Luc_Verhelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationEze, France

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hi All,

I am going to be in the LA area (again) when the Ducks play the Kings in Dodger Stadium.

Now, I wonder, the tickets are pretty pricy and is it worth  to spend hundreds of dollars for this game.

Where do you think we should sit to have a decent view on the game?

We don't mind spending a bit but if it's only to see heads of players and no puck, it's a bit sad.

Can you give me some advice on this?

Thanks.

PS: I'll be there next monday and wednesday (12-9 and 11) as well, hope the Ducks keep their home streak going!)  :t_hot_unread:

#2 poum

poum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts
  • LocationSunny San Fernando Valley

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

Ticketmaster has a seating chart in relation to where the rink on the field will be. Granted, I've never been to an outdoor game but the chart looks like there won't be many good seats. I always sit in the 400s too and love it. I think the price just reflects the novelty of an out door game at Dodger Stadium.

I would love to go, but I'm going to save my money and attend a few extra home games for Selannes last hoorah.

#3 Luc_Verhelle

Luc_Verhelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationEze, France

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

Thanks, Poum, I have seen the seating chart but it doesn't really give me any idea about how high we would be and what the view would be on the rink. Looks pretty 'bad' to me, as far as I am remembering Dodger Stadium. That's why I think it would be stupid to spend hundreds of dollars on lousy seats. I will go to the game, since I have to take any game I can when I am in the LA area, but I don't want to get trapped by hype.

Still, I don't understand why they want to play there, knowing that a baseball stadium is not really suited for a hockey game, my idea.

But, who bought tickets where and why? I still haven't got a clue on what to decide.

I will go to Dodger Stadium next tuesday, when I am in LA, and I will try to find out there what it may look like.

#4 JoeyDurden

JoeyDurden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts
  • Location@ByronFever

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

I think it's all going to be bad, which is why the Ducks have bright orange jerseys with englarged logos, numbers, and names. Should be a memorable experience though.

#5 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,409 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think it's all going to be bad, which is why the Ducks have bright orange jerseys with englarged logos, numbers, and names. Should be a memorable experience though.

This.

No such thing as a good seat to a hockey game played in a baseball or football stadium. At least it won't be cold.

#6 DUCKSDOC

DUCKSDOC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationRIVERSIDE, CA

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

I can't imagine a "good seat" at Dodger Stadium - at all. Maybe Fenway or Wrigley would work, but even then there would be very , very few good seats. Not worth the bucks. IMHO

#7 dallas_123

dallas_123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHemet, CA

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Gotta wonder why they didn't have this game at the Coliseum or the Rose Bowl. 

#8 Luc_Verhelle

Luc_Verhelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationEze, France

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

I will ask around, tomorrow at the game in Honda Center but what I deduct now, from the replies, is that it will be worth attending but not worth spending the big bucks.

I plan on going to the Dodger Stadium next  tuesday and see what is available, affordable, worth the money.

Thanks for the replies and I hope the crowd at Honda Center will help me further in deciding how much we should spend to watch a hockey game in a baseball stadium.

Indeed, I wonder why they didn't plan it in the Colliseum or so.

Anyway, to be honest, too bad we planned this trip to attend two games, of which one is actually an expensive alternative to a real game in a real hockey stadium. 

We can't change the date anymore, but in the end, this trip, it will be a game at Honda Center, the Eagles in the Colliseum, a game in Dodger Stadium. And one week later, another trip with two proper games in Honda Center. ;-)

Edited by Luc_Verhelle, 08 December 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#9 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,409 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

I will ask around, tomorrow at the game in Honda Center but what I deduct now, from the replies, is that it will be worth attending but not worth spending the big bucks.

I plan on going to the Dodger Stadium next  tuesday and see what is available, affordable, worth the money.

Thanks for the replies and I hope the crowd at Honda Center will help me further in deciding how much we should spend to watch a hockey game in a baseball stadium.

Indeed, I wonder why they didn't plan it in the Colliseum or so.

Anyway, to be honest, too bad we planned this trip to attend two games, of which one is actually an expensive alternative to a real game in a real hockey stadium. 

We can't change the date anymore, but in the end, this trip, it will be a game at Honda Center, the Eagles in the Colliseum, a game in Dodger Stadium. And one week later, another trip with two proper games in Honda Center. ;-)

It's a special event... and for that reason alone it's probably worth attending.

Just don't go expecting a traditional hockey game and enjoy the unique aspects of an outdoor game and you should come away from the experience with a smile.

I'm going to the Winter Classic in Ann Arbor this year with a bunch of Leafs fans. Not my team but it's something IU've been looking forward to for a long time. If I don't post after that game, you can assume I froze to death.

#10 RogeyMod

RogeyMod

• Moderators
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

I'm pretty sure the extra cost is to pay for insurance claims after the Kings fans get drunk and start brawls in the isles.

In all honesty, I have no desire to go anywhere near that bunch of neanderthals home turf, they're obnoxious and evil beyond what I want to pay for. I would keep your mouth shut and lay low if the Ducks win this one IMO.

#11 DUCKSDOC

DUCKSDOC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationRIVERSIDE, CA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm pretty sure the extra cost is to pay for insurance claims after the Kings fans get drunk and start brawls in the isles.

In all honesty, I have no desire to go anywhere near that bunch of neanderthals home turf, they're obnoxious and evil beyond what I want to pay for. I would keep your mouth shut and lay low if the Ducks win this one IMO.

LMFAO

#12 socalducksgal

socalducksgal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • LocationLake Forest, Ca

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Oh I couldn't have said it better.  No way in hell I'm going to that crazy game.

To be honest, the last couple of years, the Kings fans have mellowed out a little, not as drunk and or as obnoxious as before.  Must be all the bandwagoners on board after they won the cup.  Ugh, I feel so dirty just saying that.

#13 gymeaduck

gymeaduck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

I got tickets for the game march 15th at the special hospital. I'll have to wear body armour. Lol

#14 Alphacsulb

Alphacsulb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

I'm hoping there is a bus caravan to this event.

#15 gilligoos

gilligoos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Here's the set up for the Swiss Outdoor Classic that was played today. I wonder why the NHL doesn't use the same idea. Plexiglass throughout the ice rink. They painted the entire grass white to make it easier for the players to track the puck. The video may not work on my second link but if you scroll all the way down you can flip through the pictures. Just wanted to share Swiss hockey with my fellow Ducks fans.

http://www.srf.ch/sp...r-freiem-himmel

http://www.srf.ch/sp...classic-in-genf

If you have something like this at the Coliseum it would be great for visibility.

Edited by gilligoos, 11 January 2014 - 08:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices