The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PetrSykora

2013-2014 Uniform Watch

As a hockey sweater-aficionado, I'm real excited about the uniform updates we will be seeing before the new season.

Carolina revealed their new uniforms today.

060413_canes.jpg

Dallas will also reveal their much anticipated rebranding today.

Other teams expected to update their uniforms include Minnesota, Montreal, and San Jose (according to icethetics). With all the outdoor games planned, we can also expect to see a bunch of new old sweaters. It should be a fun summer for jersey lovers.

Kind of surprising list as those teams have great jerseys IMO. Wouldn't mind the Ducks jumping on that ship. Definitely will be interesting with the outdoor games as well.

Kind of surprising list as those teams have great jerseys IMO. Wouldn't mind the Ducks jumping on that ship. Definitely will be interesting with the outdoor games as well.

It's all just early speculation. Minnesota will probably make a road uniform to match either their beautiful Mighty Duck ripoff alternates or their red home sweaters. I can't imagine Montreal changing what they've worn since dinosaurs roamed the earth but it could just be an alternate throwback they're adding or maybe something subtle like a lace-up collar. No clue what San Jose would be looking at changing except maybe removing the player numbers from the front (fingers crossed). 

The SJ sweaters are just a mess. There's too much going on. 

I always wondered what would happen if they were to make the Stanley Cup Finals.. Where would the patch go? Especially this year with that memorial patch they had on their chest. 

I like the classic look to the Carolina designs. Even though they are a relatively new franchise they aren't afraid to use traditional stripes, something I wish Anaheim would do.

This is something I have always felt too. They are just too busy. Even if they simply removed the player number from the front of the jersey it would look so much better.

I always wondered what would happen if they were to make the Stanley Cup Finals.. Where would the patch go? Especially this year with that memorial patch they had on their chest. 

Half the reason I was rooting for SJ! What would they do!

Well here they are! The new Dallas Stars!

BL9F98yCUAImd5J.jpg

Hmmm... Kinda on the fence with this one. I like the striping and color scheme. But the logo is butt ugly.

BL9F98yCUAImd5J.jpg

I like these. A modern logo but on a traditional looking jersey with simple stripes.

Also much better than the crappy jerseys they have now which look like football jerseys.

Also good to see another team in the NHL wearing a color other than black or red.

Only the Stars would subject us to 6 games a year of the most boring uniform set in maybe all of sports and then change to one of the nicer colour schemes in the league (GREEN! FINALLY!) once they leave our division... God I hate Dallas  :lol:

edit: Mike Modano and Jamie Benn modelling the new look:

BL9IpQSCEAAA_mc.jpg

That green is awesome.

At first glance i thought the new Dal jerseys were ugly, but when i really looked at them and then the live pic i change my mind.

I like Dallas' new jerseys, but the logo looks "off-center" to me. Perhaps they centered it based off the width of the 'star', but since it's tilting, it looks off to me.

! DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT SILLINESS. SILLY SALLY SAID STOP.

If you draw a line in the center of the jersey, 41% of the logo is on the right side. But I do like the color scheme and the logo. And overall the jersey too.

As for Carolina; their white jersey is quite nice. Their away jersey ... I really dislike the fact that they have 3 stripes that are of equal width. And the logo is placed too high up IMO (on their red jerseys).

BL9F98yCUAImd5J.jpg

Dallas Ducks!

I love the stripes, but the D? I actually feel bad for the fans...

BL9F98yCUAImd5J.jpg

Love it. I wish the green wasn't quite so soft, but it is growing on me. The whites are missing something, can't put my finger on it. Maybe a little variance in the striping? Maybe the green stripe could be a bit wider... not sure. Anyhow, when it all comes together with the pants, socks, etc. it should be one of the better re-vamps I've seen in a while. 

NOT, a big fan of the new logo btw. There was so much more they could have done there. Even a little splash of color would have made it pop more... it just sooooooo bland.Stars_Jerseys_1.png

I don't mind the logo. It's not that good, but it's not bad either.

I don't mind the logo. It's not that good, but it's not bad either.

It looks better on the whites where it gets the green outline around the star, gives it a bit more interest. 

Where is it at? Can't find it online.

img21623278.jpg

That took obnoxiously long to find. And then find one that would be able to post. Anyway. The number over the right shoulder. Then the numerals over the left shoulder. What happens if they go far into the post season and they need the room for the Cup badges?

img21623278.jpg

That took obnoxiously long to find. And then find one that would be able to post. Anyway. The number over the right shoulder. Then the numerals over the left shoulder. What happens if they go far into the post season and they need the room for the Cup badges?

Lmao! Good one poum.

img21623278.jpg

Oh, I mistakenly thought SJ was debuting new jerseys as well. Those aren't such bad ones. Simplified, i.e. putting the numbers where they belong, would make those beauties.

With Phoenix soon to become the Arizona Coyotes, chances are they'll be losing the shoulder patch on their sweaters. Personally I don't like it when the shoulders are bare. Phoenix.. err Arizona already has a simple uniform as is. Ditching the patch will make them boring. I hope they can redesign something to put there before September rolls around.

According to Kelly Pegula, daughter of the Sabres owner, we can expect to see a sneak peek at the new Buffalo third uniform tomorrow. Early speculation suggests that they're going the Nashville route and making the sweater gold. I've never really been a fan of a jersey being predominantly yellow (unless it's the Swedish national team) but it will definitely be interesting to see what they do with this. As far as Buffalo goes, it can't get any worse than the slug can it?

New Sharks uniforms!

0820-sjs-wave01.png

SJS_WEB_NewJerseyHome_950x741v2.jpg

SJS_WEB_NewJerseyAway_950x741.jpg

Not entirely sure what to think of them.. Their previous uniforms were perfect as is in my opinion (well, if you took away the stupid numbers on the front)