The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

New Head Coach In Denver

Yes! A new coach with anger issues. Those are always the most entertaining. 

I'd have tried to lure Tippett away from Phoenix.

Roy is a good feel-good hire, but that franchise should be playing it safe and smart PARTICULARLY after the O'Ryan O'Reilly  episode last season...

I'd have tried to lure Tippett away from Phoenix.

Roy is a good feel-good hire, but that franchise should be playing it safe and smart PARTICULARLY after the O'Ryan O'Reilly  episode last season...

Tippett to Vancouver?

Roy is no doubt a PR move with Sakic on board as well.

One thing for sure, with Tororella probably on his way out :( , Roy will add some color to the league.

Tippett to Vancouver?

Roy is no doubt a PR move with Sakic on board as well.

One thing for sure, with Tororella probably on his way out :( , Roy will add some color to the league.

Don Maloney was re-signed by Phoenix so Tippet most likely will be re-signed there as well.

Don Maloney was re-signed by Phoenix so Tippet most likely will be re-signed there as well.

I bet he goes if he gets an offer from Vancouver or the Rangers. Most guys would probably rather coach one of those teams than Phoenix.

It's quite unusual for an incumbent coach to end the season without a contract.

I bet he goes if he gets an offer from Vancouver or the Rangers. Most guys would probably rather coach one of those teams than Phoenix.

It's quite unusual for an incumbent coach to end the season without a contract.

True, but the wait might have been on Maloney as mentioned by CW.

Maloney might be the most under-rated GM in the league. Tippett has to like working under him vs someone like Gillis (Vancouver) or Sather (NYR).

Tippet also had a new home built in the Phoenix area so it sounds like he had no intention of leaving unless the Coyotes situation went south real fast. If Roy wouldn't have taken the job in Colorado, Tippet would have been perfect for the Avs.