SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

The Real Don Fehr...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 duck123

duck123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

So, I know that Don Fehr is getting a lot of NHL fans thinking he is doing a bad job. Here is an article that explains the man a little more, and suggests that he might just be doing a great job for the players association. He's not caving in to the league, like other's might be tempted to do. He seemed to be great with his time in baseball, where the average player salary rose from $289,000 to $3.24 million. I can see why the NHL players love him and actually think he is the perfect person to go against Bettman in this fight. I don't know if Bettman has ever had this equal type of competitor. Here's the link:
http://espn.go.com/n...argaining-table

#2 Spencer_12

Spencer_12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Fehr is obviously great at what he does. The moment he became head of the NHLPA I knew the league was in trouble concerning this season. The real question is whether Fehr is good for everybody, but all he needs to concern himself with is the players who he represents. I don't think Fehr cares about much else. I believe he wants to retire after completing this CBA, so I'm sure he's mostly concerned with getting the players as large of a piece of the pie as he can, and then let whoever deal with the repercussions if there are any later.

Personally, I put a great deal of blame (though not soley) on Fehr for the steroid era in baseball, and for the tense relationship between players/owners back in the day. So he's kind of rubbed me the wrong way over the years.

#3 streamline

streamline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

I won't deny he's great for the players, for the fans and the sport? No way

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices