The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Kings Catch All Thread

Nothing like playing under a Championship banner! They look about as sharp as a bowling ball in the first 20 minutes.

Of all the different camo-pattern jerseys teams have used, I have to say the Ducks logo looked best. Simple wordmark, basic colors, looks bad on our regular jerseys, but worked on the camo for some reason. The Wild logo on the camo just looks horrendous.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Brown takes a slight peak over his shoulder, sees Pomminville, and delivers the nasty elbow right on the button. Pomminville injured, headshot, and NO CALL!

WHAT!?

If there's no discipline I swear I'm quitting the NHL for a while. This is despicable. That's consecutive games for Brown and he gets off scott free. I didn't even see who hit Pom until the replay, I just thought "Brown" and what do ya know... Brown.

Stinking Kings can't win when I want them to win...

Really? Does your hate for Wild fans transcend the Kings? I'm rooting for SJ home ice at this point. As it's pretty much gonna be those two. Unless SJ screws the pooch and let STL pass by.

Stoner. Clutterbuck. I'd wear those jerseys just for the name. I don't even partake but "Stoner" thats just too good to pass up. 

Laughable hold by Greene there on Bouchard to chase the icing. Ref right there, sees it, does nothing. LA is going to be a nightmare for teams in the playoffs based on blind officiating alone. 

I... but... what... Don't have words. .8 seconds. 

Brown slashes someone to the ice, no call. The Wild commentators are incensed, they said, "How many get out of jail free cards does Brown have!?". Should have been a Minny PP, instead Carter freakin scores at the buzzer.

Brown slashes someone to the ice, no call. The Wild commentators are incensed, they yell, "How many out of jail free cards does Brown have!?". Should have been a Minny PP, instead Carter freakin scores at the buzzer.

Oh man. I'd kill for the Minny broadcast. Jim Fox is such an overbearing tool. Good call by the Minny announcers though. Wish certain influential people would be as vocal. 

STL up on COL 3-1, if they win they jump the Sharks (hehe, funny pun). Hopefully SJ knocks off the Stars later.

I hope it's not STL-LA. Kings would just injure Peitrangelo with impunity and they'd be useless again.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Brown takes a slight peak over his shoulder, sees Pomminville, and delivers the nasty elbow right on the button. Pomminville injured, headshot, and NO CALL!

WHAT!?

If there's no discipline I swear I'm quitting the NHL for a while. This is despicable. That's consecutive games for Brown and he gets off scott free. I didn't even see who hit Pom until the replay, I just thought "Brown" and what do ya know... Brown.

See the comments on the Wild boards. They are livid. The league is starting to notice what kind of player Brown really is.

See the comments on the Wild boards. They are livid. The league is starting to notice what kind of player Brown really is.

Let's hope the league and the refs figure it out before round three this time. People have argued for years that he wasn't dirty, just a diver. But I think he's becoming a cheap shot artist as well as one of the most notorious divers in the league. LA fans can argue and refuse to admit it, but it's just a matter of time before he begins to hurt the team with his shenanigans, then they might see it differently. 

League found out last year as well. By the time the Finals came around Brown was a non factor for the team. Yet he just threw two questionable elbows in as many games. I'm sure the latest won't even be bothered with as well.

Speaking of Brown, I hadn't seen this one.

Enough said.

What self respecting hockey player does that?

When you're the biggest D-bag on the ice and Steve Ott is standing next to you, that says something.

Wait what? I hate Ott as much as the next. Maybe more so than Brown. But isn't he with the Sabres?

Wait what? I hate Ott as much as the next. Maybe more so than Brown. But isn't he with the Sabres?

Ah, I should have said my comment was in reference to nieder's video clip. That was Ott (29) when he was still with Dallas.

Brown should be suspended for his elbow on pominville. We should hear about it tomorrow

KIngs seem to be immune with Rob Blake in Shanahan's ear...

Despite his talent, Brown gets very little respect around the league these days.

Recall this exactly 11 months ago?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/23/dustin-browns-michael-rozsival-hit-handshake-kings_n_1538742.html

Well it looks like the Kings are ramping up to how they acted/performed in last years playoffs.  The Brown hit was dirty and if Perry received 4 games for his hit, this definitely deserves some serious punishment.  He should get suspended, let's hope it carries over into the playoffs.

Even Roenick thought he deserved a suspension on the nhl discussion I saw.  Maybe the Kings have used up their free passes on no calls.

I mean is there a more UNLIKEABLE team around?

Do the right thing NHL.

Well it looks like the Kings are ramping up to how they acted/performed in last years playoffs.  The Brown hit was dirty and if Perry received 4 games for his hit, this definitely deserves some serious punishment.  He should get suspended, let's hope it carries over into the playoffs.

Even Roenick thought he deserved a suspension on the nhl discussion I saw.  Maybe the Kings have used up their free passes on no calls.

I mean is there a more UNLIKEABLE team around?

Do the right thing NHL.

Looks like he'll get a hearing: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667363&navid=nhl:topheads

Too bad I have zero faith in Shanny & Co. to get it right. I'm pulling for 4-5 games, the guy gets away with way too much of this stuff, not to mention there is never a penalty called one ice to hurt his team. (See Carters last second goal last night vs. Minny).

LA fans are ridiculous always trying to justify these hits as clean or accidental plays. You can clearly see his intent when he takes a peak over his shoulder just before LUNGING at Pominville. I'm not sure Brown even played the puck. Just like his hit on Roussel, people can nit pick what transpired, but DB's intent to take a blindside run at his head was clearly there.

My hope: 4-5 games 

My expectations: Something between nothing and 1 game... probably just a fine (slap on the wrist)