The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Kings Catch All Thread

This! But try convincing a Kings' fan of that... they just seem to think their goalies are golden gods, when they have one of the toughest and most effective defenses in the league. 

The shootout against us, for instance. My Kings' fan friends were going on and on about "Jonesy" winning his first shootout, and I couldn't believe they had watched the same game. Hiller made fantastic saves to shut down half of the Kings' bench, all Jones had to do was keep his pads on the ground. If a single one of our forwards had elevated the puck / not biffed their shots, we'd have had two points. Jones was almost a non-factor in that game.

You're not going to win very many games giving up 51 shots on goal though. Hiller stole us a point.

Oh, for sure. I was shocked we got away with a point in that one, looked horrible trying to break out of our own end. Hiller was so good, and Jones was just alright. But Kings' fans: "ZOMG, JONES IS SO GUD WE HAV DA BEST GOALIES EVR DUDE."

And I'm like, "Le sigh."

Oh, for sure. I was shocked we got away with a point in that one, looked horrible trying to break out of our own end. Hiller was so good, and Jones was just alright. But Kings' fans: "ZOMG, JONES IS SO GUD WE HAV DA BEST GOALIES EVR DUDE."

And I'm like, "Le sigh."

Actually I heard some Kings "fans" were congratulating Scrivens after the win...

Actually I heard some Kings "fans" were congratulating Scrivens after the win...

Wow. How do you watch a game, and not even notice who's guarding your net?

Wow. How do you watch a game, and not even notice who's guarding your net?

My favorite fair-weather-fan question is to ask "Who's the General Manager again?"

Last time I asked at Staples (2008) the answer was Terry Murray (the coach at the time).

When I said, "Don't you mean Andy Murray (ex-coach 2006)" the "fan" responded, "Oh yeah... Andy Murray."

I said "Thanks!"

True story.

My favorite fair-weather-fan question is to ask "Who's the General Manager again?"

Last time I asked at Staples (2008) the answer was Terry Murray (the coach at the time).

When I said, "Don't you mean Andy Murray (ex-coach 2006)" the "fan" responded, "Oh yeah... Andy Murray."

I said "Thanks!"

True story.

Love it!

LA up 1-0 to start the 3rd. Need the 1st overall pick club to rally back here. Come on you greasy Oilers!

Does Edmonton have a SOG?!

I thought the Blues were nuts to trade Perron, but I have to say he's got to be the over-the-top, flashiest hot-doggiest player in the league. Right there with that creep Ribeiro.

Brown called for kicking a dropped stick LMAO! When has that call ever been made? The league is getting wise to Brown's antics, love it.

I've seen that called against Anaheim!

I've seen that called against Anaheim!

There's a good bit of trivia, I can't recall that one.

Brown with the EN for 400 pts/400 dives. The rare 400/400 club.

LA could put a cardboard cutout in net and nobody would notice. LA fans would be talking Vezina.

I'm sitting in a LA bar with my Selanne jersey. They swear by Jonesy. Also heard the Kings have the best goalie system. Pff.

I'm sitting in a LA bar with my Selanne jersey. They swear by Jonesy. Also heard the Kings have the best goalie system. Pff.

LOL. How could Toronto let a future top five goalie like Scrivens go? Why would LA bother getting him when Jones is the second coming of Brodeur? It doesn't make sense!

They actually had a great pipeline with Quick and Bernier...

The undrafted Martin Jones was ranked #16 overall last spring (Andersen #5, Gibson #10)

And now Kopitar is the best 2 way player in the League. I love me some Kopi, but c'mon! Over Toes, Pavel. Heck, Getzlaf has been beasting on any side of the red line this season.

And now Kopitar is the best 2 way player in the League. I love me some Kopi, but c'mon! Over Toes, Pavel. Heck, Getzlaf has been beasting on any side of the red line this season.

I love me some Anze too... but he's not #1 no way.