The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kings_Attack

Sharks Catch All Thread

SJ isn't playing bad at all, Chicago really is just that good, almost good enough to beat us!

Chicago is good, no doubt, but they've also gotten a ton of puck luck...

Then again, so have we to an extent. With them, it looks more like creating your own luck to me. Doing all the right things and making the most of good bounces. Mark of a good team. I hate to sound like a notorious other poster, but I think we've been more on the side of just plain lucky.

Clowe came off the bench and jumped Shaw!? Ripped the crap out of his jersey, should have been a major penalty, no?

I believe the NHL is reviewing it with an in-person interview... but we all know that Clowe's been allowed to do things while on the bench before (cough-cough).

That said, if it is determined he left the bench illegally, he will be assessed an automatic 10-game suspension without pay and his club is fined $10,000.

I believe the NHL is reviewing it with an in-person interview... but we all know that Clowe's been allowed to do things while on the bench before (cough-cough).

That said, if it is determined he left the bench illegally, he will be assessed an automatic 10-game suspension without pay and his club is fined $10,000.

Something tells me SJ fans are hoping for the 10 games.

Has he been that bad?

He's been getting dumped on all season by Sharks fans, he and D. Murray seem to be the goats. Poked in on the Sharks boards to see some reaction from the Hawks game, and they were ripping Clowe and Murray apart.

Everybody has their Sutton and Mara's. And in some instances their Fowler's...

0-2 in Dallas now...

Here's my fearless San Jose prediction... Lindsey Ruff before the season is over.

0-2 in Dallas now...

Here's my fearless San Jose prediction... Lindsey Ruff before the season is over.

Finishing 1st in the Pacific three out of four years and two conference final trips doesn't cut it anymore? That's rough.

Larson and Wingles just crashed into the boards in what had to be the worst tandem spill I've ever seen...

(they called a penalty but it just looked like a bad double fall)

Finishing 1st in the Pacific three out of four years and two conference final trips doesn't cut it anymore? That's rough.

Finishing 1st in the Pacific three out of four years and two conference final trips without a Cup and with a closing window definitely won't cut it. Firing McLellan in favor of a guy who got lucky once, riding on the coattails of Hasek? That's crazy. The Sharks simply suck past their top guys.

Pretty entertaining game, Dallas is playing well, but seriously, how does SJ only manage one goal against Nilstrop? They just look so flat. Does Joe have to fight every other top center in the league before his team gets the message? The Sharks are in a bad funk, the same kind that the Ducks had when Carlyle was fired. I think zther's right, time for a shakeup before the season gets too far out of reach.

Larson and Wingles just crashed into the boards in what had to be the worst tandem spill I've ever seen...

(they called a penalty but it just looked like a bad double fall)

No kidding, Wingles shook it off, but Larson looked concussion-worthy. Both players hits looked worse than Malkin's.

Sharks blow a 3-1 lead heading into the third, and lose in OT to the Blues 4-3.

Niemi gets pulled after letting in back to back softies...

Lol NWR, Burns looks like TeenWolf there.  :lol:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned TM's desperation move of playing Burns as a forward. The guy is out injured for a big stretch and comes back to play as a forward!? Then he ends up putting up goals and playing great, he's a pretty darn impressive athlete. (Wouldn't he look great in a Ducks jersey?  ;) )

That being said the Sharks look desperate for forward depth. They need to make some moves soon, tweak the roster or even a coaching change.

Watching the SJ-Minny game and Minnesota looks like they are slowly getting it together. The Sharks not so much. They seem to be hanging in there most games, but there's just something missing. I honestly think even thought SJ is in the playoff picture, they should blow things up at the deadline and regroup for next season. Re-tool around Thornton, Couture, Burns, Niemi, Boyle/Stuart (for now), Pavelski, and the youngsters. That team needs a shake up. I'd dump TM also. There are better options out there, and he's had his chance to take them deep, much like Boudreau in Washinton.

Watching the SJ-Minny game and Minnesota looks like they are slowly getting it together. The Sharks not so much. They seem to be hanging in there most games, but there's just something missing. I honestly think even thought SJ is in the playoff picture, they should blow things up at the deadline and regroup for next season. Re-tool around Thornton, Couture, Burns, Niemi, Boyle/Stuart (for now), Pavelski, and the youngsters. That team needs a shake up. I'd dump TM also. There are better options out there, and he's had his chance to take them deep, much like Boudreau in Washinton.

I have to think they're sellers at the deadline.

I have to think they're sellers at the deadline.

Unless Wilson gets into the same pickle Murray was a couple years ago. If they still hold down a playoff spot and he starts shedding players, that could cause fans to jump ship and assume the worst for next year and beyond. Ticket sales could take a major hit. Maybe he's better to ride it out, hope for a second round appearance, then do the dirty work in the summer.

EDIT: I just contradicted myself there lol, I guess I'm curious if there's another angle to consider.

The Sharks just unloaded Handzus to Chicago for a 4th rd. pick.

It's a tricky situation to say the least. They seem to have caught a second wind, thanks in part to our Ducks (ever the slump-busters), and are currently sitting in a playoff spot. They need to shed some of these older players, and start revamping for next season, but it could end up costing them the playoffs. 

Now that teams can keep salary from a traded player and what do they do now?  They trade players for picks like if they weren't absorbing any salary.  I think SJ did well in trading assets away.  If they can re-tool that will help them stay competitive but either way it was best for them to part ways with those players before they leave and get nothing in return.  I feel like SJ is doing what Murray had to do when Burke skipped town for family reasons back in '08-09.  

Now that teams can keep salary from a traded player and what do they do now?  They trade players for picks like if they weren't absorbing any salary.  I think SJ did well in trading assets away.  If they can re-tool that will help them stay competitive but either way it was best for them to part ways with those players before they leave and get nothing in return.  I feel like SJ is doing what Murray had to do when Burke skipped town for family reasons back in '08-09.  

ROFL.

We've heard from two (unofficial) but different sources why he was fired from Toronto. Hazel Mae.