Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maxf13ld

Why Don't We Allow Signatures?

17 posts in this topic

Just kinda curious why we don't allow a small banner or signature in our posts? I make signatures for fun for other things like sim hockey leagues and I think it would really liven this place up a bit within reason (Like must be hockey related or Ducks related)  Like for instance I made 

gt4No7c.png

and think it'd be cool to make some for some of them for you guys to represent Ducks pride. 

Max the mods already have to monitor a lot of what transpires on this board.

My guess is that adding another element to the mix just would make for more work them.

IMO other boards look trashy. Last I heard we are the #2 rated board in the NHL. Our current board is stream lined,respectful and based on great thoughts and perspective, if we allow everyone to star flashing the crud out of the page it would be obnoxious.

People subconsciously create their own ideas of your character based on an avatar and it slants the way they interprit your post. If you guys knew I was a monk high atop the Hymalayan Mountains with shoulder length gray hair, half your posts would constantly  be asking me for healings and direction for your life.

3 people like this

i wonder the same thing

not for long ago everything was allowed 

pictures,signatures etc... everything

today nothing

you all should check what other NHL teams message boards have

you would be amazed,few even allow bad words,and naughty pictures

also in few you don't even have to be admin for creating game GDT's

the list just keeps going and going even the smileys are different...

...well.. more of them anyways

First of all, this is a completely wrong statement.

We have never allowed the pictures, avatars, and fancy signatures. We allow you your own signatures, within reason, and if they are readable by the majority of the members on our board, AND are not offensive in any way.

At the beginning of the season, I put up a thread for members to vote in wether or not to allow the pictures. After being up for 3 months, only 12 members voted, and of those 12, only a handful wanted them.

Personally, it would add so much more to our job as admins and mods.  People are people, and comment with their hearts. I'm sure it wouldn't take very long for it to get completely out of hand.

At this time, we are keeping it so it is easily readable on both a mobile device, and a computer.

First of all, this is a completely wrong statement.

We have never allowed the pictures, avatars, and fancy signatures. We allow you your own signatures, within reason, and if they are readable by the majority of the members on our board, AND are not offensive in any way.

At the beginning of the season, I put up a thread for members to vote in wether or not to allow the pictures. After being up for 3 months, only 12 members voted, and of those 12, only a handful wanted them.

Personally, it would add so much more to our job as admins and mods.  People are people, and comment with their hearts. I'm sure it wouldn't take very long for it to get completely out of hand.

At this time, we are keeping it so it is easily readable on both a mobile device, and a computer.

Really? I never even saw this thread.

I would like to see avatars allowed. Not really concerned with the fancy picture sigs, as they do tend to make boards cluttered.

I'm with zen master semi-pro, keep it clean, no flashy mumbo jumbo. I'm old, it's hard enough to focus as it is.  :P

Really? I never even saw this thread.

I would like to see avatars allowed. Not really concerned with the fancy picture sigs, as they do tend to make boards cluttered.

The Thread was put up in August, and I just took it down the 22nd of December since there was only 7 posts and 15 votes. I figured if there were more interest in it, people would have voted one way or another.  It was posted in the Message board Q&A forum all that time, so maybe people need to scroll down once in a while to see what's there.

The board is clean, and runs very well on desktops, and most mobile devices i've checked, so for now we will leave it as it is.

1 person likes this

The Thread was put up in August, and I just took it down the 22nd of December since there was only 7 posts and 15 votes. I figured if there were more interest in it, people would have voted one way or another. It was posted in the Message board Q&A forum all that time, so maybe people need to scroll down once in a while to see what's there.

The board is clean, and runs very well on desktops, and most mobile devices i've checked, so for now we will leave it as it is.

Runs fantastic on the droid! I actually prefer to my desktop. Super clean and simple, love it.

I'm using HTC ONE running Android 4.3 and for some reason the quotation box never shows up. I've tried different browsers and nothing. It's not that big of a deal for me anymore. I voted for the signature but I wasn't upset that it didn't pass. Either way I'm glad we got the moderators we have.

I'm using HTC ONE running Android 4.3 and for some reason the quotation box never shows up. I've tried different browsers and nothing. It's not that big of a deal for me anymore. I voted for the signature but I wasn't upset that it didn't pass. Either way I'm glad we got the moderators we have.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, there.

I use an iPhone, and the quote boxes don't show up there either.  I don't know if it is because I'm using the ips board, instead of the Ducks colors, but after a while you get it figured out.

I'll have to check and see if we can modify the ips, or get and additional scheme so it can be seen on mobile devices. I thought it was just me, so thanks for the info. It works fine on the iPad, but that is set for the Ducks scheme. I'll see what I can find out.

Ha! Totally forgot about the quote boxes. I got so used to not having them that the thought never crossed my mind.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, there.

I use an iPhone, and the quote boxes don't show up there either.  I don't know if it is because I'm using the ips board, instead of the Ducks colors, but after a while you get it figured out.

I'll have to check and see if we can modify the ips, or get and additional scheme so it can be seen on mobile devices. I thought it was just me, so thanks for the info. It works fine on the iPad, but that is set for the Ducks scheme. I'll see what I can find out.

How do we modify our current signature? I like mine, but I can't find anywhere in the profile or setting to make a change.

How do we modify our current signature? I like mine, but I can't find anywhere in the profile or setting to make a change.

Up at the top of the page, you'll see your login name and a down arrow next to that. Click the down arrow, and go to settings.

On the menu on the far left side, you will see signature. You can edit there. Be sure to save your settings.

Up at the top of the page, you'll see your login name and a down arrow next to that. Click the down arrow, and go to settings.

On the menu on the far left side, you will see signature. You can edit there. Be sure to save your settings.

I did that and it doesn't have "signature" listed!!  :(

Mine has this listed from Top to Bottom on the left.

Profile Settings

Email & Password

'Ignore' Preferences

Manage Attachments

Notification Options

My notifications

There is no "signature" option.  :unsure:

Well, at this point I don't have an answer for you. I was going by what I have on my screens, and that could be dependent on a couple of things.

Browser, I'm using Chrome on a PC. 

I may have extra priveleges, but I don't think that applies to your personal settngs. Unfortunately, I don't have a non-admin account to check it with, so maybe someone else can help here.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

Well, at this point I don't have an answer for you. I was going by what I have on my screens, and that could be dependent on a couple of things.

Browser, I'm using Chrome on a PC. 

I may have extra priveleges, but I don't think that applies to your personal settngs. Unfortunately, I don't have a non-admin account to check it with, so maybe someone else can help here.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

Anyone have an answer about the signatures? I tried on a mac and pc and nothing. Maybe they are not allowed for non-admin people?

Anyone have an answer about the signatures? I tried on a mac and pc and nothing. Maybe they are not allowed for non-admin people?

I'm in the same boat buddy, I need to update my signature as my British team won the Play-Offs last year, and l can't see the 'signature' link either.