The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AustinDuck27

Post Editing Issue

Hopefully this doesn't sound confusing, but when I quote somebody's post within my own, then try to edit my post, the 'quote box' around the post I have quoted gets dropped. All the text ends up running together like one post. Even some of the info (quoted person's handle, time stamp, etc.) is gone. I usually have to add the 'quote box' around the selected part of text manually with the quote icon when editing, and just slap the posters name with it.

I've noticed while reading other threads that others are having the same issue. Not complaining, just throwing this out there, haven't seen it mentioned.  :)

I'll borrow this thread to ask the admins:

Would it be possible rename the topic Anderson ( referring to Frederik Andersen in the Ducks section) to Andersen.

With a little copy and paste, I'd think.

Because:

1. I'm old and l'll get annoyed by little things.

2. It would be polite to Frederik ANDERSEN

3. Could help searching in future,  like in The Year Two Thousand.

Hopefully this doesn't sound confusing, but when I quote somebody's post within my own, then try to edit my post, the 'quote box' around the post I have quoted gets dropped. All the text ends up running together like one post. Even some of the info (quoted person's handle, time stamp, etc.) is gone. I usually have to add the 'quote box' around the selected part of text manually with the quote icon when editing, and just slap the posters name with it.

I've noticed while reading other threads that others are having the same issue. Not complaining, just throwing this out there, haven't seen it mentioned.  :)

any conclusion to this? I have had it happen over the last year and today. The "drop" happens by going back = using backslash so to avoid it you can simply mark what you don't want and write over it. As long as you don't go back.. it won't get dropped.

Ps: you can "regain" the original by using ctrl+z which however is getting really annoying over the time if you are a fast writer.

any conclusion to this? I have had it happen over the last year and today. The "drop" happens by going back = using backslash so to avoid it you can simply mark what you don't want and write over it. As long as you don't go back.. it won't get dropped.

Ps: you can "regain" the original by using ctrl+z which however is getting really annoying over the time if you are a fast writer.

No, same problem. I've found that it's only an issue using the quick edit option, once you hit 'edit' on the post and it pulls up the typical edit screen, look for the "use full editor" button below. It opens the post again with another editable post window and a preview of the finished post above (if you remember there used to be a "preview post" option before the reboot of these boards, it's gone now, but "use full editor" seems to do the same thing).

Going into the full editor mode eliminates the glitch, but it's just a bit more involved.