The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kings_Attack

Sharks Catch All Thread

Now there are some guys who are playing every night.

Marleau: 4 consecutive multi-goal games, tied for a record 96 years ago.

Niemi: Doesn't look like an awful goalie after all.

Thornton: 11 pts., 4 games

They've won every game and rocked the Canucks. All this WITHOUT Brent Burns. It's popular to talk about SJ and choking, but this team might actually be for real. They do it all right and they added Gomez for playoff leadership.

Sharks are playing good but teams start out hot and as the season goes on some of those teams start to cool off. I'm not going to make too much into five games because even the Oilers were on the top of the standings last season in the first ten games. I don't remember who told me this but in hockey, the regular season is a marathon and the playoffs are a war of attrition.

Well... to be fair, no way Marleau stays that hot...

He just got 1 more goal and 1 assist against Vancouver. 9 goals, 13 points in 5 games. Their next game is against our Ducks. I love the Ducks... But. Oh, he`ll stay hot. For at least 1 more game.

Yeah, inevitably but the Sharks could probably still win since they're not a one-line team.San Jose will win the division, it looks like.

4 games in and their the division champs!

Sharks are playing good but teams start out hot and as the season goes on some of those teams start to cool off. I'm not going to make too much into five games because even the Oilers were on the top of the standings last season in the first ten games. I don't remember who told me this but in hockey, the regular season is a marathon and the playoffs are a war of attrition.

Yeah but the Oilers suck. SJ is a powerhouse and they look a lot better and more determined than last season.

4 games in and their the division champs!

Well, the Ducks sure aren't going to challenge them. It's between L.A., Phoenix and SJ for the division. Dallas might steal a playoff spot and so the Ducks might be the only Pacific team not making it a lot like how the Pacific was 2 years ago.

I'm saying your putting so much stock into these teams only several games in....i can't wait for SJ to go on a skid and look normal.

I think that this is the year SJ gets it together, respectfully. They haven't even been playing with Burns. Niemi is now starting to play like a good acquisition, like a number one goalie. If it was a longer season, I'd probably agree but 48 games suits the Sharks perfectly.

Well, the Ducks sure aren't going to challenge them. It's between L.A., Phoenix and SJ for the division. Dallas might steal a playoff spot and so the Ducks might be the only Pacific team not making it a lot like how the Pacific was 2 years ago.

I don't feel so sold on PHX, and while I think SJ does look to be on another level, I would never put so much stock in a perennial choker. Wasn't it Roenick that grabbed the mic after a game when SJ was setting franchise records (regular season) and everyone pegged them as contenders, he said "Watch out everybody, San Jose is on a roll!"... AAAANNNNNNDDDD choke. Golfing.

L.A. is certainly better than 1-3 or whatever their record is. They're definitely in the mix for the Pacific. DAL is better than in recent years. The only weak team in the division is the Ducks. SJ is more than aware of their label and they realize their window is closing, so I expect to see them play accordingly. With a second line of Havlat and Couture, they are much better than years past.Everyone keeps overlooking them around the league because of their history of "choking", but I am seeing a more determined team.

Good points QA, I pretty much agree. In this short season though, little adversities might be huge different makers with the games all being within the conference, those three point games make it so difficult to make up ground. Dallas just put Roy on IR, and Jagr is day-to-day with back issues (spasms?). Anything could happen in this short season, I think luck will be a huge factor for every team.

second in the division, but obviously the weakest, interesting. i'm looking forward to wednesday.

tuesday rather

Second after 4 games. You're saying I'm judging too harshly with a short sample, but you're way too optimistic with the same small sample.

Second after 4 games. You're saying I'm judging too harshly with a short sample, but you're way too optimistic with the same small sample.

And the same could be said about you over rating teams, LA has looked like pure garbage and every much their record. No use trying to argue you'll find some way to bash this team, I'll let them play it out and do the talk for me.

L.A. looks like "pure garbage" but they have a much, MUCH better team than their record indicates and are way better than the Ducks. It'll manifest itself when the Ducks lose the Freeway Faceoff again this season.

The Kings will turn it around, I guarantee it. There's no way they finish under .500.

I'm sure they won't, but PHX lost key guys and mike smith has a lower body injury. Dallas is old and jagr looks pretty hurt judging by this jackets game. I just don't see how you can peg the ducks as the bottom feeder of this division. Our leading scorer is dan freakin winnik, just wait till perry and bobby turn it on, along with teemu. Not to mention getz is looking to have a bounce back season, and possibly a solid backup netminder in Fasth.

Canucks are fairly beat up, other then that they havnt really played much. They are riding a hot power play 32 attempts in 5 games compared to our 11 in 4 games.

Their top 2 lines are good, but their 3rd and 4th are average at best and that may be a stretch.

Niemi is an average goalie at best.

Niemi is playing very, very well. Maybe he's not the crummy, overrated goalie I thought he was. Yeah, I thought their bottom 6 looked kinda weak but the addition of Gomez is paying dividends and I am sure they can easily shore it up before the deadline. It's much easier to trade for a solid bottom 6 than a top 6 in time for a playoff run.

They win in the shootout again. Their last 2 games they have come back to earth somewhat.

They were much better tonight than last night. Sharks....2013 Stanley Cup champs? I'd be OK with that. They're respectable and always play hard. Good fans, too.

I don't mind the Sharks. I wish they had won last season instead of the Kings.

Hup, 2-0 now. 7-0, go Sharks!

They were much better tonight than last night. Sharks....2013 Stanley Cup champs? I'd be OK with that. They're respectable and always play hard. Good fans, too.

Wow.

Were the Ducks already eliminated from the playoffs?