The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DucksFanInIE

Nhl Teams That Are Doomed To Disappoint

Disagree with the article. Ottawa, Anaheim, Tampa and New York may all be teams that overachieved (minus Tampa) but at the very least all those teams are on par, if not better than the rest of the teams in their divisions. With the added emphasis on divisional play going into next season, that's gonna be a big advantage. Ottawa may have lost Alfredsson but that guy isn't gonna take Detroit anywhere. They lost Filppula and added Weiss which is a downgrade. IMO Ottawa is a better team on paper. I don't think Detroit's streak is gonna continue given who they just joined in the Atlantic (still feels weird calling that division by that name)  

If I had to choose, I'd say the Canucks, Red Wings, Flyers and Capitals are the teams that should be on this list. I'd say Toronto too but they've got two quality goaltenders and I can see a bit of a Fasth/Hiller situation happening there where both goalies steal a bunch of games for them if the team struggles.

I don't disagree much here... except for Ottawa.

I don't see Anaheim winning the division or finishing in the 2nd spot either. In fact, I'd bet against it.

Playoff team? I'm hopeful yes... but a real threat? No.

Im kinda intrigued as to what Torts can do in Vancouver. He's not exactly the easiest coach to play for. But neither is Carlyle and he helped turn around Toronto even if there were some speed bumps along the way. Don't get me wrong, I hope it fails now they are divisional rivals, I just don't see it.

I don't see how Detroit got a free ride out in the West. Being in the East they will have an easier travel schedule. Teams out West tend to be more physical and punishing. It hasn't been a cake walk for them, they just had a really good team for years. Now if you want to bring up NHL favoritism, then yeah, they will be bumping heads with more NHL darlings.

Rangers and Flyers, yea... lolololol.

I like St.Louis though, they've got some potential.

How are the Oilers doomed to disappoint? Did I miss the prophesied Oilers memo? I was under the impression they weren't anything to write home about despite all the young talent. RNH... that guy. Sucks seeing him caught in the oil slick. Schultz deserves nothing less. Unless Snow decides to ruin the Isles some more.

Vancouver,NY Rangers,Detroit,Philadelphia,St.Louis

are my teams

-Vancouver+Tortorella,the guy is angient history,were gonna see more red

on his face than behind the net

-NY Rangers,always supposedly contender yet always fails

-Detroit finds out how easy ride they had had in the West 

-Philadelphia,Philly never gonna win a cup with Holmgren as GM and Laviolette as head coach

-St.Louis management thinks they struck gold with Pääjarvi signing ha! fat chance 

they let go a really good player to Edmonton who can do anything

Detroit had it EASY IN THE WEST?

They're going to FEAST on the weaker Eastern Conference teams. In the west they're a borderline playoff team. In the east, they should be a lock to make the second season.

St. Louis thinks they struck GOLD?

Trading Perron for Pääjarvi has little to do with where St Louis will finish - it was a move they had to make and in the end it keeps them very competitive. They were NOT looking to get better with Pääjarvi. They moved Perron to free up money to sign Stewart and Pietrangelo, and open up more ice time for Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko.