The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kings_Attack

Sharks Catch All Thread

Based on this ruling, I would expect a heavy suspension for Scott. Realistically, I don't think the league is going to do much more than try to take care of this with as little fanfare as possible.

http://nhlsuspensions.com/blog/2011/09/27/jean-francois-jacques-suspended-for-preseason-and-5-regular-season-games/

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=736409&navid=nhl:topheads

2 games for Scott

Scott was on the ice under 4 minutes during the Ducks Sharks game.  He is a waste of a roster space.  Not a great fighter - just a big man.  He will not resolve the Sharks playoff problems.  Are you really going to suit up this guy come playoff time. He was brought in as a deterrent.  LOL,   2 games is OK considering the legal line change.  Video saved his bacon from the 10 game auto....

I like how the Ducks responded.  It just wasn't their night.  

So John Scott may be a worthless goon, and waste of a roster spot, but I'm sure the Sharks don't like the likes of Little Joe Pavelski getting the royal crap kicked out of himself.  I didn't think Jackman should have messed with pickles, but Scott set the tone of last night's event. Hope Scott gets a couple of games suspension.  Wish it were 10, but it looks like the line change was "legal."  If he doesn't tame down his goon act, other measures can be taken which are well known to NHL players, but left unsaid.

This.

They had golden opportunities galore and just couldn't cash in. 

Scott was on the ice under 4 minutes during the Ducks Sharks game.  He is a waste of a roster space.  Not a great fighter - just a big man.  He will not resolve the Sharks playoff problems.  Are you really going to suit up this guy come playoff time. He was brought in as a deterrent.  LOL,   2 games is OK considering the legal line change.  Video saved his bacon from the 10 game auto....

Unless I read and heard wrong, JF Jacques of the Ducks got over 5 games off the same legal line change play.

Hat tricks in losing efforts are the worst lol. Look no further than Perry's vs Pitts.

After all the hype, Dallas sits dead last in the Central with 12 points. They sure are struggling, even with the holes on defense they should be doing much better than they are. The Sharks are underwhelming as well, they're sort of just hanging around, I expect them to pick it up soon and trade places with one of Calgary or Vancouver as they come down to earth.

Hat tricks in losing efforts are the worst lol. Look no further than Perry's vs Pitts.

After all the hype, Dallas sits dead last in the Central with 12 points. They sure are struggling, even with the holes on defense they should be doing much better than they are. The Sharks are underwhelming as well, they're sort of just hanging around, I expect them to pick it up soon and trade places with one of Calgary or Vancouver as they come down to earth.

I think it's clear that whilst Spezza may have improved the offence, he's done little to improve the back-end and has probably made it worse. Hemsky has been a complete flop. 1pt in 14 games and he's a defensive liability also. Makes me even more appreciative that we've got a Kesler and his awesome shutdown ability. 

Agreed on SJ too. They should be able to handle the inevitable injuries that will occur throughout the season better than Calgary or Vancouver. Also, we've seen last night and hopefully tonight, that, unlike SJ, Vancouver can't hang with the big boys like LA or Anaheim. They're record is inflated because of playing Edmonton so many times this early in the season.

Roussel... class act. Watch for the sucker punch at 0:25 after he takes down Stalock for no good reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5FBUVF67qs

To be fair, what was Stalock doing? 

The sucker punch is the least I expect from a guy like him. I know that we have Perry and Kesler, but Roussel is a guy who sole purpose is to injure players and rile the opposition. Wonder if John Scott will have a couple words with Roussel next time these two play?

To be fair, what was Stalock doing? 

The sucker punch is the least I expect from a guy like him. I know that we have Perry and Kesler, but Roussel is a guy who sole purpose is to injure players and rile the opposition. Wonder if John Scott will have a couple words with Roussel next time these two play?

Yeah, weird play by Stalock for sure. But Roussel wasn't trying to knock the puck down, he just decked Stalock. Perry would have at least tried to hide his intentions better lol. 

I can only dream that Scott decides he needs a month vacation from hockey and uses Rooster's face to make it happen. You know you're a POS when you are on the same team as Garbutt and still manage to stand out for shenanigans.

Yeah, weird play by Stalock for sure. But Roussel wasn't trying to knock the puck down, he just decked Stalock. Perry would have at least tried to hide his intentions better lol. 

I can only dream that Scott decides he needs a month vacation from hockey and uses Rooster's face to make it happen. You know you're a POS when you are on the same team as Garbutt and still manage to stand out for shenanigans.

Totally, or I'd take Scott pile driving Brown against LA. Of all the players in the league, he's the most dangerous, the most persistent offender and the player I hate most.

In all honesty, I'd gladly have a player like Garbutt or Roussel on the Ducks team. Whilst the hit on Stalock was uncalled for and rather blatant, I think Stalock made a meal of it. Dustin Brown, on the other hand, is just scum. 

I wonder if Pronger was thinking to himself, "Man, I wish he was playing while I was in Anaheim at the top of my game." Would have loved to see some Pronger physics in action.

Roussel was fined for the hit on Braun.

The fine system is ridiculous. It should be a percentage of wages. $6,000 may be something to Roussel who takes home over $1mil after tax, but that's nothing to a guy that makes over $3-5mil after tax. What a pointless penalty system.