The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duxfan1101

Lecavalier To Philly

Can't be much worse than they already have... And according to Capgeek, they are now over the cap. I'm assuming they'll try to trade Cobourn, Meszaros, Timonen, Simmonds, or a combination of them

I'd take him at 4.5 but not for 5 years.

Exactly my thoughts. 

And move some now expendable pieces for Miller or Hiller?

At $4.5M a season he is a pretty good buy.

Philly now has cap trouble again. $300k over the cap for next season, and they still need to add a backup goaltender (though they have 14 forwards and 8 defensemen signed, so they are not quite as bad off as a team like Vancouver who have to sign a bunch of players with about $3M). If they still want Bobby they are going to have to dump some salary first.

I posted this out in a different forum, but it probably belongs here....

Capgeek's numbers are a little skewed right now. They are currently counting 24 signed players, including Pronger's $4.9M and also a few of the young guys (like Akeson and McGinn) who may or may not be on the team. They also have 9 D-men currently counting against the cap (including Pronger), so at least one more D-man will likely be moved/waived/LTIR'd/sent down - probably Coburn who has only a limited NTC in his contract and who is being pursued by a lot of teams. So in reality, they will still be a few million bucks below the cap, even with the Vinny signing. With that, they can add a UFA goalie and some 4th line players. Moving Schenn's $3.1M cap hit could get them a nice trade return on a goalie too. Again, I think a Schenn+ for Miller trade makes the most sense for them.

Poop that's a good price for him.  Not really sure why people don't like the 5 year deal for this guy.  He's only 33 right now, and by the end of the contract he'll be 38, the same age as Saku.  We're paying Saku $3mil a year to take draws.  Vinny's a point a game guy, 6'4 monster of a center, he would solve Ducks 2nd line center issue that has plagued the team for 5 years.

His contract is $4.5mil cap hit, but it's 6 mil for the next 2 years, 4.5 on the 3rd, and only 3mil on the last 2 years.  Now I'm annoyed, this is the type of guy Ducks need, and that's the type of contract that should by all means doable.  I surely hope the management got something better in the works.

Can Vinny play goalie? 

They're saying Mason is their man (until they sign Tim Thomas).