The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dangle411

Trade Deadline Thread

I could have sworn I read somewhere that we are not on Kesler's list of teams that he would waive the NTC for. I also can't really see Vancouver trading him within the division.

Same here. Somebody posted that he had a list of three teams, and the Flyers, Hawks, and Pens have all been rumored to have made offers. Not sure how true the 3 team list thing is, but in any case it seems unlikely that he stays within the west, let alone the division. Maybe Murray throws the moon at them? 

Same here. Somebody posted that he had a list of three teams, and the Flyers, Hawks, and Pens have all been rumored to have made offers. Not sure how true the 3 team list thing is, but in any case it seems unlikely that he stays within the west, let alone the division. Maybe Murray throws the moon at them? 

Bonino-Vats-Pick would get the job done I believe

Bonino-Vats-Pick would get the job done I believe

The point is to have center depth......so trading Bones is counter productive.....

The point is to have center depth......so trading Bones is counter productive.....

How so? We have Getzlaf, Perreault as natural centers, Picking up Kesler would add a 3rd piece to that puzzle of natural centers, assuming that Koivu retires. Add in the ones like Cogs, Silvfer who can play center, and Rakell who is making a compelling case to be in the bigs next season, we'd have plenty of center depth

But I don't want Bones gone either. I'd prefer to try Vats+DSP+Ottawa first

It's been said that the Nucks are asking for a 20-25 yr old NHL caliber center to replace Kesler as part of the deal. 

How so? We have Getzlaf, Perreault as natural centers, Picking up Kesler would add a 3rd piece to that puzzle of natural centers, assuming that Koivu retires. Add in the ones like Cogs, Silvfer who can play center, and Rakell who is making a compelling case to be in the bigs next season, we'd have plenty of center depth

I don't think Vancouver does the deal without getting a center back in return.  If the deal is Rakell + Vatanen + first, do we do that?  I think we do.

If we could SOMEHOW keep Bones and get Kesler..  That gives us Getz, Kesler, Bones, Rakell down the middle next year.  Anyone else finding it drafty in here?  Seems the cup window has been OPENED.

Because Perreault is always hurt and Koivu is retiring next year. As much as I like Rakell, banking on him to be successful immediately is a huge gamble that I'm not so sure I am comfortable taking.

I don't think Vancouver does the deal without getting a center back in return.  If the deal is Rakell + Vatanen + first, do we do that?  I think we do.

If we could talk them down to our 1st and not Ottawa's I'd do it no question. Rakell is unproven, we have plenty of D Depth,

Because Perreault is always hurt and Koivu is retiring next year. As much as I like Rakell, banking on him to be successful immediately is a huge gamble that I'm not so sure I am comfortable taking.

I agree, I don't want Bones gone but if we move him we'd have to send a center back, if we could sell Rakell to them I'd absolutely do it 

Moving Bones would be PAINFUL! But we'd be playing Getzlaf, Kesler, and Koivu 59 minutes a game. The 4th center wouldn't really be that critical. We could easily roll with Getz, Kesler, Saku, and Steckel the rest of the way and be just ridiculously strong.

Moving Bones would be PAINFUL! But we'd be playing Getzlaf, Kesler, and Koivu 59 minutes a game. The 4th center wouldn't really be that critical. We could easily roll with Getz, Kesler, Saku, and Steckel the rest of the way and be just ridiculously strong.

Oh god that would be phenomenal. Has me giddy thinking about it. Time to prepare to have my heart broken :(

Correct me if i am wrong.... But i believe the canucks offered Ryan Kesler and a couple other players/draft picks for Chris Pronger before we traded pronger to Philly for Sbisa and Lupul (man i wish we wouldve taken that kesler trade).

So the Canucks trading Kesler to the Ducks now i believe is still a possibility... Granted we will have to offer them something good. 

From Darren Dreger: Sources say the Coyotes and Capitals are finalizing a trade on Martin Erat. Details to follow.

Correct me if i am wrong.... But i believe the canucks offered Ryan Kesler and a couple other players/draft picks for Chris Pronger before we traded pronger to Philly for Sbisa and Lupul (man i wish we wouldve taken that kesler trade).

So the Canucks trading Kesler to the Ducks now i believe is still a possibility... Granted we will have to offer them something good. 

We weren't there division rivals back then though. So a bit different 

You guys are delusional if you think any deal for Kesler doesn't contain Bones.

Minimum I say is Bones + Palms/Vats (most likely Vats) + 1st round (probably get away with our 1st round and keep Ottawa's)

Even the idea that Vancouver would take Rakell + Vats + ANA 1st round is frankly laughable.

Maroon/Belesky - Getzlaf - Perry

Palms - Kesler - Etem

Silf - Perrault - Selanne

Cogs - Koivu - Winnik

Fowler - Lovejoy

Beauchemin - Lindholm

Fistric - Robidas

Hiller - Andersen

BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS!!!

True but we also traded Teemu Selanne to the San Jose Sharks back in the day and didnt we just trade Fasth to a division rival? I think if you are offered a great deal, division or not, youll make the deal. 

You guys are delusional if you think any deal for Kesler doesn't contain Bones.

Minimum I say is Bones + Palms/Vats (most likely Vats) + 1st round (probably get away with our 1st round and keep Ottawa's)

Even the idea that Vancouver would take Rakell + Vats + ANA 1st round is frankly laughable.

Maroon/Belesky - Getzlaf - Perry

Palms - Kesler - Etem

Silf - Perrault - Selanne

Cogs - Koivu - Winnik

Fowler - Lovejoy

Beauchemin - Lindholm

Fistric - Robidas

Hiller - Andersen

BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS!!!

I really really really really really don't want to trade Bones.....but after seeing this lineup, I'm on board. This could win the cup.

Kelly Moore ‏@KMooreOnSports 12m

Sources say Vanek to San Jose ahead of tonight's game vs #NHLJets

.....!  WHAT.  Great..

Kelly Moore ‏@KMooreOnSports 12m

Sources say Vanek to San Jose ahead of tonight's game vs #NHLJets

Well crap. It's Brad Stuart all over again.