The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My_Ducks

How To Quote Or Reply To A Specific Message?

Hello...I am new to the ducks message board, but have been a ducks fan for many years. After reading these boards for awhile, I decided to start posting. But, realized that I do not know how to reply to messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Jenn

GO DUCKS!!! :t_hot_unread: :t_hot_unread: :t_hot_unread:

In the bottom right corner are 2 buttons, MultiQuote and Quote. Multi allows you to pick several different posts and quote them in your post. Quote is a single one.

It will drop them into the blank posting box at the bottom of the page for you.  Just be sure to make your post outside the quoted area so everyone can determine what your message is.

Hope that helps.

I tried clicking on quote before typing...hope this works!

When you click on Quote, it takes the single quote and drops it at the Reply to this Topic portion at the bottom of the page. You can type your text after the quote box.  Keep in mind, some mobile devices do not show the quote box differently from the text you are typing.

I tried clicking on quote before typing...hope this works!

The quote did not drop down. Guess I could use some more help... :wacko:

Using the MultiQuote, the word MultiQuote will highlight in (Green on my pc), and there is a small box pops up lower right showing how many quotes you are using in the MultiQuote. In this case 2. Click on the box showing the number of quotes, it will then drop them into the Reply to this Topic box to type your responses.

When you click on Quote, it takes the single quote and drops it at the Reply to this Topic portion at the bottom of the page. You can type your text after the quote box.  Keep in mind, some mobile devices do not show the quote box differently from the text you are typing.

It didn't work for me on Internet Explorer but did on Google Chrome! 

Thank you so much for your help

GO DUCKS  :t_hot_unread:

Clear all your cookies and temporary internet files in IE. If that doesn't work, then stay with Chrome. It's all I use now anyway, even IE-11 has issues carried from all previous versions, yet we can't get rid of it as Windows relies on it for all the updates from Microsoft.

Chrome is nice as it will sync your info across all your devices, PC, laptop, pad, phone. Too bad Microsoft can't make a browser that works as well a most of the others.

Clear all your cookies and temporary internet files in IE. If that doesn't work, then stay with Chrome. It's all I use now anyway, even IE-11 has issues carried from all previous versions, yet we can't get rid of it as Windows relies on it for all the updates from Microsoft.

Chrome is nice as it will sync your info across all your devices, PC, laptop, pad, phone. Too bad Microsoft can't make a browser that works as well a most of the others.

I attempted to clear my cookies and temporary files without any success. So, I will be sticking with Google Chrome.

Thank you kindly for all of your help!

Jenn