The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spencer_12

Other Sports Topic - Discuss It All Here V2

Loved that Moreno goal. Just saying.

I was more impressed with the way he dispossessed Townsend to get the ball in the first place. Where did that kid come from? He's quality.

My Arsenal just look terrible at the moment. No pace on the ball, slow, sluggish, scrappy, their passing is absolutely awful. I have a feeling this is going to be a long season for them. I don't see it going too well for us. Man City in 2 weeks and no striker... gulp!

Radamel Falcao is rumoured to be going to Man Utd on loan for £6mil. That is exactly the deal that Arsenal need right now, but Wenger won't pull the trigger.

I was more impressed with the way he dispossessed Townsend to get the ball in the first place. Where did that kid come from? He's quality.

My Arsenal just look terrible at the moment. No pace on the ball, slow, sluggish, scrappy, their passing is absolutely awful. I have a feeling this is going to be a long season for them. I don't see it going too well for us. Man City in 2 weeks and no striker... gulp!

Dispossessed him, turned on the jets and sprinted half the field, then sniped it in off the far post. Very impressive individual effort. And he's a young buck from Sevilla, to answer.

Rodgers bought up a lot of young players in this transfer window, seems to be establishing good competition for starting positions and looking to stay competitive for top 4 while also building for the future. A lot of these boys will only get better, and some of them are already pretty good. This season probably won't be as good as last season (though I hope to be proved wrong on that note), but the long-term is looking much better than it did. 

Gunners did indeed look awful this weekend. Giroud out is a huge loss. But at least they looked better than ManUre, eh?  ;) 

If Van Gaal does secure Falcao, I really hope he flops, because it is truly delightful to watch the Red Devils flounder.

Danny Welbeck to Arsenal. Initially my thought was meh!, but in hindsight, he could be a good signing. He's better than Sanago, but probably not the best ST in the system we play (not an aerial threat). He definitely improves the team. 

Falcao to Man Utd! Looooool... he's a quality player, but certainly not the guy they need and the cost is beyond ridiculous. Formation is going to be the killer for Man Utd. If it is me, I move to 4-3-1-2:

--Van Persie - Falcao--

---------Rooney------------

Mata - Herrara - Di Maria

Shaw - Blind - Rojo - Jones

--------De Gea----------------

Arsenal/Man City was a pretty entertaining game. The Madrid derby was good too, though not a good result for my team. Tough start to the season for Real. Liverpool too.

Arsenal/Man City was a pretty entertaining game. The Madrid derby was good too, though not a good result for my team. Tough start to the season for Real. Liverpool too.

Probably a fair result the draw. Arsenal had some quality chances that just wouldn't go in, whilst Man City piled it on in the final 10. Hopefully, Arsenal can improve and start winning more or Chelski can slow down and starting losing/drawing a few.

Shock result at Liverpool, and Tottenham have been less than stellar.

I was forced to watch a game at ESPN Zone yesterday, after 35 minutes the score was ZERO shots on goal and 7 crying idiots.

Grown men kicking a ball and crying..i'll never understand it.

I was forced to watch a game at ESPN Zone yesterday, after 35 minutes the score was ZERO shots on goal and 7 crying idiots.

Grown men kicking a ball and crying..i'll never understand it.

I don't understand the Kings either.

The end of the Liverpool game was crazy, Arsenal were terrible, and it was nice to see Real not sucking. I'm looking forward to Bayern v Man City.

Arsenal suck at the moment because the world cup. Ozil and Mertz where the worst players on the pitch. Looks like it could be a long season. Ozil should be our best player, but he's looked lackluster so far and weak on the ball. Need to see more from him if we are to progress. Dortmund fielded a 2nd team and they looked immense. 

Liverpool game was lucky. Balotelli's goal was sweet, but the penalty was a little harsh. Clearly a dive.

Given the amount of money spent on the front 3 players, Real Madrid should be winning every game by 3-4 goals. Not impressed. It's the least I expect. 

Arsenal suck at the moment because the world cup. Ozil and Mertz where the worst players on the pitch. Looks like it could be a long season. Ozil should be our best player, but he's looked lackluster so far and weak on the ball. Need to see more from him if we are to progress. Dortmund fielded a 2nd team and they looked immense. 

Liverpool game was lucky. Balotelli's goal was sweet, but the penalty was a little harsh. Clearly a dive.

Given the amount of money spent on the front 3 players, Real Madrid should be winning every game by 3-4 goals. Not impressed. It's the least I expect. 

Mertesacker is awful. Ozil should be good but I don't know whether he's the type of player that can really carry a team on his back. Kudos to Dortmund because I think they were missing Reus, Sahin, Gundogan, Hummels & Blaszychovsky (or however you spell it). That's pretty incredible.

As for real, they have to be careful. They let xavi alonso walk and with khedira out there's a lot of pressure on kroos to take care of the defensive aspect of the game. They lack balance in midfield IMO. They're not a defensive juggernaut either so they'll have to score a lot. If they were to lose Kroos they're in big trouble.

Mertesacker is awful. Ozil should be good but I don't know whether he's the type of player that can really carry a team on his back. Kudos to Dortmund because I think they were missing Reus, Sahin, Gundogan, Hummels & Blaszychovsky (or however you spell it). That's pretty incredible.

As for real, they have to be careful. They let xavi alonso walk and with khedira out there's a lot of pressure on kroos to take care of the defensive aspect of the game. They lack balance in midfield IMO. They're not a defensive juggernaut either so they'll have to score a lot. If they were to lose Kroos they're in big trouble.

The main problem is the fact that we don't have a DM with pace who can stop those piercing runs straight down the middle and right at our CBs. I don't blame Mertz. The only thing you can call him on is better defending during set pieces, but, otherwise, he's not a pacey CB and therefore shouldn't be expected to match the speed of those counter-attacking forwards.

It's also ridiculous that Wenger hasn't sorted that problem on the left side. All he does is play RWs on their wrong sides. Ozil isn't a LW, he's a CAM. You can't stick him on the LW and expect him to perform. He's done the same with Santi. It just doesn't work.

Ugh. Maybe I should just go watch rookie camp... This is shameful.

Liverpool without Suarez and Sturridge is kind of a non-starter if you ask me. Balotelli is a neat player, but he doesn't have the pace of Sturridge and neither did Borini today. Rogers got the formation all wrong. Should have played 4-2-3-1 rather than the diamond formation. Balotelli would have been far more effective with Sterling running off him as well as two pacey winger knocking in crosses from the wide areas.

P.S. Borini is 2nd rate. Shouldn't be with a team like Liverpool IMO. 

At least my Arsenal had a solid game. Arsene needs to learn; Ozil at CAM = 10, Ozil at LW = 0.

Ugh. Maybe I should just go watch rookie camp... This is shameful.

You've got to get your boys in order.

8 goals from Real today :o:D Some real beauties too.

You've got to get your boys in order.

8 goals from Real today :o:D Some real beauties too.

With all the new additions, things just aren't clicking well yet, particularly on the back end, and there's just no time to get it together. Needs to happen two games ago.

Ugh, Everton sucks. I believe only Chelsea and City had fewer goals against last season. Now? Rocking a League high 13!

Second in goals for, first in goals against. This team is stupid.

With all the new additions, things just aren't clicking well yet, particularly on the back end, and there's just no time to get it together. Needs to happen two games ago.

Yeah, Real were having that problem before the last 2 games except in the midfield instead of defense. I'm kind of missing Di Maria, but James had a hockey laser snipe of a goal yesterday so that was pretty sweet. The team finally played beautifully so hopefully it's a sign to come, and your LFC will gell too...except against Real in champions league :)

lol United indeed. They started so well too.

At least Man Utd is lol.

Was LMFAO all afternoon yesterday! I got so much crap when Arsenal only managed a draw, but 5-3... come on son!

Ugh, Everton sucks. I believe only Chelsea and City had fewer goals against last season. Now? Rocking a League high 13!

Second in goals for, first in goals against. This team is stupid.

Everton needs a leader at the back. Jagielka is too timid and Distin is too stupid. The make is there though, Baines and Stones are both extremely good wingbacks. Everton just needs a world-class CB who can communicate and keep everyone organised. Also, I am surprised they kept Barry after his loan spell. He's a good player, but he has no pace whatsoever.

Welbeck had some kind of game today in the champions league. Real kind of sucked, but edged out a 2-1 win. Liverpool...ouch. They are struggling.