The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AustinDuck27

Free Agent Frenzy Catch-All

-Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie  ·  2h

NSH not qualifying Michael Del Zotto. Throw another log on the UFA fire.

-Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie  ·  3h

T.J. Galiardi is not being qualified by CGY. He'll go to UFA.

-Dave Stubbs @Dave_Stubbs  ·  2h

#Habs qualify Subban, Eller. Not Ryan White, who becomes UFA tomorrow

-Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger  ·  7h

"@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Tim Gleason, Anton Volchenkov and Shane O'Brien put on unconditional waivers today". Jovo also cleared.

-Uptown Sports @uptownhockey  ·  2h

Uptown client Cory Conacher is now an unrestricted free agent that can sign with any #NHL club starting tomorrow at noon. 

Feel free to add more folks, DISCUSS!

What are people's thoughts on Volchenkov? He seemed to be a pretty popular pick around this forum when he left Ottawa a few years ago. 

Robidas' agent, Pat Brisson says the demand for the veteran d-man is overwhelming. At least 8 teams interested. List cut down tonight.#TSN

Robidas is looking for a 2-3 year term. Leg is fine. He's skating and is expecting to be ready to go for training camp. #TSN

2 years I think is fine. 3? Not so much. 

Robidas is fine and already skating? Uh, what? Someone posted in the select a seat event that Murray said he had his doubts he could comeback. Wtf?

Not sure how much game Volch has left, it seems that his self-sacrificing style has taken its toll. I'm not sure he really upgrades anything, we have shot blockers, we have hitters...

Very interesting about Robi, I have to think Anaheim is #1 in line (better be!), if he's healthy at all we need to bring him back, though the 3 year term would scare me.

Seeing Conacher's name on the UFA list makes me realize that the Sens gave up Ben Bishop for nothing. And we still complain about Bryz? Ouch.

Not sure how much game Volch has left, it seems that his self-sacrificing style has taken its toll. I'm not sure he really upgrades anything, we have shot blockers, we have hitters...

Very interesting about Robi, I have to think Anaheim is #1 in line (better be!), if he's healthy at all we need to bring him back, though the 3 year term would scare me.

I would hope we would be at or near the top of Robidas' list. I would imagine he would be looking for a cup run, given his age. That would seem to limit his options. And I wonder how truthful his agent is about his health. 

I would hope we would be at or near the top of Robidas' list. I would imagine he would be looking for a cup run, given his age. That would seem to limit his options. And I wonder how truthful his agent is about his health. 

I don't think you'll ever hear a player being as realistic about their future career as others. I can't really blame them. Murray was also pretty blunt about Souray being "done", yet Sheldon turns and talks about getting healthy to play this season. What may be lost in translation is whether Murray is speaking of their ability to come back at all, or if they are "done" as far as the Ducks are concerned. Murray sounded pretty on the fence with Robidas, other teams are obviously less concerned with the risk.

Looks like Peter Mueller may want to make an NHL comeback after a year in the Swiss league. Very talented, had a good stint with the Avs playing with Duchene, but injuries have been his problem, thanks in part to this hit from Blake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ-gZR2iHFg

Could be added super cheap, low risk, high reward. 

Robidas is fine and already skating? Uh, what? Someone posted in the select a seat event that Murray said he had his doubts he could comeback. Wtf?

Agent speak = make money for client

GM speak = temper fans' enthusiasm in case things don't work out.

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle

Agent speak = make money for client

GM speak = temper fans' enthusiasm in case things don't work out.

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle

Spot on. This is what I was trying to say lol.

Screw it, lets offer Subban a huge deal, if he rejects Montreals offer. How about 6 years ($9 million per year) Lets see what happens. (I may be alittle buzzed, but I plan to be watching Free Agent Frenzy on TSN all day long tomorrow.)

Just a question: With DSP, Vatanen, and potentially Maroon getting new contracts, will they follow the pattern of changing to new, lower numbers (Like Palms to 21, Bonino to 13, etc.)? I honestly don't like these random numbers, but I see the point with the guys who haven't really earned a true NHL contract yet. I was originally thinking of an Etem jersey, but I know he'll probably just be changing his number in a year when he gets a new contract.

Confirmed: Spezza to Dallas (PUKE!) for Chiasson

Watch out for Dallas, their AHL club just won the Calder and they have a ton of talent coming up. We saw how tough they were to play against with all the speed and offense. Sooooo glad they left the division.

Spezza is a great fit IMO. It's just a matter of quality wingers, or if there are younger wingers ready to make the jump.

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadian Duck fans! (and since I probably won't be on here, happy early 4th of July to you Americans.) Free Agent Frenzy on TSN is about to begin.

Ugh. Dallas. Why of all the teams did it have to be you!?

Hahaha. Oh how little panel knows.

Talking about Murray freeing up Bobby money. Toronto already has claim to him, as every player always goes to Toronto. But then there's always the Philly.

Spezza being dealt now allows the Sens to negotiate with Ryan for an extension (or so says the panel). Questions now are raised about Bobby's future in Ottawa, does he stay or does he get dealt now before his inevitable departure? My guess is he sign and remains a Sen, probably next summer.

Did Philly move Hartnell to make room for Bobby?  :ph34r:

They are getting stronger too... Seguin and Spezza down the middle are offensive forces.

Glad we got Kesler, otherwise we'd be behind so many teams out west. 

Iggy wants a three year? Hope that comes with a pay cut.

Ewwww, what is this Rogers Sportsnet feed? No more TSN.

This will take some getting used to.

Whoa, whoa there. I just noticed this. Don't our Canadian counterparts hate them?

Whoa, whoa there. I just noticed this. Don't our Canadian counterparts hate them?

Haha, yeah. I forgot about the new TV deal, it was all good until it hit my television. The TSN guys were annoying at times, but this thing is putting me to sleep. 

I miss bright colors.

Glad we got Kesler, otherwise we'd be behind so many teams out west. 

Just mentioned in another thread. Offensively, Seguin and Spezza are beast, but, overall, Getzlaf and Kesler are beasts. 

Getzlaf, Kesler, Perry >>>>> Seguin, Spezza, Benn

Didn't even think about that. Second captain in as many years to bounce out of Ottawa. Ouch.

Ewwww, what is this Rogers Sportsnet feed? No more TSN.

This will take some getting used to.

New TV contract starts today. This is weird. I may need to find a TSN stream.