental strength he's showing. The guy just doesn't seem to get rattled.

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   NHL TicketExchange  Site Map AdChoices