SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Potentially A Saturday January 19 Start Date Vs Kings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 HockeyIzCool

HockeyIzCool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

The tentative plan which is leaking out, will have all 30 teams playing on January 19 to open the season, with many of the games being games against division rivals.

They also said that the dates already scheduled for games in various arenas, would still likely be maintained, although the opponents may change.

Ducks are supposed to play in Edmonton on the 19th, and the Kings are supposed to be in Phoenix, but I wouldn't consider either of those to be rivalries. Kings Vs Ducks sounds better I think.

#2 streamline

streamline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

please please please be true

#3 HockeyIzCool

HockeyIzCool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

If the Ducks play on 1/19, it will definitely be an away game. The "How To Train Your Dragon" show is at the Ponda Center until Sunday 1/20.

The Ducks could still play the Kings at Staples Center in a Noon game, because there is a Clippers game at 7:30 PM, so it would have to be early enough for them to change the floor.

#4 duck123

duck123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

If the Ducks do play Edmonton, it will be nice for Ducks fans to see the Ducks beat Justin Schultz's team. :)

Edited by duck123, 04 January 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#5 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,126 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

I say BRING IT ON. I am chomping at the bit for the Ducks to Takedown LA.

CHAMPING Moose, not CHOMPING.

#6 Kings_Attack

Kings_Attack

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

I hope the Ducks don't get scheduled for a Kings home and season opener; that is the most humiliating thing that could possibly happen in Ducks history. All of those snarky little Kings fans getting double giddy for the Kings lifting their banner against the Ducks....awful, awful, awful. Either way, I'm expecting a season opening loss; the Ducks never seem to care enough to show up on Day 1.

#7 streamline

streamline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

yes, i'm not looking forward to any kings games this year

#8 HockeyIzCool

HockeyIzCool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

It's been confirmed that the Kings home opener will be at noon next Saturday.

#9 socalhkyfan

socalhkyfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

It's been confirmed that the Kings home opener will be at noon next Saturday.

Wonder vs who?? I have never realy wanted to go to a kings vs Ducks game at Staples.. just don't want to hassel with the fans, and oh getting shot at in beautiful downtown LA.. But if this is true and it's vs the Ducks,, I may have to make an exception.. it's just been way to long!!

#10 HockeyIzCool

HockeyIzCool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

The Kings will be playing the Blackhawks according to Helene Elliott in today's LA Times.

#11 nieder

nieder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Helene Elliott is about as reliable as Eklund.

#12 Kings_Attack

Kings_Attack

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I disagree with that. Helene Elliott is a respected writer who writes for a major 'paper, and doesn't resort to pullin names out of a hat sensationalism like Eklund, whose bread and butter is entertaining lies.

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices