The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Spencer_12

Other Sports Topic - Discuss It All Here V2

He was my first football crush, though. It just saddens me is all. It's not that I wish he was on my team right now, it's that I wish he wasn't wearing that filthy disgusting rag of a kit. Ya know?

Haha yeah, I just felt like being negative there :lol:

• Like 1

HUGE soccer day tomorrow unless you hate America.

First, World Cup qualifying USA vs Guatemala. They embarrassed us last week in Guatemala. It's a must win. Then right after that game is leg 2 of the USA U23 Olympic Qualifying playoff against Columbia. It's 1-1 on agg with USA leading on away goals. Winner goes to the Olympics. Both games on ESPN.

That U23 game did not go well lol. No Olympics for the mens team. They weren't expected to beat Columbia over 2 legs. The real mistake was not getting past Honduras, which would have had them qualified for the tournament.

The IIHF Womens Worlds going on. USA beat Canada 3-1 yesterday while winning against Team Niemi 2-1 today.

Love of my life has three goals in the tourney so far.

• Like 2

Whew the women's curling championship was fun to watch.  The intense concentration, yelling, scrubbing the floor, yelling some more, scrub the floor again, knocking those stones.  Cheering.  Makes watching golf boring....oh wait, golf is boring as hell to watch.

• Like 1

Whew the women's curling championship was fun to watch.  The intense concentration, yelling, scrubbing the floor, yelling some more, scrub the floor again, knocking those stones.  Cheering.  Makes watching golf boring....oh wait, golf is boring as hell to watch.

SCRUB THAT DECK LIKE YO MOMMA TAUGHT YA!!! Curling is indeed intriguing!

• Like 1

USA Womens blanked the Russians 8-0. Embarrassed them worst than Calgary. Impressive. Knight with another two goal game.

• Like 2

ORIGI!!

He really should have scored just prior to half-time but other than that he played really well. A good result for Liverpool. Never expected they'd earn a draw. That Emre Can dude is going to have a great future. Mad skills and he is built like a brick ****house

He really should have scored just prior to half-time but other than that he played really well. A good result for Liverpool. Never expected they'd earn a draw. That Emre Can dude is going to have a great future. Mad skills and he is built like a brick ****house

Can is a model of inconsistency (and like you alluded to, also a model of man strength). When he's on his A game, he's a force to be reckoned with, dominant in the middle, but other games he's almost invisible. If he can find a good groove, I love my Reds midfield moving forward.

And yeah, I was happily surprised with the away draw (and goal!).

Can is a model of inconsistency (and like you alluded to, also a model of man strength). When he's on his A game, he's a force to be reckoned with, dominant in the middle, but other games he's almost invisible. If he can find a good groove, I love my Reds midfield moving forward.

And yeah, I was happily surprised with the away draw (and goal!).

That might be. I only watch Liverpool in the EL but in the games I've watched he was certainly noticeable. He's not a highlight player but if you look at his take-aways and such he's definitely not invisible. And he's young. Give him some time.

Really looking forward to that game on Thursday.

I saw that it was 3-1 Dortmund with 30 min left and figured they had it in the bag since Liverpool needed 3 to overcome the away goals. Very surprised to see they got them. Not a bad showing today in the Jr. competition ;)

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 1

I saw that it was 3-1 Dortmund with 30 min left and figured they had it in the bag since Liverpool needed 3 to overcome the away goals. Very surprised to see they got them. Not a bad showing today in the Jr. competition ;)

Haha, **** off with that "not a bad showing", that was a bloody brilliant comeback and you missed out if you didn't watch it. Magic again at Anfield, finally!

And the much-maligned Lovren with the winner, unbelievable. Milner's cross was twelve kinds of fantastic, barely controls the hot pass with a too-hard touch but lunges to it just in time to send it perfectly across the box, and DEJAN LOVREN!?!?!! heads it home.

One of those games that exemplifies why so many love this sport, and why I love my club no matter how much they generally blow right now!

/still on an adrenaline high

• Like 1

That was one hell of a game. Couldn't believe the start Dortmund had. But then Liverpool stepped it up. I thought it was over after Dortmund made it 1-3 but boy was I wrong. I'm not a fan of either team but that was a joy to watch.

Rather quite on the Norge front.

I didn't want to rub it in. Hockey's been painful enough for all of us this week, no?  ;) 

Though I am quite piddleed about the foul on Origi. Kid's been in top form for us lately, now likely done for the season, along with what feels like a third of the squad. 

I didn't even watch it :lol:

Totally forgot till right now when I looked up the score.

I didn't want to rub it in. Hockey's been painful enough for all of us this week, no?  ;) 

Though I am quite piddleed about the foul on Origi. Kid's been in top form for us lately, now likely done for the season, along with what feels like a third of the squad. 

Not to mention he might miss the European Championship. The way he was playing he'd surely get a chance to prove himself. It's not broken but torn ligaments are something can be worse.

Dee Gordon suspended 80 games for PEDs. That's half the baseball season. Makes Horcoffs seem reasonable.

Also of note Gordons new batting coach is Barry Bonds. Kinda funny that.

• Like 1

I had to laugh because they let him play against the Dodgers today then after the game they were like "BAM 80 games."