Photo

Ducks Vs Wings 5-2-13

GDT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
724 replies to this topic

#1 IEDuckfans

IEDuckfans

• Moderators
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

large.png VS large.png

(Anaheim leads best-of-7 series 1-0)

TIME : 7:00 PM Ducks Time

TV: RDS, TSN, NBCSN, FS-D, PRIME

RADIO : ESPN 710

Big Story: The Anaheim Ducks' power play came up big in Game 1, getting the game's opening goal from Nick Bonino on the man-advantage, then Teemu Selanne's game-winner 1:29 into the third in a 3-1 victory against the Detroit Red Wings at Honda Center.

Team Scope:

Red Wings: The day after Game 1, Detroit coach Mike Babcock kept his team off the ice, instead letting the players get in a game of soccer in the California sun.

He stayed at work, though, and despite the 3-1 loss, he wasn't considering much in the way of lineup changes. That means Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk will remain linemates, despite the pairing combining for four shots on goal and a minus-2 rating Tuesday.

It also means veteran forwards Mikael Samuelsson and Todd Bertuzzi, who might be close to returning, might have to spend another game on the sideline.

"I think it's great to have veterans that are ready to go," Babcock told the Detroit Free Press. "But if you haven't played the whole year, I've got to hope that it's going. I haven't spent a whole lot of time feeding my family on hope. It's usually on know. So that's the part. So, sleep on it one more time, and decide."

Ducks: Selanne has scored a lot of goals in his career, but he said seeing the red light go on never gets old.

"When you have a passion for scoring goals, it doesn't matter who old you are," Selanne said after scoring his 42nd Stanley Cup Playoff goal. "Maybe the celebrations go down a little bit, but inside it's the same feeling."

The 42-year-old scored 12 goals this season, but five times went more than four games without a goal, including a nine-game drought. However, Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau never had any doubts.

"I've known him long enough that you can tell when he has his legs early," Boudreau said. "The puck was following him a little bit [Tuesday]. I didn't know if he was going to score, but I knew when he was on the ice there was going to be a chance."

Who's hot: Selanne's game-winner was his 11th game-winner.

Injury report: Darren Helm (back) and Drew Miller (finger) are out for the Red Wings, and Samuelsson (pectoral) and Bertuzzi (back) are questionable. … Ducks defenseman Luca Sbisa (lower body) is questionable.

#2 IEDuckfans

IEDuckfans

• Moderators
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

LETS GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

#3 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,301 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

Woohoo! Game two tonight, hope the Ponda is insanely loud and rockus again. I've heard so many RW fans tipping their hats to the atmosphere in game one, even saying it was louder than 2007. It's nice to see our fans step up like that.

I expect this to be a much tougher game, the Ref Wings opted to play an outdoor soccer game rather than spend time on the ice, so they are bringing their A game for drawing calls. We need to bring a strong PK and Hiller hopefully continues to beast. The big line was given every opportunity to dominate in game one but just couldn't put it together. Tonight they need to make it happen, the Wings have no answer. I also expect Dats and Hank to be on the same line again, which means shut them down and this game looks just like the last one. 

Beat the Ref Wings, GO DUCKS!

#4 1getzlaffan

1getzlaffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

I'm looking forward to going to game 2 tonight and letting any RW's fan within earshot hear my thunderous applause and support for our Ducks.  This is our team and it never fails to amaze me how awesome it is to be a Duck's fan!  Go Ducks!

#5 gotchabari

gotchabari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Refs tonight don't ring a bell, so good thing.  

I have not been able to determine if Kozari and/or Lee have reffed elsewhere, eyt.  They did NOT on Tuesday, but I haven't looked at yesterday's games.

#6 gotchabari

gotchabari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

I see a record of Chris Lee reffing last night's Bruins/Leafs game.

On the same site, it still shows Kozari's last game as April 28th.  Absent an official list of NHL Playoff refs, I'm hoping this is a great sign!

#7 streamline

streamline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Can't wait for ponda to explode again tonight, lets get a nice early lead in the series, LETS GO DUCKS!

#8 gotchabari

gotchabari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Nope...

Official first round list.

Referees: Paul Devorski #10, Eric Furlatt #27, Marc Joannette #25, Greg Kimmerly #18, Tom Kowal #32, Steve Kozari #40, Mike Leggo #3, Chris Lee #28, Wes McCauley #4, Brad Meier #34, Dan O'Halloran #13, Dan O'Rourke #9, Tim Peel #20, Brian Pochmara #16, Kevin Pollack #33, Chris Rooney #5, Kelly Sutherland #11, Francois St-Laurent #38, Brad Watson #23, Stephen Walkom #24.

Linesmen: Derek Amell #75, Steve Barton #59, David Brisebois #96, Lonnie Cameron #74, Scott Cherrey #50, Greg Devorski $54, Scott Driscoll #68, Darren Gibbs #66, Don Henderson #91, Shane Heyer #55, Brad Kovachik #71, Brad Lazarowich #86, Steve Miller #89, Jean Morin #97, Brian Murphy #93, Jonny Murray #95, Tim Nowak #77, Pierre Racicot #65, Jay Sharrers #57, Mark Wheler #56.

#9 lovemyducks

lovemyducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

I saw the Game notes somewhere and now they are not there. Anyway, I do remember seeing that Stephen Walkom #24 is one of the refs.

Let's Go DUCKS....BEAT DETROIT..Hope Honda Center is rocking again tonight. I got lots of sleep last night..ready to go now..

LoveMyDucks..

#10 gorbachav5

gorbachav5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Let's go Ducks!  This game is huge.  Going into Detroit with a 2-0 series lead would be great!  Let's rock the building tonight!

#11 MarcNoel

MarcNoel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

This is going to be a more difficult game for the Ducks than game1. Detroit will bring their A+ game tonight. No doubt they came to Anaheim with the goal of talking home ice away from the Ducks and now time is running out to do that.

Its' early in the series but with the regular season these two teams had this looks like being a pivotal game, Ducks could gain the mommentum of a runaway train if they go 2-0 on the otherside of the coin if the Red Wings bring it back to 1-1 this could turn into a seven game dog fight.

Ducks will have to match the Red Wings first period intensity, if they can do that and then push back even harder they will be just fine, net minders will probably be the deciding factor tonight and the Ducks need another strong performance from Jonas Hiller who appeared energized in game 1.

#12 gorbachav5

gorbachav5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

According to Craig Custance at ESPN, Bertuzzi is in for the Wings tonight.

#13 dtsdlaw

dtsdlaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

They're going to be chipping a lot of pucks in tonight and trying to muscle up on our D-men. We have to make sure to clear pucks and make safe outlet passes when we have the chance so our guys don't get run over behind our own net.

#14 dangle411

dangle411

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Yeah, Eric Stephens is reporting the same thing along with it looking like Tootoo will be coming out.

#15 ducksnpucks93

ducksnpucks93

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Correct he is in tonight.  Anyone know what our line up is? I hope Etem and Beleskey are in tonight.  Those guys add a toughness we need to combat TooToo and Bertuzzi.

Edited by silvrmw, 02 May 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#16 ducksFANjason

ducksFANjason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, Eric Stephens is reporting the same thing along with it looking like Tootoo will be coming out.

Oh good... Just when I thought I'd seen the end of that guy, he puts in an appearance again. Something about him just irks me, you know?

Edited by selanneishockey, 02 May 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#17 gorbachav5

gorbachav5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Oh good... Just when I thought I'd seen the end of that guy, he puts in an appearance again. Something about him just irks me, you know?

Maybe the fact that he ended a dude's career with a sucker punch to the neck?  

#18 ducksnpucks93

ducksnpucks93

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Maybe the fact that he ended a dude's career with a sucker punch to the neck?

And he had to go to the NHL substance abuse program for alcohol.

Edited by silvrmw, 02 May 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#19 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

2561652917_b598cd22a1.jpg

I don't understand what's happening in this picture, but I love it.

GO DUCKS.

#20 nieder

nieder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Refs are Greg Kimmerly and Stephen Walkhom

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2015 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   NHL TicketExchange  Site Map AdChoices