The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poum

Nine More Years Of Hogwash

Clown Town signed an eight year extension. 

Need to start pasting clown pictures along the boards...

So that's nine more years of down goes brown junk. Brown signed pretty cheap to. $5.875MM cap every year is far below his value. I still think we see Williams, Kopitar, and Greene leaving and at some point they'll need to fill in those holes and their prospect pool is not good enough anymore. In other words they are going to be a top-heavy team for many more years since they still have Carter and Richards until 2022.

Well, I can proudly wear my "Dustin Brown" USA Dive Team warm up jacket to each and every game at Staples for 8 more years...

The Kings also announced that Rob Blake has come aboard as assistant GM.

Without Blake in the disciplinary group, Shanahan might actually have to come down on Dustin Brown's hooligan style of play.

Oh who am I kidding. Shanahan and Blake are old buddies... cronyism will certainly be a issue.

Stuck with a guy who has heart and is a very good player? I pity L.A. indeed.

Good player? Absolutely?

Heart? Yes. But he has heart the same way Matt Cooke, Patrick Kaleta, or Steve Ott has heart... misplaced.

I'd gladly have Ott and Brown on my team. Except Ott would have to be on a better contract and my team would have to have enough depth where he'd be in a better position, 3rd line. I'm trying to think of a recent agitator-scorer captain that I could compare Brown to. Because I would say he is one of the best at that today.

Ugh, another decade of diving, whining, head hunting, elbowing, knee-on-kneeing, F-bombing and so on. LA's classy captain.  :rolleyes:

Great for LA though, that's a pretty sweet deal. D Lombardi just keeps winning.

Brown is a real good hockey player, but after all he is a piece of sh*t and as dumb as a goat.

Why on earth does any team choose this guy as their captain.... 

Dustin brown. The dirtiest player in the league. It's going to be hard to root for this clown during the Olympics.

He is going to be 30 when this contract starts! The Kings are soon to become the ducks of 08-10

I hope you're right! I had no idea he was 30 already, thought he was much younger, especially given the way he acts.

In reality though, I don't think they rely on him for a big chunk of their offense as much as we do with Getz or Perry. With salaries around the league likely to inflate a little over the 8 years of his contract, along with the salary cap increasing, it's fair to say even if Dustin's play fell off on the back half of his deal, his $5+ Mil would still be in range of an effective 2nd or 3rd line player of his caliber down the road.

I'd gladly have Ott and Brown on my team. Except Ott would have to be on a better contract and my team would have to have enough depth where he'd be in a better position, 3rd line. I'm trying to think of a recent agitator-scorer captain that I could compare Brown to. Because I would say he is one of the best at that today.

I don't know that Brown has a vis-a-vis comparison... maybe Shane Doan, but Doan doesn't dive like Brown does... Ovechkin... no... Backes... not really.

He is going to be 30 when this contract starts! The Kings are soon to become the ducks of 08-10

The way Brown plays that contract gets ugly in 5 or 6 years... but before that L.A. has him on a great deal.

I don't know that Brown has a vis-a-vis comparison... maybe Shane Doan, but Doan doesn't dive like Brown does... Ovechkin... no... Backes... not really.

Matthew Barnaby? Or maybe Dino Cicarelli?

He looks like Bobby Clarke, now that I think about it. He's as annoying and hateable to non-fans.

If Brown keeps playing the hard hitting , beat up opponent style for another few years, he'll never make it through 8 years of that contract.  He'll either be burnt out or injured.  That is why the length of this contract is stupid for LA.  But works for me since it sets them up into an awkward/bad position.  

Oh and also that I just can't stand that pos.

Say what you will about Brown, he plays hard and that makes for good hockey. He knows how to draw penalties some good some bad. Every single ref knows him so if he dives he'll get called out. He'll also get away with a couple but who cares? Most every player gets stoned or cut down.

It's the way he plays the game and it works. It's a great contract, he's locked up at a very reasonable pay and if things go south he will either be moved or retire in either case not a bad situation for the franchise.

As I'm watching the 2007 dvd, I coudlnt help but notice Pahlsson and Moen punking Brown. That was a nice garnish to the best documentary ever.

Miss those guys.

Say what you will about Brown, he plays hard and that makes for good hockey. He knows how to draw penalties some good some bad. Every single ref knows him so if he dives he'll get called out. He'll also get away with a couple but who cares? Most every player gets stoned or cut down. It's the way he plays the game and it works. It's a great contract, he's locked up at a very reasonable pay and if things go south he will either be moved or retire in either case not a bad situation for the franchise.

I liked Brown (a lot) early in his career, but then he started diving.

I can live with the rough stuff, but diving and hard work simply don't go together. Diving is the opposite of working hard, and Brown is one of the biggest divers in the league.