The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Leafs: Liles On Waivers

I wouldn't mind "borrowing" him until Souray returns, just in case Vats isn't ready for prime time. Besides, doesn't Toronto have to pay him 1/2 of his salary if another team claims him off waivers? That's what happened when we picked up Hagman from Calgary. And if he doesn't work out, we can just waive him when Souray returns.

Plus, he's the perfect size for our team - 5'10", 185lbs. We love guys that size!  :lol:

Edit: never mind on the 1/2 salary. I guess that was for the old re-entry waivers... with that, I say we pass.

I wouldn't mind "borrowing" him until Souray returns, just in case Vats isn't ready for prime time. Besides, doesn't Toronto have to pay him 1/2 of his salary if another team claims him off waivers? That's what happened when we picked up Hagman from Calgary. And if he doesn't work out, we can just waive him when Souray returns.

Plus, he's the perfect size for our team - 5'10", 185lbs. We love guys that size!  :lol:

Edit: never mind on the 1/2 salary. I guess that was for the old re-entry waivers... with that, I say we pass.

Lmao, bingo! Bob is drooling at the thought. Truth is, the team ran out of size Lg/XL jerseys, so Bargain Bob is only signing smaller guys to save the team money. Every penny counts!

Dtsdlaw ^^^

I don't love Liles' contract, but we're pretty desperate for D right now. I think he would help us out for the time being. Couldn't we pick him up and see how he does knowing we could turn and waive again him if need be? I'm sure between Calgary, Edmonton or Colorado we could even trade him for a 7th rounder lol.

Dtsdlaw ^^^

I don't love Liles' contract, but we're pretty desperate for D right now. I think he would help us out for the time being. Couldn't we pick him up and see how he does knowing we could turn and waive again him if need be? I'm sure between Calgary, Edmonton or Colorado we could even trade him for a 7th rounder lol.

Honestly he isn't the same liles as he used to be. He couldn't even crack a regular spot on the TO lineup, and having watched all their games they are starving for help on the blueline (see mark fraser being a fixture).

Surprised someone has mentioned Whitney! Thank you Florida!