The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Kings Catch All Thread

The hit looked brutal. I think it should equal Perry's 4 game or more. I don't think pominville came back and I don't know if he is going to miss games.

I'll admit that the hit didn't look as bad on the Kings broadcast, but after I saw the youtube video of the Wild's broadcast, I'd say this should be 4 games minimum. Dirty as dirty can be...

Puling for the Queens tonight against the Wings.  As dirty as that makes me feel, not having Detoilet in the playoffs would be epic!!

Brown gets a whopping 2 games. So Shanahan and Blake pretty much just gave Brown some rest before the playoffs. I just have to laugh at this because it's just so ridiculous, yet unsurprising. I really hope the Kings get St. Louis in the first round. I would love to see Backes run that team into the boards.

They weren't going to suspend Brown going into the playoffs. I hate that cretin more than life itself, but two games is fair. Far as I know he's a first time offender. Well. First time being so blatantly obvious that even Blake and his mistress Shanahan had to act on it. 

edit: "Brown, who was playing the puck at the time of the incident, stated that he was trying to brace himself for a hit that Pominville was getting set to deliver to the Kings' captain, who was not penalized on the play." Taken from TSN. I change my stance on the two games. Let's tack on every offense he's ever done and suspend him for the rest of his career. 

It's always fun to youtube "dustin brown diving", but if you spend too much time on that it is easy to get frustrated.

Also, I haven't seen the hit, but it's good to see Brown getting that suspension. I don't know when the last time he was busted for one of his hits, but having a current record will help bring the hammer down the next time he carelessly injuries someone and refuses to answer the call.

Is there a way to look into what players the league has spoken to about embellishment?

Brown gets a whopping 2 games. So Shanahan and Blake pretty much just gave Brown some rest before the playoffs. I just have to laugh at this because it's just so ridiculous, yet unsurprising. I really hope the Kings get St. Louis in the first round. I would love to see Backes run that team into the boards.

Because they didn't want it to impact the playoffs...

Best thing is that he now has a history... even though you can ask Cogliano or Rosival if her had a history.

Love me some Shane Doan jawing it up with Brown on the hand shake line last playoffs...

When I first saw Brown's hit on Pominville, I didn't think it was dirty at all. It looked like a shoulder hit and hit Pominville in the face. Unfortunate, but legal.

Then I saw the reverse angle from the Wild broadcast and it clearly showed Brown extend his elbow backwards. Two games is fair.

:wacko:The Mad Duckster :wacko:

Oh my. I'm seeing fans not only defending Browns hit, but actually congratulating him on a successful attempt to injure by elbow. And that's coming from long time Kings fans, not the new Dodger breed. 

Oh my. I'm seeing fans not only defending Browns hit, but actually congratulating him on a successful attempt to injure by elbow. And that's coming from long time Kings fans, not the new Dodger breed. 

I've read Kings fan defending Brown by claiming he just had his elbow up and Pomminville ran into it. They're dead serious. I can understand fans being bias, but a claim like that just seems like straight stupidity. And if that had been Perry, I can't imagine Shanahan and his Mr. Slave Blake would have considered how it would affect Anaheim's playoffs.

The ONLY reason Shannihan suspended Brown at all was so that he (Shannihan) could give Detriot as much help as he can  in winning the Kings/Wings game tonight and staying in the playoff hunt.

THE ONLY  REASON.

I've read Kings fan defending Brown by claiming he just had his elbow up and Pomminville ran into it. They're dead serious. I can understand fans being bias, but a claim like that just seems like straight stupidity. And if that had been Perry, I can't imagine Shanahan and his Mr. Slave Blake would have considered how it would affect Anaheim's playoffs.

Pretty sure everyone here is more than willing to say both Perrys suspensions were just as dumb as could be. Dumb on Perry. The length of the second is debatable though. Ryans, some people defended not sure why. But that was dumb. Pronger is... well Pronger. I'd defend his "malicious leg stomping" because 1) If Pronger wanted to do damage his 6'6" 220 frame would have sawed off Keslers leg. Not left him totally uninjured 2) Kesler is an ass hat. 3) The refs let Kesler hold Pronger so Pronger responded in kind. Refs could have prevented that. Honestly wasn't Prongers best option, should have just used his fist to punch him. But yeah. Pretty dumb on everyones part. But yeah, I'd say that's fairly better than "Yeaaaaa F Pominville". Because, you know what has he done to the Kings ever?

I guess I'm rooting for LA *barf* against the Wings since I don't want Detroit to make the playoffs and Sharks/Kings is already guaranteed for the playoffs.

I can never root for LA. I despise that team and their fans. It makes me sick just thinking about them winning the Cup.

Yay Tootoo!? Ugh... gonna have to shower after saying that. 

And there goes the octopus. That tradition is starting to err on the annoying side. Least it was in Detroit this time. 

Also anyone catch that look at Sutter after the penalty. Tonging the side of his mouth. Oh the humanity! It was horrible.

Sutter really makes the dumbest faces after a penalty. 

5 on 3 for the Wings! Doughty and Regher sit!

I hate the Wings, but nothing makes me smile more than:

a) the Ducks winning

b ) the Kings losing

but the little weasel got off without even a penalty.

Yes, that was a dirty chicken wing there, ChickenWing.  :P (couldn't resist)

This is my pet peeve. This hit on Roussel can be argued as to whether Brown really impacted his head or caused Roussel's own stick to hit his head, but Brown's intent to take a dirty blindside run is being completely dismissed by many people. LA fans are stuck on the notion that Brown may have his issues, but he isn't classified as 'dirty'. His intention was clearly dirty on this play, and the player was indeed injured, though I'm not sure to what extent, he was laid out. IMO, the result doesn't absolve him of the intent, which was dirty.

The ONLY reason Shannihan suspended Brown at all was so that he (Shannihan) could give Detriot as much help as he can  in winning the Kings/Wings game tonight and staying in the playoff hunt.

THE ONLY  REASON.

That's a BINGO.

A Kings loss always puts a smile on my face, I really don't care about DET missing the playoffs as much as others. LA just continues to give me confidence that home ice may actually mean something for once. 6 straight road loses in April.

Yes, that was a dirty chicken wing there, ChickenWing.  :P (couldn't resist)

This is my pet peeve. This hit on Roussel can be argued as to whether Brown really impacted his head or caused Roussel's own stick to hit his head, but Brown's intent to take a dirty blindside run is being completely dismissed by many people. LA fans are stuck on the notion that Brown may have his issues, but he isn't classified as 'dirty'. His intention was clearly dirty on this play, and the player was indeed injured, though I'm not sure to what extent, he was laid out. IMO, the result doesn't absolve him of the intent, which was dirty.

LOL..No problem man.

Just my opinion but Brown has grown so adept at making those dirty hits look so innocent that the league doesn't take a second look at him. In the case of Pominville, he hit someone that the league actually knows the name of so I guess Shanahan couldn't slither his way out of it. Now, Dustin Brown will hopefully have some eyes on him from the league and the refs.

but the little weasel got off without even a penalty.

Brown didn't deserve a suspension for that hit because it was shoulder contact to the chest.  Unfortunately for Roussel, his stick got wedged between the two of them and smacked Roussel in the face.  No penalty was called because it was a legal hit.

:wacko:The Mad Duckster :wacko: