The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dangle411

Trade Deadline Thread

It seems NHL Gm's got confused and thought the deadline was today instead of tomorrow. But things that have already gone down:

-Robidas coming to Anaheim

-Penner to Washington

-Fasth to Edmonton

-MacDonald to Philly

-Luongo to Florida (Biggest shocker in my eyes)

Louis Erickson has been scratched from Boston's line-up. Boston was thought to be the other front runner for Vanek along with Anaheim. Could this be leading to Vanek headed to the B's? Of course, Erickson has also suffered from bad concussion problems this season. So the scratch might be health related. 

Vanek scratched?

uh oh....

It doesn't mean anything is imminent (as in, going down in the next couple hours).  If Vanek got hurt tonight, Garth Snow may as well just clean out his office.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 3m
I've been told that if #islanders Thomas Vanek is traded it won't be to Ducks. #tvasports

Who then, Murray?  Who you after?  WE NEED TO KNOW!

Vancouver seems to be giving away good players... 

I'm dying here, I'd kill to tap Murray's phone right now.

If I had to guess, BM is done blowing our minds. If anything, I'd bet that one of those 2nd rounders will now be moving out for a depth center.

If I had to guess, BM is done blowing our minds. If anything, I'd bet that one of those 2nd rounders will now be moving out for a depth center.

Not so fast dts! 

Ducks are one of the teams who are looking to trade for Ryan Kesler. #tvasports

:o  What were you guys just saying about cherry picking Vancouver players? 

I want

I want

I want

I want

I want

I want

I want

I want

I want

I want

Vancouver already said they don't want anyone in the west to have him. So... there's that.

I would love Kesler as a player, really hope he's past his injury problems

Out of the remaining players that are marquee names my list of interest is

Kesler

Gaborik

Moulson

Cammy

A bag of doo doo

Vanek

Not so fast dts! 

:o  What were you guys just saying about cherry picking Vancouver players? 

I could have sworn I read somewhere that we are not on Kesler's list of teams that he would waive the NTC for. I also can't really see Vancouver trading him within the division.

Vancouver already said they don't want anyone in the west to have him. So... there's that.

Everyone has their price.  We'll make them an offer they can't refuse.

A bag of doo doo

Vanek

Even a bag of feces would pot a couple of goals playing alongside Getz and Perry.  The real question is, is the bag an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season?  We don't want any rental poop receptacles.

Everyone has their price.  We'll make them an offer they can't refuse.

Yeah that! 

I'm sure they weren't counting on their team pretty much imploding around them either, with one Sedin down, Lu gone, now Kesler wanting out, the ever popular Edler talks and now Bieksa on the block. It's hard to see them not move him tbh, and if it continues the way it looks now, which is them entering a rebuild, I don't think him playing in the west is as big a problem since they're not looking to compete as hard

I could have sworn I read somewhere that we are not on Kesler's list of teams that he would waive the NTC for. I also can't really see Vancouver trading him within the division.

I think any player would waive their NTC for a Cup contender. It's whether Vancouver will trade him to a division rival that's the real question.

Even a bag of feces would pot a couple of goals playing alongside Getz and Perry.  The real question is, is the bag an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season?  We don't want any rental poop receptacles.

I feel as though the chance of us resigning the poop receptacle is quite high as it seems to be a team player. If only Vanek were that way  :lol:

We'll see what Gillis has to say after Murray puts a bloody Orca head in his bed.