Spencer_12

Other Sports Topic - Discuss It All Here V2

977 posts in this topic

Have no idea why the other one is now locked. At any rate, let the discussion RESUME!

Real Madrid signs Colombian star James Rodriguez! Kroos and Rodriguez are two pretty nice players they have been able to bring in. RM will be scary on attack this coming season :o:D

Have no idea why the other one is now locked. At any rate, let the discussion RESUME!

Real Madrid signs Colombian star James Rodriguez! Kroos and Rodriguez are two pretty nice players they have been able to bring in. RM will be scary on attack this coming season :o:D

Some crazy money being thrown around in Spain. £75mil!!! for Suarez by Barca and £71mil for James Rodriguez by Real. IMO, all leagues need to come to an agreement curb some of this spending. I think an international cap system would make the sport more interesting. The price of players doesn't really bother me, but their inflated salaries are a joke and some of this money is paid by teams who aren't making any money.

I have a friend in England who's a huge Southampton Saints fan. I'm not sure if he'll be able to talk to me without raging for awhile, given that LFC straight-up plundered their club this transfer window. Rodgers looking to spend all that Suarez-sale money on upgrading the team...

And yeah, Spain went crazy with the big deals this summer. Loaded rosters just got even more loaded.

LFC has to hope their spending after selling a big name goes better than it did for Spurs.

Haha, yes definitely. I like the signings so far, added some depth and creativity up front, where LFC was honestly already solid even with Suarez leaving (still have Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling- now add Lallana and Markovic, and Lambert). Strengthened the club at centre, and just added a good signing on defense. The big thing is hoping all the new faces can gel.

anyone noticed that the UEFA Champions League qualify rounds are under way,second round to be exact.

i bee rooting two teams (at these qualify rounds) Celtic FC,and obviously HJK 

my hometown hero Teemu Pukki scored 2 goals for Celtic 4-0 home win in a second leg of 2nd qualify round

so they are off to the 3rd round. 

I'm so grateful the NHL doesn't run on a transfer system similar to football's.. 

Yeah i agree,but didn't they used to give "loads" of money with the trades back in the day

when Eric Lindros was traded to Philly and when Gretzky was traded to LA

at least those two comes to mind. 

LFC has to hope their spending after selling a big name goes better than it did for Spurs.

If they don't bring in a top quality striker to replace Suarez, it'll probably end up the same as Spurs. Lallana and Lambert doesn't excite me, which is good because I am an Arsenal fan. 

Arsenal have made some good deals. Debuchy is particularly good and Sanchez adds wing depth which we could have done with last season because of the injuries Chamberlain and Walcott took. Arsene has been rumoured to be on a CDM i.e. Khedira, Vidal, Bender, etc, signing any of those would be great and is a position we desperately need to fill, but what about securing a striker???? 

Arsene has said he isn't bringing in any more forwards, WTF??? Giroud is one injury away from Arsenal being crippled at ST and he's not that good anyway. If he doesn't make movements to bring in a top quality striker i.e. Benzema, then Arsenal are not going to win anything this coming season.

If they don't bring in a top quality striker to replace Suarez, it'll probably end up the same as Spurs. Lallana and Lambert doesn't excite me, which is good because I am an Arsenal fan. 

Arsenal have made some good deals. Debuchy is particularly good and Sanchez adds wing depth which we could have done with last season because of the injuries Chamberlain and Walcott took. Arsene has been rumoured to be on a CDM i.e. Khedira, Vidal, Bender, etc, signing any of those would be great and is a position we desperately need to fill, but what about securing a striker???? 

Arsene has said he isn't bringing in any more forwards, WTF??? Giroud is one injury away from Arsenal being crippled at ST and he's not that good anyway. If he doesn't make movements to bring in a top quality striker i.e. Benzema, then Arsenal are not going to win anything this coming season.

Don't think real madrid will let benzema walk. Arsenal did sign Alexis Sanchez from Barca no? Not a pure striker but he can definitely play up front. Earlier this year I saw some youth tournament. European Championship or something and france had a young striker whom impressed me. Yaya Sanogo. He plays for arsenal. Doens't mean he'll reach that level in the pro's but still.

Don't think real madrid will let benzema walk. Arsenal did sign Alexis Sanchez from Barca no? Not a pure striker but he can definitely play up front. Earlier this year I saw some youth tournament. European Championship or something and france had a young striker whom impressed me. Yaya Sanogo. He plays for arsenal. Doens't mean he'll reach that level in the pro's but still.

Sanogo is still a work in progress. Sanchez can play striker, but doesn't present any aerial threat. We need someone. Even just a straight up replacement for Giroud in case of injury.

Edited by mytduxfan

EFC is looking at some Belgians once again. 

So uh... Suck it LFC. 

Still find it really funny that Moyes got Dehydrated Donkey Dung canned within one season of Man Unitied. 

EFC is looking at some Belgians once again. 

So uh... Suck it LFC. 

Still find it really funny that Moyes got Dehydrated Donkey Dung canned within one season of Man Unitied. 

They are going to struggle more this season without Lukaku. That guy was clutch throughout last season. Maybe Everton should move for Benteke. He's another Belgium who you can lob the ball up at and he'll beast his way towards goal to score.

On this, we can agree wholeheartedly!

You know Benteke was our #1 striker on the national team up until he got injured. Then it was up to Lukaku whom never impressed until the last game of the qualifiers and in the game versus USA. And then suddenly this Origi kid pops up out of nowhere. Don't know what the depth chart will look like with all 3 healthy but what Origi showed during the World Cup was nothing less than impressive. If he develops well in Lille and afterwards in Liverpool we have a real gem on our hands.

Is it already certain that Lukaku is leaving btw?

And if arsenal really is serious about a striker they should throw everything they have at Radamel Falcao. That guy is easily a top 3 striker in the world and he plays in Monaco of all places. Sure the money must have been enticing but playing for 2000 people isn't all that spectacular. That kind of player doesn't belong there. And now that Rodriguez has left I'm sure Falcao wouldn't mind a move himself.

Now is the time to try to sign him. Barcelona and real madrid probably can't afford him anymore (although apparently real madrid can pull of any move). Bayern already signed Lewandowki last year and chelsea got Costa. I guess we can rule out PSG as Monaco would be insanely stupid to move him within the league. That leaves maybe united and city and possibly liverpool. Knowing van gaal he sticks with dutch players (look what he did in Barcelona in the late 90's). So why not?  

I don't see Real Madrid letting Benzema go especially after just selling Morata. He had a good season and a good World Cup, and if they sell him they'd have to play a false 9 for the whole season. I don't really see that happening. They'll probably move someone, but my guess is that's going to be Di Maria or Khedira.

You know Benteke was our #1 striker on the national team up until he got injured. Then it was up to Lukaku whom never impressed until the last game of the qualifiers and in the game versus USA. And then suddenly this Origi kid pops up out of nowhere. Don't know what the depth chart will look like with all 3 healthy but what Origi showed during the World Cup was nothing less than impressive. If he develops well in Lille and afterwards in Liverpool we have a real gem on our hands.

And if arsenal really is serious about a striker they should throw everything they have at Radamel Falcao. That guy is easily a top 3 striker in the world and he plays in Monaco of all places. Sure the money must have been enticing but playing for 2000 people isn't all that spectacular. That kind of player doesn't belong there. And now that Rodriguez has left I'm sure Falcao wouldn't mind a move himself.

Now is the time to try to sign him. Barcelona and real madrid probably can't afford him anymore (although apparently real madrid can pull of any move). Bayern already signed Lewandowki last year and chelsea got Costa. I guess we can rule out PSG as Monaco would be insanely stupid to move him within the league. That leaves maybe united and city and possibly liverpool. Knowing van gaal he sticks with dutch players (look what he did in Barcelona in the late 90's). So why not?  

I did know that Benteke was the #1 striker for Belgium. He's a beast, just on a poor team in Villa. Origi is someone I hope Arsenal would jump on, but I guess we have Yaya Sanogo, who is similar in a number of respects.

As far as Falcao, he only signed with Monaco last season. He would be great, but they reportedly paid 60mil euros for him. Probably too steep for Arsene. Getting Ozil was a big deal, but I don't see him bringing in Sanchez for £35mil and forking out another £45-50mil for Falcao (even though he should). To be fair, Benzema wouldn't be much cheaper after his solid performances during the WC.

I don't see Real Madrid letting Benzema go especially after just selling Morata. He had a good season and a good World Cup, and if they sell him they'd have to play a false 9 for the whole season. I don't really see that happening. They'll probably move someone, but my guess is that's going to be Di Maria or Khedira.

Fair point! I agree... I could see both Di Maria and Khedira going. Di Maria should come to Arsenal. Our LW position is weak i.e. Cazorla (natural CAM), Chamberlain (natural RW), Podolski (natural CF). I heard rumours that Cazorla may be on the move back to Villarreal or to Athletico Madrid. Could open up space for Di Maria on that LW. Add a true CDM and I'd be happy without a ST.

Giroud

Di Maria - Ozil - Sanchez

Ramsey - Khedira/Vidal/Bender

Gibbs - Koscielny - Mertersacker - Debuchy

Szczesny

Depth players would be: Wilshere, Walcott, Chamberlain, Arteta, Flamini, Gnabry, Jenkinson, Monreal + CB (if Vermaelan leaves)

That's serious depth for all the competitions Arsenal have and plenty to help with injuries. I'd still be concerned about the ST position. If Giroud is injured we are screwed playing Sanogo, a 21 year old still in development. However, the offensive force on the wings would still be too much for most teams.

Edited by mytduxfan

I gotta say one thing about Romelu Lukaku 

he lost his mojo after he cut his hair,before that he was like raging bull (in a good way)

i remember those 2 goals versus Liverpool,where he was on a beast mode or something.

i don't recall him scoring more than 5 goals since then,world cup included.(after he cut his hair)

lost his hair,lost his mojo :)

Edited by NiemiWillRise
1 person likes this

Lumaku!!!

Happy Toffee fan.

Great for him. He gets to play while in chelsea he'd probably be 4th on the depth chart. But a bit of an overpayment don't you think? He's good and he has room for growth but still a lot of money.

Great for him. He gets to play while in chelsea he'd probably be 4th on the depth chart. But a bit of an overpayment don't you think? He's good and he has room for growth but still a lot of money.

£28mil is cheap. He's 21 and could be the next Drogba. I think, by the time Everton are unable to keep him i.e. when the big teams come offering him a starting role, they'll have got more than their fair share out of him and they'll sell him for more than they bought him for.

Also, signing Barkley to a 4 year extension was must do. Martinez is beasting it in Merseyside.

Lumaku!!!

Happy Toffee fan.

Learn to spell, you drunk! Lukaku!

Don't know the BPL intimately as I would with the NHL. But if this is true. Lukakau has some fine numbers.  And I'm super giddy. School girl giddy. 

[Edit] For the life of me I can't post the this picture of Lukaku. It's basically a list of League goals scored by a 21 year old. And Lukaku tops the list over Neymar, Rooney, Messi, Suarez, Eto'o, RVP and Ronaldo. 

Edited by poum