The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spencer_12

Other Sports Topic - Discuss It All Here V2

Arsenal smashed Benfica today 5-1. Chambers was literally perfect in that game. Hopefully he's more successful than Jenkinson has been. Saw a few glimpses of what Sanchez has to bring. If Arsenal keep Cazorla, they definitely have the best midfield in the Prem this season. If we add Khedira, I say it's the best midfield in the world, even better than Barca and Real.

My Citizens still gonna beat your Gunners  B) 

seriously thou, im really afraid of Liverpool and Arsenal in this upcoming season 

even without Suarez, Liverpool gonna be strong,Arsenal had its chance last season

and Gunners have improved so not gonna make same mistakes this time i think.

I have a gut feeling that Chelsea and Mourinho will have to settle for the 4th spot.

as good as Mourinho and Chelsea are maybe Mourinho's star has slightly dimmed and others are passing him.

a lot of people say Van Gaal gonna "heave" the United back to top places

but i think they start with too big of a gap against other big clubs,maybe next season ManUtd.

My Citizens still gonna beat your Gunners  B)

seriously thou, im really afraid of Liverpool and Arsenal in this upcoming season 

even without Suarez, Liverpool gonna be strong,Arsenal had its chance last season

and Gunners have improved so not gonna make same mistakes this time i think.

I have a gut feeling that Chelsea and Mourinho will have to settle for the 4th spot.

as good as Mourinho and Chelsea are maybe Mourinho's star has slightly dimmed and others are passing him.

a lot of people say Van Gaal gonna "heave" the United back to top places

but i think they start with too big of a gap against other big clubs,maybe next season ManUtd.

Liverpool isn't that much of a threat. They'll be fighting for 4th with Spurs, Man U, Everton, etc. Man City are still the biggest threat. So much scoring depth at ST, they are the ones to beat IMO. Chelsea will be strong. They've made some good additions, but they don't have any great scoring options at ST. Arsenal are similar, so I could see Chelsea and Arsenal duking being close rivals all the way through the season.

Some transfer speculation that Real will sell Di Maria to PSG and then use that money to buy Falcao from Monaco. Real only has one striker, and they have a lot of games this season so I could see them wanting 2 strikers. Not sure it will work out beyond 1 year as Benzema and Falcao will both want to play a lot. It could basically be like Benzema and Higuain where one of them was eventually sold.

Some transfer speculation that Real will sell Di Maria to PSG and then use that money to buy Falcao from Monaco. Real only has one striker, and they have a lot of games this season so I could see them wanting 2 strikers. Not sure it will work out beyond 1 year as Benzema and Falcao will both want to play a lot. It could basically be like Benzema and Higuain where one of them was eventually sold.

Di Maria isn't worth the crazy money that has been quoted. He's a great winger, but PSG have Lavezzi and Lucas already, both extremely competent. Why add another winger? All 3 will want major playing time and that is not possible. PSG could do with a better play-making CAM i.e. Ozil or Gotze type player and a better i.e. faster, bigger gas tank, more offensive-mind left back to replace Maxwell. 

If Real Madrid can't win the whole thing with the players they have, then there is something wrong with the Manager or in the locker room, not with the players skill level. I can't see how buying Falcao solves anything. The players need to sync better. Too many individuals, not enough of a team spirit, IMO. 

Donovan got the winner too. I switched to the Angels game right after Lewandoski made it 1-0 Bayern. I didn't think MLS would comeback. Still, Bayern didn't play many of their regulars until after the 80 minute.

lol MLS All-Stars beat FC Bayern Munchen lol

but you gotta remember Bayern are readying for their season opener

Bundesliga is less than 2 weeks away, can't take too many risks

but yeah pretty sweet victory for them,always fun to see german side lose :)

its been pretty sucky summer for me,had to see german win world cup over my argentina.

and that one fluky champions league win for bayern over dortmund (clearly Malaga was destined to win that year 2013 but got played by the refs in semis vs dortmund, 2 iffy goals in the extra time )

Malaga would of beaten Bayern in the final.

but you gotta remember Bayern are readying for their season opener

Bundesliga is less than 2 weeks away, can't take too many risks

but yeah pretty sweet victory for them,always fun to see german side lose :)

its been pretty sucky summer for me,had to see german win world cup over my argentina.

and that one fluky champions league win for bayern over dortmund (clearly Malaga was destined to win that year 2013 but got played by the refs in semis vs dortmund, 2 iffy goals in the extra time )

Malaga would of beaten Bayern in the final.

Sorry, my "lol's" were implied to be sarcastic. It's not a huge win. It's merely a friendly. But after the Man U... after that embarrassment at the Rose Bowl against the Galaxy. It's nice to have something to cheer for.

And seeing Donovan get the MVP of the game. Gets me all World Cup snub annoyed all over again. 

Considering MLS is a joke to international futbol, these small victories are pretty awesome. Even if the zee Germans were holding back. Still better than there B Squad! 

Sorry, my "lol's" were implied to be sarcastic. It's not a huge win. It's merely a friendly. But after the Man U... after that embarrassment at the Rose Bowl against the Galaxy. It's nice to have something to cheer for.

And seeing Donovan get the MVP of the game. Gets me all World Cup snub annoyed all over again. 

Considering MLS is a joke to international futbol, these small victories are pretty awesome. Even if the zee Germans were holding back. Still better than there B Squad! 

To be fair, there are a number of good, albeit older, players in the MLS leagues now days i.e. Henry, Villa, Defoe, Cahill, Lampard, Keane, Maxi Rodriguez, + a number of Brazilian players.

Some of those guys could still make in the big leagues, but are obviously superstars in MLS and make a ton of money. 

To be fair, there are a number of good, albeit older, players in the MLS leagues now days i.e. Henry, Villa, Defoe, Cahill, Lampard, Keane, Maxi Rodriguez, + a number of Brazilian players.

Some of those guys could still make in the big leagues, but are obviously superstars in MLS and make a ton of money. 

Cahill is great. Love the dude from his days as a Toffee. And Keane. Oh Keane... But yeah, the Galaxy held back Keane and Gonzalez from the All Star game as the Galaxy have a game Friday. With the standings so close it was the prudent move for the club.  With three games in hand and only three points behind 2nd place Real Mormon Lake. Screw the gimmick game go for the League wins!

Think Seattle also took out a player from the MLS FC Bayern game. 

And Lando announced it's his last season. 

I'm gonna go console my self at the bottom of a pint glass. And bugger me if it wasn't IPA Day. All that hops and high alcohol content will give me that warm numb feeling in no time. 

And Lando announced it's his last season. 

I'm gonna go console my self at the bottom of a pint glass. And bugger me if it wasn't IPA Day. All that hops and high alcohol content will give me that warm numb feeling in no time. 

I'd did the same when Henry left Arsenal for Barca (at some ridiculous mind you). One of the worst football-related incidences I've experienced. Even at 36, he can still hang with the best. He may not have the speed, but he's still got a wicked shot, a keen eye for the open man and the passing ability to get the ball to him. 

If you haven't seen them already checkout his top 50 goals, all world-class. If you don't have the time to watch all 50, at least watch the top 5. Unbelievable!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTbAU6Km3CQ

Yep :)

Dortmund beats Bayern for the 2nd straight year in the German super cup.

That's actually very surprising given that Lewandovski is now at Bayern. Some rumours flying around that Hummels maybe leaving, but I don't see it happening. Sure, Dortmund lost it's best player and forward, but they aren't going into full meltdown like Southampton.

Saturday it begins;the best league in the world;english premier league

day 1 fixtures:

Man Utd-Swansea (2)*

Leicester-Everton (2/X)

QPR-Hull (X/1)

Stoke-Aston Villa (1)

West Bromwich-Sunderland (2)

West Ham-Tottenham (2)

Arsenal-Crystal Palace (1)

* yes, i'm saying Swansea will beat United

no Van Persie (injured),central defense is still somewhat weak 

and there's a reason why DeGea (not bad keeper,but not "tier 1" either) doesn't get time in the national team

yes Swansea did lose Michu to Lazio but Swansea still haves Jonjo Shelvey

who gonna totally surprise (again) DeGea with that long range volley :)

besides its a season opener,when usually "better" teams are not always awake

and when usually those "surprises" occur.

also it would be foolish to underestimate Swansea (this season),their last season position says

nothing about the club and what they can do this season (back in top 10 i predict) 

Really? Leicester beats Everton by two? 

um....1= home win, X= draw, 2=away win

2X= away win with draw as a fallback,its a betting lingo

at least where i come from it is 

btw. was that 2/X incorrect or something???....   

Can't believe that the prem didn't kicked the season off with a big game. Would have loved to watch Arsenal play Spurs or Everton vs Liverpool.

Can't believe that the prem didn't kicked the season off with a big game. Would have loved to watch Arsenal play Spurs or Everton vs Liverpool.

Can't have your stomach full after day 1 :)

English Premier League is the best,so no need for selling it :).

I prefer having the big games at the dark autumn nights(evenings) and

hectic late December,where you really measure your opponents might.

then in January you set yourself for February and March when the fight for the title really begins. 

Heh. Just found out you can watch games online at NBC Sports Extra. Just gotta use your sign information for your cable provider. Now I can watch games from the privacy and comfort of my bed on early saturday mornings.

This is particularly useful as Premeire Leagues are very limited on TV while all games are carried online. Good for people who want to watch something aside from Man U and Man City games.

(For Americans, that is.)

And hey, Sansea goes up 2-1 on the Red Devils.

Depending on your cable provider you can get all of them on TV too. My channels 1701-1707 have all the EPL games in HD. It is pretty sweet.

Swansea beat United. Nice call Niemi.

As i predicted,Swansea beats Man Utd,Van Gaal should of listened Rodgers,he is usually right in these things.

Liverpool manager Rodgers said that he warns Van Gaal not to take lightly so called smaller clubs.

Depending on your cable provider you can get all of them on TV too. My channels 1701-1707 have all the EPL games in HD. It is pretty sweet.

Swansea beat United. Nice call Niemi.

Thanks Spence

I know a looooot about hockey,but twice as much from football :)

So premier league got started and here are the results of the first games.

Burnley-Chelsea 1-3

Newcastle-Man City 0-2

Arsenal-Crystal Palace 2-1

Liverpool-Southampton 2-1

Man Utd-Swansea 1-2

Qpr-Hull 0-1

Stoke-Aston Villa 0-1

West Ham-Tottenham 0-1

Leicester-Everton 2-2

West Bromwich-Sunderland 2-2

and here is something i made, all goals from the first round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZq_HGAO7eU