Spencer_12

Other Sports Topic - Discuss It All Here V2

1,007 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2017 at 3:04 PM, Spencer_12 said:

141m Coutinho to Barca. Sorry Norge, that's a ton of money though nice job holding Barca hostage.

Lol. After this transfer window, I've come to hate Barca almost as much as Real Madrid fans. ;)

But Coutinho's a Red for at least a few more months. We'll see how things go from there. And I don't care how much cash was offered, selling your top player with only a few weeks left in the summer window is a horrible way to start a season that features CL matches. Glad ownership held firm. This whole drama fest can get bent.

Also my Reds finally signed a Norwegian starlet (16 year old kid named Edvard who's already lighting it up for the U-18s) so future-watch wise that's cool for me. B) 

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, norge25 said:

Lol. After this transfer window, I've come to hate Barca almost as much as Real Madrid fans. ;)

But Coutinho's a Red for at least a few more months. We'll see how things go from there. And I don't care how much cash was offered, selling your top player with only a few weeks left in the summer window is a horrible way to start a season that features CL matches. Glad ownership held firm. This whole drama fest can get bent.

Also my Reds finally signed a Norwegian starlet (16 year old kid named Edvard who's already lighting it up for the U-18s) so future-watch wise that's cool for me. B) 

Good. Good. 

Hopefully it goes better than Odegaard :ph34r:

And yeah, screw Barca I hope they miss out on Coutinho and Dembele this window. Real is on another level than them anyways but it's nice to see them like this :D

Hopefully Liverpool takes care of business Wednesday and then avoids a group of death with Real otherwise you're in trouble, norge :lol: 

Liverpool is smashing Hoffenheim in the 2nd leg. That 3rd goal was a beauty.

1 person likes this

On 8/23/2017 at 0:06 PM, Spencer_12 said:

Liverpool is smashing Hoffenheim in the 2nd leg. That 3rd goal was a beauty.

Such a team goal. Passing was so perfect all Can had to do was tap it in, really. 

If our defense didn't blow, we'd be a really tough team to beat.

Lucked out missing a couple of those gnarly CL groups. Woo!

1 person likes this

Yeah, that was a good draw for Liverpool, they should definitely make the round of 16. If my team wasn't Real I'd be worried in that group... definitely the worst group to be in. I'm hoping Dortmund goes through with Real - they always seem to play each other in UCL lately - so I can continue to watch Pulisic in the tournament. 

Dortmund just sold Dembele to Barca for 145-150m (they bought him for 15m last year :lol:) so that's good for Spurs in that group. 

Apparently PSG is buying M'bappe from Monaco for 150m. What an attacking team they will have. lol Barca if that happens; I'd much rather have M'bappe than Dembele for that money. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, norge25 said:

LOL USA

There's still men's Olympic... <_<

At least there's still woman's Olympic hockey. :D

2 people like this

1 minute ago, poum said:

There's still men's Olympic... <_<

At least there's still woman's Olympic hockey. :D

Yup. And I'm planning on seeing them play Canada in San Jose in December. (Tickets on sale tomorrow at 10, presale tonight, USAHOCKEY code on Ticketmaster.)

Taylor Twellman's rant was beautiful. LOL USA.

2 people like this

Love what Twellman had to say. Just hope US Soccer can get their heads out of their ass and finally address some of those issues holding them back.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

:mellow:

I feel bad for Pulisic and some of the young‘uns, but do you think they deserve anything less, as a team, after such dismal qualification match performances?

1 person likes this

Just now, norge25 said:

I feel bad for Pulisic and some of the young‘uns, but do you think they deserve anything less, as a team, after such dismal qualification match performances?

No, they don’t deserve to make it.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Yup. And I'm planning on seeing them play Canada in San Jose in December. (Tickets on sale tomorrow at 10, presale tonight, USAHOCKEY code on Ticketmaster.)

Nice!  Bring me back a Knight.

13 hours ago, poum said:

Nice!  Bring me back a Knight.

Come on up for it! The tickets are 67 max (penalty box side), and the ones near the tunnel behind the benches are 42. Glass seats in some sections are less than 30.

I'm so stoked. Looking forward to watching them in person after plenty of online and televised games. And hitting up Good Karma or Original Gravity before the game for beer and grub.

Mind you, with Ticketmaster being what it is, the fees pretty much added up to a third ticket. Yeesh. At least the dude who helped me was good about me being a pest wanting tunnel section tickets, and knew how big this game is, cool dude. 

10 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Come on up for it! The tickets are 67 max (penalty box side), and the ones near the tunnel behind the benches are 42. Glass seats in some sections are less than 30.

I'm so stoked. Looking forward to watching them in person after plenty of online and televised games. And hitting up Good Karma or Original Gravity before the game for beer and grub.

Mind you, with Ticketmaster being what it is, the fees pretty much added up to a third ticket. Yeesh. At least the dude who helped me was good about me being a pest wanting tunnel section tickets, and knew how big this game is, cool dude. 

The SAP Center is across the street from Amtrak. And I do love me a train ride. 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, poum said:

The SAP Center is across the street from Amtrak. And I do love me a train ride. 

I'm always jealous of the folks who can take the CalTrain to the games and home. Five hours round trip in the car makes the day a little too long sometimes.

Woof. Glad I bought morning beer in anticipation of this one being ugly. Ugly indeed.

Failing to replace Lovren over the summer is wrecking us this season.