The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spencer_12

Other Sports Topic - Discuss It All Here V2

So premier league got started and here are the results of the first games.

Burnley-Chelsea 1-3

Newcastle-Man City 0-2

Arsenal-Crystal Palace 2-1

Liverpool-Southampton 2-1

Man Utd-Swansea 1-2

Qpr-Hull 0-1

Stoke-Aston Villa 0-1

West Ham-Tottenham 0-1

Leicester-Everton 2-2

West Bromwich-Sunderland 2-2

and here is something i made, all goals from the first round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZq_HGAO7eU

Fantastic music choice!

Good weekend for the neutral. Glad my Arsenal squeaked out the win. Hoping for more from them tonight and this coming weekend.

Fantastic music choice!

Good weekend for the neutral. Glad my Arsenal squeaked out the win. Hoping for more from them tonight and this coming weekend.

guile theme does go for everything :)

Balotelli? Really Rodgers?

No official statement yet, but a bunch of sports media are saying it's a done deal at $16 mil. Which isn't a bad price for a household-name striker, but I was kinda hoping the boss would replace some of Suarez' goal production without also replacing most of his drama. And as some Italians told me in Florence this summer (World Cup was starting up, football talk was abundant), Balotelli only plays well when he feels like it.

First LFC signing of this window that I flat don't like, if it's true. Hope he proves me wrong.

No official statement yet, but a bunch of sports media are saying it's a done deal at $16 mil. Which isn't a bad price for a household-name striker, but I was kinda hoping the boss would replace some of Suarez' goal production without also replacing most of his drama. And as some Italians told me in Florence this summer (World Cup was starting up, football talk was abundant), Balotelli only plays well when he feels like it.

First LFC signing of this window that I flat don't like, if it's true. Hope he proves me wrong.

My thoughts exactly. 

Thou i will like to thank Mr Balotelli for giving that key pass for Sergio kun Aguero's title winning goal 

and all the fun off-pitch shenanigans,that kept us City fans warm when your game was off. 

Mario "why always me" Balotelli Liverpool FC -YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT- 

what were you thinking BR 

It's a good move. 16 million for a player with Balotelli's potential is nothing. The upside is huge, and the downside is he's an unmotivated, locker room cancer and Liverpool gets rid of him after a year. He could be the reason Liverpool stays in the title race if he brings his A game, and he's not going to be the reason if Liverpool doesn't finish top 4 at the end of the season. Liverpool are already good enough to finish top 4.

His locker room antics will cripple Liverpool. Suarez may have done some stupid stuff, but most players seemed to like him.

Balotelli isn't that well liked. It doesn't bode well when a team that bought Balotelli for £30mil is will to sell him for £18mil and a team that bought Balotelli for £18 is willing to sell him for £16mil.

From a pure talent point of view, it's just what Liverpool need and the only signing I actually like, but, overall, he could be a nightmare. 

He's one of the best strikers in the world if he wants to. You gotta love the guy for his talent but his behaviour can be so frustrating. Don't know whether it's a good move. They had to do something of course. They (as every team) should have gone after Falcao with the money they got out of the Suarez deal IMO.

Everton vs Arsenal was a solid match. I thought Everton played well enough overall to deserve the win, but their second goal was offsides so I suppose a draw is good for them in the end. Real nice comeback from Arsenal.

Everton vs Arsenal was a solid match. I thought Everton played well enough overall to deserve the win, but their second goal was offsides so I suppose a draw is good for them in the end. Real nice comeback from Arsenal.

That was rough for Everton. Yah, second goal by them was offsides and lucky to get the draw. On the other hand, another 2nd half lead was blown and two goals given up in 7 minutes in the last stretch of the game.

I think 2-2 draw was quite okay result for that game.

Arsenal was horrible in first half,couldn't do anything right,yes Toffees did score one goal

that clearly was off-side (but freeking genius no look pass from Lukaku) 

Up to certain point in second half Everton was on total control and clearly deserved the

win at that point, even if you exclude the second goal

Last 10 was completely Arsenals and i think they had even a small shot for the win

in the last minute(s) of injury time,so in the end Everton got lucky  

almost turning "sure" 2-0 victory to a loss,so 2-2 draw was right

when the whistle was blown.

Everton are tough side at home these days, but Arsenal deserved the win. Szczesny literally saved no shots on goal, so it was like we were lucky to even be in the game. 2 shots on goal = 2-0 is enough. Meanwhile, Howard was beast as usual. Also, Everton's 2nd goal was offside. Whilst Arsenal looked awful in the first half, I put that down to Arsene's poor decision to play Sanchez upfront and Everton's superb defence. Still the onslaught at the end means that Arsenal should have won. In any event, a 2-2 draw against Everton away is a good result for any side. I am happy with it, especially given the 3-0 loss we suffered last season.

P.S. Man U sucks!

Everton are tough side at home these days, but Arsenal deserved the win. Szczesny literally saved no shots on goal, so it was like we were lucky to even be in the game. 2 shots on goal = 2-0 is enough. Meanwhile, Howard was beast as usual. Also, Everton's 2nd goal was offside. Whilst Arsenal looked awful in the first half, I put that down to Arsene's poor decision to play Sanchez upfront and Everton's superb defence. Still the onslaught at the end means that Arsenal should have won. In any event, a 2-2 draw against Everton away is a good result for any side. I am happy with it, especially given the 3-0 loss we suffered last season.

P.S. Man U sucks!

ah my fellow man utd hater  B)  :lol:  :ph34r:

citizen's and gunners together,hating the red devils.

seriously thou i really don't hate them,its just nice to see them lose  ;)

ah my fellow man utd hater  B)  :lol:  :ph34r:

citizen's and gunners together,hating the red devils.

seriously thou i really don't hate them,its just nice to see them lose  ;)

I just love the fact that their beloved manager (o the great Alex Ferguson) pretty much bailed on the team after realising that the young players he spent over £80mil on turned out to be crap! Moyes was left with a shell of a team, and Van Gaal is left with even less. I am with Phil Neville, they need to spend at least £100-200mil to get back into top 4 contention. That defence looks dire, their midfield has no creativity and their is no pace at ST.

I am just glad I don't have to hear a bunch of crap from their fans. I grew up in London and it's funny how many Man Utd's fans there are in London, especially considering that most of them haven't even been to Manchester and have they have multiple London teams to support. Basically:

Man Utd's + LA fans = glory-hunting, band-wagon riding, morons who have no real appreciation for the sport and quickly lose interest when their team isn't winning it all. 

P.S. Man U sucks!

Ebertons good defense? Pff. I think it was the Gunners first goal that looked like it was a duo of Sbisas out there. Got caught napping.

Ugh. Terrible start of the season for Everton. Yah, two draws isn't the end of the world. Seeing this team drop two leads in the 2nd half is simply disheartening. Though draw with Arsenal is pretty great in perspective, being a top 4.

COYB! At least we're not Man U supporters around here (i think).

Looks like United is getting Di Maria. Spent a lot for him, but he's a great player.

Not official yet! Value is quoted to be between £50-70mil! Di Maria is a good player, but Hazard is better IMO. He isn't worth that kind of money if you ask me. 

UCL group draw was today. Sorry norge, looks like Liverpool is playing for 2nd ;)

Group E with City, Bayern, Roma, and a trip to Russia looks to be the toughest. Chelsea got lucky and drew a really easy group.

UCL group draw was today. Sorry norge, looks like Liverpool is playing for 2nd ;)

Group E with City, Bayern, Roma, and a trip to Russia looks to be the toughest. Chelsea got lucky and drew a really easy group.

Group of death.

My Arsenal drew some tough teams; Dortmund, Galatasaray and Anderlecht. 

Dortmund are going to be tough, whilst Galatasaray may also cause some problems. At least we don't have to deal with Drogba though. 

Barca vs PSG will be interesting too!

Today's English Premier League fixtures are as follow

Burnley-Man Utd at Turf Moor (Burnley)

Man City-Stoke at Etihad Stadium (Mancester)

Newcastle-Crystal Palace at St.James Park (Newcastle)

QPR-Sunderland at Loftus Road (London)

Swansea-WBA at Liberty Stadium (Swansea)

West Ham-Southampton at Upton Park (London)

Everton-Chelsea at Goodison Park (Liverpool)

Burnley-Man U 1-2

-United can't lose to both MK Dons and Burnley, right? 

Man C-Stoke 4-0 

-Jovetic is on fire,Aguero has scored in both games,wingers Silva,Nasri,Navas on fire

Newcastle-Crystal Palace 2-1

-Magpies has 2 good games under their belts,but 0 goals and only 1 point, this time at home

they'll get their goal(s) and the win against Pulisless Palace

QPR-Sunderland 1-1

-Harry's team gets their first point and goal of the season after last rounds 0-4 battering

Sunderland sees another draw

West Ham-Southampton 0-2

-Hammer won against weak Palace at the last round,but in this game they are going to face the

usual problem at home: can't score goals,Southampton takes the points  

Everton-Chelsea 2-0

-Chelsea goes to their road game without Costa and that's a huge thing,in both

games so far Costa has scored the important first goal for them,yes they have Drogba

Schuller and many more who can score but in this game vs this strong Everton,

Everton will keep the points at Merseyside. (Lukaku scores both goals) 

I think this will be the first appearance for Eto'o as a Toffee. I was gonna pass on this game as the likely result would be Everton takes the lead into half time. Loses the lead and closes out in a tie. But I'm kinda excited to see what Eto'o can bring.

With Evertons group draw in the Europa League (uggggh), Eto'o needs to be on his game and provide leadership to the lads and bring Everton to relevance in Europe.

Today's English Premier League fixtures are as follow

Burnley-Man Utd at Turf Moor (Burnley)

Man City-Stoke at Etihad Stadium (Mancester)

Newcastle-Crystal Palace at St.James Park (Newcastle)

QPR-Sunderland at Loftus Road (London)

Swansea-WBA at Liberty Stadium (Swansea)

West Ham-Southampton at Upton Park (London)

Everton-Chelsea at Goodison Park (Liverpool)

Burnley - Man Utd (Man Utd)

Man City - Stoke (Man City)

Newcastle - Crystal Palace (Newcastle)

QPR - Sunderland (Sunderland)

Swansea - WBA (Swansea)

West Ham - Southampton (Draw)

Everton - Chelsea (Chelsea)

Everton are my 2nd favourite team. Head says Chelsea, but heart say Everton. 

I'm so glad Sportsnet smartened up and played that Chelsea game instead of the usual poker nonsense they usually have on Saturdays. That was one of the most entertaining matches I've ever seen. Polar opposite of the last time Courtois and Howard went up against each other. 

Diego Costa might be pretty darn good player (4 goals in 3 games),but a complete d-bag,

he so would of deserved a second yellow card from unsportsmanlike conduct against Coleman

Seeing all Chelsea's game this season,i can tell you that Diego Costa is one arrogant,stuck up,

d-bag, he is worse than CR was back in the man utd era (minus the whining and diving).

Yeah, that was my first thought as well. Though I do seem to recall my boys upsetting yours in recent UCL memory. Well, recent for my boys anyway....