#81 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,416 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

I just don't see Miller coming here. When you have 2 of the top 5 goaltending prospects in the league (one who is already playing very well in the NHL), you don't go out and sign a big money goalie for a bunch of years. The only way I see Miller (or even Hiller) signed long term is if Murray has plans on shipping Gibson/Anderson out in the summer in a package for #2 center or a top Dman. I could see the logic in signing Hiller/Miller for 1 year, because that allows Anderson to continue to ease in to the #1 starting role, and it gives Gibson an extra year of development; I don't see the incentive for Hiller/Miller to sign for 1 year.

The only incentive either has is to WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP because if they follow the money it looks like it may be to a rough landing - Edmonton, Calgary, Long Island, or in Hiller's case, maybe Buffalo.

That said I could see Miller doing a 1 or 2 year deal in Anaheim.

#82 Spencer_12

Spencer_12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

The only incentive either has is to WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP because if they follow the money it looks like it may be to a rough landing - Edmonton, Calgary, Long Island, or in Hiller's case, maybe Buffalo.

I see St. Louis topping any offer we could give Miller. Maybe we'll get lucky and the perfect storm will hit and he'll take that lesser 1-2 year deal to come west, because he wants to be closer to his actress wife and we have a good team. It would be perfect for us as Miller is awesome, and it gives added development time to Anderson and especially Gibson.

#83 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,805 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Not a huge fan of the Ducks shelling out big money for either Miller or Hiller, but I'd be thrilled if either could be had for a little less. Between the two, Miller will more likely be the easiest to move down the road if Gibson or Andersen need to take the reigns. I think Miller will have more value in a few years than Hiller will. 

Edited by AustinDuck27, 16 March 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#84 sansyl

sansyl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland , Ovronnaz

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hello,

Has what I understand , you are fan of the Ducks but you hate Hiller , and you won't another goalie . well ,  When Ducks will have change them goalie, you will be satisfied one time. Later it will be the same genre of topic No. Faith in Miller, or Gibson, or Andersen or another one. it is sad. For my part I adore Ducks and I support every player, but if Hiller Is fired, and will go to play in another club, I shall become a fan of this other club, even if I remain a fan of the Ducks come what may in the coming months.

It's just my opinion , I respect the  yours ...don't forget Go Ducks :) coin coin coin ;)( in french)

#85 My_Ducks

My_Ducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationSunny OC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Quoted from sansyl

Hello,

Has what I understand , you are fan of the Ducks but you hate Hiller , and you won't another goalie . well ,  When Ducks will have change them goalie, you will be satisfied one time. Later it will be the same genre of topic No. Faith in Miller, or Gibson, or Andersen or another one. it is sad. For my part I adore Ducks and I support every player, but if Hiller Is fired, and will go to play in another club, I shall become a fan of this other club, even if I remain a fan of the Ducks come what may in the coming months.

It's just my opinion , I respect the  yours ...don't forget Go Ducks :) coin coin coin ;)( in french)

I too love the Ducks! And I think you will find that the majority of the posters on this board feel exactly the same.

Hiller isn't getting fired. The understanding is that he will be looking for more money (a huge payday).  I like Hiller, he has been a serviceable goalie over the years.  

Then again, I could be wrong.

Edited by My_Ducks, 16 March 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#86 sansyl

sansyl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland , Ovronnaz

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

I too love the Ducks! And I think you will find that the majority of the posters on this board feel exactly the same.

Hiller isn't getting fired. The understanding is that he will be looking for more money (a huge payday).  I like Hiller, he has been a serviceable goalie over the years.  Then again, I could be wrong.

Sorry,

I have a little trouble understanding this story of money...Here in Europe especially football ( soccer )the players ask awesome salary ( 9 digits !!!), and if they are good players wages are accepted.. .I think Hiller feels well in our team, even if sometimes he don't plays very well (Vertigo, pressure media and fans ;)and  coach..) and perhaps he ask no more than salary.

I hope not to offend you by saying all this, not easy stuff as a European ;)

#87 My_Ducks

My_Ducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationSunny OC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

Sorry,

I have a little trouble understanding this story of money...Here in Europe especially football ( soccer )the players ask awesome salary ( 9 digits !!!), and if they are good players wages are accepted.. .I think Hiller feels well in our team, even if sometimes he don't plays very well (Vertigo, pressure media and fans ;)and  coach..) and perhaps he ask no more than salary.

I hope not to offend you by saying all this, not easy stuff as a European ;)

Each team has a certain amount of money that they can spend on the entire team. So this means that his salary requests have to meet what the team can afford in terms of money and length of contract. Meaning it has to work for both sides for their to be an agreement. The problem is that people don't always agree when it comes what is an appropriate value for what they bring to the table.

#88 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,416 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Hiller isn't getting fired. The understanding is that he will be looking for more money (a huge payday).  I like Hiller, he has been a serviceable goalie over the years.  

Then again, I could be wrong.

Hold on cowboy... I thought this was the Boston Bruin boards no?

#89 Mooseduck

Mooseduck

• Memberss
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationHalifax Nova Scotia Canada

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Whether Ducks sign Hiller to a big Payday or not remains to be seen as of now. One thing is certain this has not quell rumors,Heresay or word that Miller may want to sign with the Ducks after this season is over. The Way I see it I would not mind if the Ducks sign Hiller to a contract Extenison. Whether it be a Big PayDay....Who Knows?

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by Mooseduck, 16 March 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#90 Prongermayer

Prongermayer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 114 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Added a little levity to the topic for those who can find it...

#91 My_Ducks

My_Ducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationSunny OC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

That's a good one!

#92 nieder

nieder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Vancouver might be looking for an experienced tender after they traded both their guys away for a bag of pucks.

I could see Miller signing win Anaheim for a couple of seasons. His partner lives in California, no? He might be willing to sign a short term deal just to get out West.

#93 norge25

norge25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationCorona, CA

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

I laughed

#94 Psychlon

Psychlon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hello,

as already said... each team has a salary cap so they can't dish out money like they do in football. However, you are perfectly right that for some reason.... a lot of Ducks fan don't like Hiller or they are just a few but much more audible. However, Fasth was supposed to take over from Hiller last year and Andersen is it currently... yet Fasth is no longer with Anaheim and Bruce backed Hiller for surely not trading him just now. 

Apart from that... I don't doubt that he could look just for a couple of more years and play his career out in Switzerland as other Swiss goaltenders have done in the past.

Apart from that, I don't understand the discussion around Miller. He's 33 (2 years older than Hiller) and if Hiller is looking for a couple of years contract.. why in the world wouldn't Miller looking for the same but for more bucks? 

I don't think Anaheim needs Miller next or even in the season after that. In case we don't sign Hiller, because he's looking for a 4-5 year contract which we may or may not give, Andersen is doing just fine and he's ready to get playoff experience. No need to prolong it for another year after the current season. We can get a cheap backup and spend money elsewhere. 

#95 poum

poum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
  • LocationSunny San Fernando Valley

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

Ha. I actually thought this was a new thread.

#96 poum

poum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
  • LocationSunny San Fernando Valley

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

surprised you haven't heard of it

http://www.sacbee.co...ry-changes.html

changing OT format to becoming longer and or only 3 vs. 3 to increase the possibility to score a decision before the shootout occurs.

I pretty much rely on the fine folks from this board for hockey news. I do venture outside from time time into the depths of the internet. But not on a regular basis.

#97 dtsdlaw

dtsdlaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

I see St. Louis topping any offer we could give Miller. Maybe we'll get lucky and the perfect storm will hit and he'll take that lesser 1-2 year deal to come west, because he wants to be closer to his actress wife and we have a good team. It would be perfect for us as Miller is awesome, and it gives added development time to Anderson and especially Gibson.

Minnesota too. They Have Heatley's $7.5M coming off the books and are in desperate need of goaltending. IMO, the Wild will have their pick of the litter of UFA goaltenders.

#98 My_Ducks

My_Ducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationSunny OC

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Bottom line....Hiller is not an elite goaltender. He is NOT taking Anaheim to the promised land. 

And until BB realizes that JH is a good second option, and starts Andersen...Anaheim will continue to have those could have been moments. Not that Andersen is all world, but he has more upside...just needs more PT.

Anaheim needs to dump Hiller this offseason, he still has value...pick up another big name forward to replace Selanne...and move Gibson up. He is the future, not the Swiss Sieve.

You do realize that Hiller is the #1 GT for the Ducks and will likely play the majority of the games in the playoffs. Hiller is a good goalie that elevates his game in the playoffs. I like Freddy, but he is unproven...making it foolish for BB to start him over Hiller in the playoffs.

#99 My_Ducks

My_Ducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationSunny OC

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

Yes I do "realize" that....which is the problem.

You can't possibly have faith that Hiller will "win" us any very many games when it counts in the playoffs. He's simply not that type of Goalie

Andersen is "unproven" because BB refuses to play him enough. My point is that should change. 

As for me, I like Freddy, but I would also choose Hiller for the playoffs. He is a known playoff performer. The Ducks first round playoff exit was not a result of Hiller, it was the lack of scoring.

#100 My_Ducks

My_Ducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationSunny OC

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

REALLY?

You think the two games Detroit scored 3 goals and the one game they scored 4, and the other game they scored 5 was the fault of the offense?

AS far as THIS year goes...not sure how anyone can have a lot of faith in Hiller leading this team in the playoffs. The guy simply is not an elite goalie. Now I don't know if Andersen is either, but at this point, we have to give him a chance to prove himself more than once every few games. When hes' been in there, Andersen has shown good upside.

With Hiller, we know what we have...a guy that more often than not will lose the game if the offense doesn't score 3 goals. If you think we can depend on winning playoff series' scoring 3+ goals every game, you are going to be very disappointed,

So according to you, our sole issue in the playoffs last season was Hiller. What about the injuries to our defense? Our lack of Perry production? Perhaps you should look through those stats again because your analysis is way off base. 

Fact of the matter is anyone would be foolish to choose to ride an unproven Freddy over Hiller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices