The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Kings Catch All Thread

Brown didn't deserve a suspension for that hit because it was shoulder contact to the chest.  Unfortunately for Roussel, his stick got wedged between the two of them and smacked Roussel in the face.  No penalty was called because it was a legal hit.

:wacko:The Mad Duckster :wacko:

Upon further review, yeah I see what your talking about...but I stand by statement of calling Brown a little weasel. :tongue:

Brown didn't deserve a suspension for that hit because it was shoulder contact to the chest.  Unfortunately for Roussel, his stick got wedged between the two of them and smacked Roussel in the face.  No penalty was called because it was a legal hit.

Brown's hit was from late, from behind, vicious, and caused an injury... the bottom line is it didn't need to happen. It was a dirt-bag play, the same way Brown's knee on Roszival in last years WCF was a dirt-bag play.

Brown's hit was from late, from behind, vicious, and caused an injury... the bottom line is it didn't need to happen. It was a dirt-bag play, the same way Brown's knee on Roszival in last years WCF was a dirt-bag play.

Just to belabor the point some more, I don't agree it was a late hit.  Roussel had just dished the puck off and about 1/3 of a second elapsed from the pass to the hit. Are you saying that short amount of time constitutes a late hit? That's the reaction time of an average person.

Remember

by Mike Brown from the 2009 playoff series with the Red Wings?  We all were arguing that wasn't a late hit, but there was more time elapsed there than the Dustin Brown hit.  If the MB hit wasn't late then the DB hit wasn't either.

Nor do I agree it was a hit from behind.  The video evidence isn't debatable here. The point of contact was between the shoulder and chest of Roussel. I would agree it was a hit from the side though.

Vicious? Maybe. It did cause an injury, no doubt, but the injury was from the stick hitting Roussel in the face.

The bottom line is that, like it or not (and I know you don't like it), this was a legal open ice hit that unfortunately resulted in an injury.

Just to belabor the point some more, I don't agree it was a late hit.  Roussel had just dished the puck off and about 1/3 of a second elapsed from the pass to the hit. Are you saying that short amount of time constitutes a late hit? That's the reaction time of an average person.

Remember

by Mike Brown from the 2009 playoff series with the Red Wings?  We all were arguing that wasn't a late hit, but there was more time elapsed there than the Dustin Brown hit.  If the MB hit wasn't late then the DB hit wasn't either.

Nor do I agree it was a hit from behind.  The video evidence isn't debatable here. The point of contact was between the shoulder and chest of Roussel. I would agree it was a hit from the side though.

Vicious? Maybe. It did cause an injury, no doubt, but the injury was from the stick hitting Roussel in the face.

The bottom line is that, like it or not (and I know you don't like it), this was a legal open ice hit that unfortunately resulted in an injury.

Blindside hit, catches him going against the grain, leaves his feet a little to make sure the hit is high, flares his arm out at the last second to make contact, player is laid out injured... since when in today's NHL do you need more than that to warrant a penalty and a look from the league? Dirty player intending to make a dirty hit. His hit on Pominville in the very next game says it all, I'm not sure why anyone outside of LA gives him the benefit of the doubt anymore. And the Mike B. hit in '09 was widely believed to be worthy of a suspension, even among Anaheim fans. The league's stance on certain hits has obviously evolved since 2009. Let Mike B. make that same hit today and everyone would be up in arms... 5 games. As far as foil hats go, can you honestly tell me if Perry were the one making either of those hits that they wouldn't have thrown the book at him, on and off the ice? If you want a conspiracy theory look no further. 

On a side note, funny that both hits (DB and MB) were called by Daryl Reaugh. His reaction on both was that they were late. He may have influenced my stance on both, which in watching again neither seemed late. Maybe he's the problem here LOL.

Blindside hit, catches him going against the grain, leaves his feet a little to make sure the hit is high, flares his arm out at the last second to make contact, player is laid out injured... since when in today's NHL do you need more than that to warrant a penalty and a look from the league? Dirty player intending to make a dirty hit. His hit on Pominville in the very next game says it all, I'm not sure why anyone outside of LA gives him the benefit of the doubt anymore. And the Mike B. hit in '09 was widely believed to be worthy of a suspension, even among Anaheim fans. The league's stance on certain hits has obviously evolved since 2009. Let Mike B. make that same hit today and everyone would be up in arms... 5 games. As far as foil hats go, can you honestly tell me if Perry were the one making either of those hits that they wouldn't have thrown the book at him, on and off the ice? If you want a conspiracy theory look no further. 

On a side note, funny that both hits (DB and MB) were called by Daryl Reaugh. His reaction on both was that they were late. He may have influenced my stance on both, which in watching again neither seemed late. Maybe he's the problem here LOL.

Exactly.  I wish the league would call more Unsportmanlike penalties when players intend to injury other playing and/or suspend them.   :o

Brown has some skill, no doubt, so he is not just a goon, he's a goon with skill.   :P

Remember

I'm not debating it wasn't a legal hit. I'm saying that's the type of hit the NHL wants to eliminate from the game; vicious and unnecessary, even flagrent. Brown has been playing reckless in the same way Ovechkin's play was reckless a few seasons ago... reckless as in I'm going to knock guys out of this game reckless. He keeps playing the way he plays and he's going to end someone's career - it's just a matter of time.

I'm not debating it wasn't a legal hit. I'm saying that's the type of hit the NHL wants to eliminate from the game; vicious and unnecessary, even flagrent. Brown has been playing reckless in the same way Ovechkin's play was reckless a few seasons ago... reckless as in I'm going to knock guys out of this game reckless. He keeps playing the way he plays and he's going to end someone's career - it's just a matter of time.

Fair enough Ian. I'm not sure I agree totally but I understand your point.

One last thing.  If Roussel's stick had not hit him in the face we wouldn't be having this discussion.

2-1 so far, Guppies are hanging in there but don't have much punch.

The Kopitar/Clifford line looks like the Walking Dead line. Those are two boys with some creepy peepers!

A real slick give n go play puts LA up 3-1, this one looks over.

So... STL-LA, and VAN-SJ.

Both STL and VAN have something to prove against their respective opps. Should be good.

Yikes, EDM just blew out VAN 7-2!  :o

Well, looks like L.A. already won their first series. Yup, so now that L.A. won a series immediately following a Cup, sorry guys; they are officially the better franchise. Sucks but c'est la vie!

Well, looks like L.A. already won their first series. Yup, so now that L.A. won a series immediately following a Cup, sorry guys; they are officially the better franchise. Sucks but c'est la vie!

I hear they already have their 2013 SC banner half raised, and there is already a line forming to see the Cup in person! 

Be a sport will you, and post some pics when you get there in your quadruple split "Quick-Couture-Bobrovsky-FowlerSucks" jersey.

LOL. Actually, it would be a Doughty-Couture-Bob-FowlerSucks jersey.

Lmao, that rolls off the tongue so much smoother. Although, buy the end of round one I'd wager Jim Jam makes it on there somewhere.  ;)

When Anaheim matches 45 years of futility the Kings will certainly be the better franchise.

Just 39 more years to go!

Lol. Believe it or not but I hate the Kings more than anyone else in the world.

We know, you've jumped on the Red Wings bandwagon now. The Kings were so like, last week duh. 

Lol. Believe it or not but I hate the Kings more than anyone else in the world.

i needed good chuckle before work, thanks

A real slick give n go play puts LA up 3-1, this one looks over.

So... STL-LA, and VAN-SJ.

Both STL and VAN have something to prove against their respective opps. Should be good.

Yikes, EDM just blew out VAN 7-2!  :o

I expect the STL-LA series to be the most physical in the first round. If Backes doesn't lay out Brown at some point, I'll be disappointed.

I expect the STL-LA series to be the most physical in the first round. If Backes doesn't lay out Brown at some point, I'll be disappointed.

Amen to that. He could do me a solid and take out Brown, Stoll, and Doughty. I'd get a Backes jersey if that happens, my new hero.

Looks like STL is up a goal already, hopefully that's a sign of good thing to come. Kings on the PP as I write this... shocking!  :o

Could tonight get any better?

Great puck handling, Quick. Hahahahaha

The Kings will bounce back strong. Just like DET. Big whoop first game for both teams!

It's pretty clear you're not a Ducks fan and the board is 100% open to all fans, but please be more forthcoming about your allegiances. Very uncool to 'pretend' you're an Anaheim fan OK. 

I think I remember someone and the media talking about the Kings winning the series against St. Louis 4-0.  REALLY?? I guess that was disproven in the first game last night!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The Kings will bounce back strong. Just like DET. Big whoop first game for both teams!

The Ref Wings were outplayed in every zone and in net. LA was flat out dominated. Thanks for all your hard work!