The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sin-bain

Andy Sutton In Dept. Of Player Safety?

I haven't seen this posted yet. Made me laugh.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2013-07-18/nhl-department-of-player-safety-members-rob-blake-kings-assistant-gm-brendan-sha

Seems like Andy has been approached to take Blake's spot on Shanny's staff. (Hey, isn't Pronger available too?)

They're gonna need an expert.

How can we not like Andy Sutton over Rob "Mercenary" Blake?

And lets not lump him in w/ Cooke or Torres. His last season with Edmonton was marred with suspensions, but through most of his career he was just a hard nosed (not dirty) player.

And lets not lump him in w/ Cooke or Torres. His last season with Edmonton was marred with suspensions, but through most of his career he was just a hard nosed (not dirty) player.

I'd even venture out to say that his suspensions were not overly dirty either. From what I remember, they were accidental or a result of checking a guy half his size, right?

Agree...just cant pass up the chance to poke a little fun at the dept of player "safety" after the no suspension on stoll for the Fowler hit....still bitter over that one.

I'd even venture out to say that his suspensions were not overly dirty either. From what I remember, they were accidental or a result of checking a guy half his size, right?

Correct. If Sutton was wearing a Kings, Red Wing's, or Rangers jersey last season I can promise you he never gets suspended.